• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever gone through an extended period of inactivity?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
  • Yup. I sure have.

2014 surely wasn't my year at PC. They started putting all the COPPA rules at the end of 2013, and how you had to be over 13 to be part of the forums. As most of you know, I'm currently 13, (don't think there are many thirteeners around here). So by late 2013, I was still an 11 year old boy who enjoyed posting of Pokemon trivia. The day that COPPA rule came by, I got really sad, and I could say I even cried a bit.

I thought about doing a new accounts, but I told myself, I'll join when I become 13, and it'll be a special comeback. So in 2014, PC was out of my reach, and not because I left, it's because I was FORCED to leave. I still kept PC in my heart though, and that's what mattered the most.

I turned 13 last August, and when I came to log in and continue my PC journey, my account was still locked. (turns out you need to contact an administrator) After that happened, my mind felt like "I feel so disappointing" But it was my birthday though, so I wasn't really sad. And two months ago, I was roaming around the internet then I remembered PokeCommunity. I went to check it out. And sure enough, my account was still locked.

I finally contacted a staff member (why didn't I do that before I was stupid) and in one day or so, my account was unblocked. And about that special comeback, I'm living it right now. I've made loads of new friends, and finally some people are beginning to know who I am. (Most people know me as the Gligar guy) And since I became a Community Supporter, life on PC has been better than ever. One thing I noticed is that there aren't loads of siblings anymore. Me and my brother Foxrally feel like we're the only ones here.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I left PC in 2010 to focus on growing busyness IRL. Once things calmed down, I came back. :) The entire staff was pretty much changed. None of my old mod friends were around and any that were were h-staff. VG was very different, but I returned to staff fairly quick and things are better than ever. Even my old friends have come around and one even got modded!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • For a little over a year after I joined I was inactive, never visited and never posted. Then in March of last year I came back and decided to post. Then I just kept on posting and now here I am nearly a year later. When I first came here I really only looked at rom hacks, so I couldn't tell you if anything changed really. I think the most I've been inactive since I started actually coming here was for about a week when I was on vacation, and even then I was still somewhat active since I got sick my first day there, then got turned into a lobster on my second day and pretty much just called it quits after that.

Years
  • I've left a few times, due to school work, irl personal things, etc. The most I've ever been gone is like 2 months though. Not that bad. Not much has changed in between my absences.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I left for about 3 years till the end of last year because I wanted to focus on real life since I was starting Uni. I came back last summer due to boredom and have stayed since.

Nakala Pri

hot damn i totally uberly scooby dooberly read this rong

Six months! 8D That was a pretty damn long time. Buuuuuuut do ban's count? xD

I've been gone for about two weeks at a time but that's pretty few and far between.

Back