• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Concerns on Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Hello everyone, I will need you're help today. I have the game Pokemon Y, I wish too start a new game so I've transferred all my pokemon to the Pokemon Bank. Will I still be able to keep those pokemon and have them even thought I started a new game? Just too be clear, I'm asking that I won't lose my pokemon if I start a new game and be able too have them in the new game?

I do know that I could transfer all my pokemon from Pokemon Y to the bank and put them on a new game on Pokemon X. I don't have the copy of that game so it's not a option nor do I have an extra 3DS to just simply trade them to the other game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    I'm still new too this sort of thing and just realized I probably put this in the wrong section. I apologies so please delete this thread or if someone reads this please help answer my question regarding the Pokemon Bank. Thank and much appreciated.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I will need you're help today. I have the game Pokemon Y, I wish too start a new game so I've transferred all my pokemon to the Pokemon Bank. Will I still be able to keep those pokemon and have them even thought I started a new game? Just too be clear, I'm asking that I won't lose my pokemon if I start a new game and be able too have them in the new game?

I'm sure you're able to, I have 9 different copies of the Kalos games (4 of X, and 5 of Y) and I'm able to use the same Pokemon Bank (the one on my 3DS XL) on all of them with no problem - transferring Pokemon from one game to another.

So you shouldn't loose any Pokemon on the Bank, the only Pokemon you will loose is the one remaining in your old save file.

Hope it sort of answers the question - as I use Pokemon Bank a lot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks for trying to help but I know that works but that's not what I'm asking. What I want too do is transfer all my pokemon to Pokemon Bank then Restart my game then will I still have my pokemon or not is what I'm wondering. I've read on yahoo and some people did what I did and had problems. They still had there pokemon in the Bank but wasn't able too transfer them to there reset game. Know what I mean?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Thanks for trying to help but I know that works but that's not what I'm asking. What I want too do is transfer all my pokemon to Pokemon Bank then Restart my game then will I still have my pokemon or not is what I'm wondering. I've read on yahoo and some people did what I did and had problems. They still had there pokemon in the Bank but wasn't able too transfer them to there reset game. Know what I mean?

If you transfer your Pokemon to Bank then they are available for you to use on any version of X and Y that is inserted into your 3DS/2DS system. Which means if you reset your Pokemon Y you can then get the Pokemon from Bank back into your game.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Thanks for trying to help but I know that works but that's not what I'm asking. What I want too do is transfer all my pokemon to Pokemon Bank then Restart my game then will I still have my pokemon or not is what I'm wondering. I've read on yahoo and some people did what I did and had problems. They still had there pokemon in the Bank but wasn't able too transfer them to there reset game. Know what I mean?

Yes - all the Pokemon in Pokemon Bank are safe, you can transfer them to any new game, doesn't matter if you restarted the game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm...gonna lock this thread. Questions go in the X/Y Quick Q&A thread (and I thought that this question was in there?), and you have your answer now, so there's no reason to keep this open.

*Locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back