• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've devised a new kind of grass moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadolance

Dragon Master
Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Okay, I have a newer and more effective version of the sub-seed moveset. It works best with fast pokemon, but any high Sp. Att will do. Sceptile, Venusaur, and Tropius are PERFECT for this:
    Hold: Leftovers/sitrus berry/ shell bell/ anything that restores HP
    Stats: High Sp. Att & speed
    Moves:
    -Giga drain (+STAB)
    -Toxic
    -Leech seed
    -Pursuit/speed based attack

The strategy is:
    Use toxic first thing.
    Leech seed
    Pound on Giga drain (NOTE-try to use PP UPs on this move!!!)
    If opponent is smart, use last move at disposal, though not truely necessary.

Shadolance

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Now for a full-dragon team...

Okay, this is the perfect Uber dragon team
    Dragonite@ dragon fang/ draco plate
    -draco meteor/ dragon rush/ dragon claw
    -thunderpunch/ thnder wave
    -Mega punch
    -Fire Blast/flamethrower/earthquake

Good as an attacker, but don't let it get hit:)

Garchomp@ Leftovers
    -Dragon claw/Dragon rush (main Move)
    -Earthquake (STAB Move)
    -Fire punch/fang
    -any status move (BEST=Toxic

Needs leftovers due to low HP.

Flygon@ Shell bell(NOT LEFTOVERS!!!)
    -Earthquake/Earth power
    -Dragon claw/ dragon breath
    -Toxic
    -Roost

Low on Hp for roost. Toxic is annoying. Use shell bell instead of leftovers because it is based on damage done. Finally, pick either SP.Att or Att.
    Then base your moves form there.

Partial credit to serebii .net for base ideas. However, i edited them a bit.

Shadolance

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Yes, i suppose you could, but the last move is an essential backup strategy move. I'd say that if it has tons of HP, then don't bother with substitute. If it has low HP, then i suppose that's a good idea. Credit to you for that idea.

sorry, I forgot to say this is a battle frontier team. It's based around speedy attacks. From fastest/weakest to slowest/strongest, here:
    Flygon
    Dragonite (though in some cases it might be switched w/ flygon)
    Garchomp (but only on regular Att.)

wats shoddy? i really dont know wat that is.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    1. Sub seeding is still more effective as it avoids status and you arent walled by anything steel as you get 2 slots for coverage.
    2. How on earth does Garchomp have low health ? That and Toxic is pointless on non choice scarf sets because Garchomp can shred through everything in the game with its Choice Band and Swords Dance Yache sets.
    3. "lol Mega Punch Nite" that and its outclassed by Mence and type boosting plates/items are bad/inferior in 99% of all cases.
    4. Shell Bell sucks and is inferior to Leftovers.

Either way this isnt a team (random sets for 4 pokemon at most and no evs and natures =/= a team as it doesn't fit our standards) so i dont see what its accomplishing. Read the stickies too please.

After you have read our stickies and want to make it competitive and make it meet our standards, pm a mod to unlock it.

~Locked~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back