• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Yveltal and Xerneas

Which one do you like better: Xerneas or Yveltal?

• Xerneas

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Yveltal

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • But I like them both!

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Neither, they both suck.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • ....Zygarde?

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yveltal.gif
    Xerneas_XY.gif

Since Generation II there's been a mascot legendary for each of the main series games. In X and Y, the mascot legendaries are rainbow jesus bambi Xerneas and a bird that's like a neon sign Yveltal. What do you think of the latest pair of mascot legendaries? Which do you like better? What did you think of their involvement in the games' plot?

And stuff.

Years
  • I like both! Though since Yveltal is bird like and a flying type and I really like birds I felt obligated to choose Y just because of it. What I like about Xerneas is that it's so colorful.
    To be honest, I don't fully remember the story of the game, but Yveltal was supposed to be a weapon of destruction, right? What was Xerneas referred to as?

Years
  • Xerneas, for many reasons. I like Fairy-types over Dark-types, it's more superior competitively (a Moonblast coming from this thing really hurts with the Geomancy + Fairy Aura boost) and I like its design better of the two. Yveltal's awesome as well but Xerneas is clearly the one that won me over.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    rainbow jesus bambi, definitely

The first time I saw Xerneas, I was kind of reminded of the stag Patronus from Harry Potter, and from then on I was sold on getting X to catch Xerneas. I slightly regret not going for Yveltal though, because by the time I was able to catch Xerneas, I already had several good Fairy Pokemon to choose from (I was pretty taken with my Sylveon then, so I ended up boxing Xerneas anyway), but didn't have a good Dark-type Pokemon on my team, so I think Yveltal would have been a nice addition.

But design-wise, I think Xerneas is really pretty and graceful, definitely not the typical look of a mascot Legendary.

Reactions: Nah

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I like Xerneas better. Probably because its signature move can be dangerous in the right circumstances, and that it's a mascot legendary that showcases a new type. I don't think we got any Dark or Steel types for legendaries until...Gen 4, I believe. Fairy just came around, and in the same generation/game, the mascot of one of the new games has a Fairy typing...really, way to make your new type shine, Game Freak!

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I like them both, but I prefer Xerneas overall. It's one of the most beautifully designed Legendaries and it's very strong in battle.

The first time I saw Xerneas, it reminded me of that deer from the movie Princess Mononoke. I just loved it's design! It has this look of magnificence and grace that you don't often see in Legendary Pokemon. I chose X mainly to have Xerneas, too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I like both of them. But when X and Y first released, I liked Yveltal better than Xerneas because of its design and concept. And Oblivion Wing is a cool sounding move name, and it looks like it shoots a freakin' laser. Then Xerneas grew on me when I saw what it can do in battle. Geomancy Xerneas wrecks stuff hard.....which is funny because it's the life giving Pokemon.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • Interesting point: I choose which of the two games to buy based on the Pokémon on the cover. I own X. So it was obviously Xerneas. I am appearance based, and "rainbow jesus bambi" wins over what I always called the "giant flying scorpion". It looks so majestic!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I really like them. I think they're much better than the last two sets of mascots we've been given. For one they're not nearly the same and I find their designs to be somewhat realistic looking. Kind of mythical in a way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas; appearance-wise, it looks much, much better. It reminds me a lot about Lugia, but only with an inverted color-scheme, if that makes sense. If its tail were smaller in size, it would've looked exactly alike, I'm sure. Before these games were released, I've heard a theory that it was actually some mutated clone of Lugia, which, to me, sounded quite intriguing. To be honest, this Pokémon is the only reason (or, at least one, major) why I'd gotten myself Y version.

Xerneas is amazing, too, and I love how its horns light up whenever it gets itself into some battle.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Both really!I love Norse mythology and everything inspired from it gets an A+.
    Xerneas is majestic(imagine it in a forest near a lake)while Yveltal is the frightening one(imagine it flying above you during the night)

Years
  • Xerneas gets my vote personally. That rainbow deer really gives off a rad looking vibe to me. While Yveltal is cool also, I like Xerneas' usability more too, considering it has a cooler set of moves, including Geomancy, Close Combat, Megahorn, Outrage, and more where that came from. And the Yggdrasil theme is a neat one to base something off of.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Xerneas, I really do like deer Pokemon and the fact that it's the Life Pokemon is pretty cool. Its two forms are pretty interesting, too, even if they are completely useless. I also think Yveltal looks a little... awkward. I can't really put my finger on why, though. It might be its tail - seems a bit too long to just be able to stay up like that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Xerneas better than Yveltal. It looks just so majestic and its Active Mode looks so beautiful. Geomancy can be deadly in the right hands, but I chose to have my Xerneas forgo it, since it can be risky.

Years
  • Whoaaa, is Xerneas really that far ahead?!

But yeah, I prefer Xerneas too. Have always liked the life-bringing Pokemon above destroyers like Yveltal regardless of how awesome it is. Plus it's half fairy which makes it all the better given how big a fairy type I am! Xerneas has never let me down. :')

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I like Xerneas 100 times more, but I play Y because I gave my brother X (thinking he'd enjoy Xerneas more). He barely plays Pokemon... so yeah, kind of a waste lol. Still, Yveltyl isn't completely bad once you see him in game more.

Back