• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Operation T.R.E.H.O.W.S.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Operation T.R.E.H.O.W.S.
    What is this?

Operation T.R.E.H.O.W.S.

T. ogether
    R. egulars
    E. nlist
    H. elp
    O. ut
    W. ith
    S. uccess

A quick outline. Another exciting event for the new Treehouse; Operation T.R.E.H.O.W.S. is an ongoing event that will last for the foreseeable future or until another event comes up. The point of this event is to mold The Treehouse into an even more fun and exciting place. Each person that signs up to participate in this event will start with a balance of 0 points. At the end of each week we'll give you points based on certain criteria explained below. With these points you'll be able to "purchase" emblems or possibly some other things if you already have all the emblems or don't want them.

What do we want? Why are we doing this?

To put it simply, each thread is now going to be a mini DCC, but with whatever that topic is about being the prime point of focus, and discussions and chats being generated on, about, or in reference to that topic. You've had a small taste of this the past month or so, but now it's for real. No more main DCC. Though a lot of conversation did take place in it, it stole away from a lot of activity in other threads and sometimes other sections. We've also begun to revert back to a post and go format which we don't want. So one example, imagine that the treehouse is a mansion. This mansion is filled with many different rooms and each room is home to a different conversation. While some conversations may drift and stray slightly from the topic at hand - as a conversation inevitably will, it will always still be somewhat related to and be able to be brought back to the main topic of the room. This is what we want. Each thread is its own room and has its own conversation. Whether this conversation is done with words, images, videos etc is up to you.

And if you really need an example of a conversation....

Spoiler:

What is this thread for?

In this thread you will be allowed to sign up for this operation and keep track of your points. Let me make it clear that your first post in this thread should be used to keep track of your points. From now on, this will be the only accepted 'post-n-go' thread. Do not treat this as a DCC. It is not a DCC and the posts you make in this thread do not count towards your points. The only posts that should be made in this thread are 1) claiming prizes/keeping track of points 2) listing any vm conversations you want to count towards your points and 3) suggestions and/or questions.

Each week you'll be given the ability to accumulate points based on your activity and how well you follow the guidelines we have laid out for you. We'll keep track of each participant's activity and at the end of the week we'll give each person who has signed up a bonus of between 1 and 5 points on top of what they've already earned through the week. The ways you can earn points are as follows.

Every 5 posts - 1 point
    Every 1 thread - 1 point
    Every 10 Visitor Messages Received - 1 point
    Every 100 posts gives an additional 5 points
    Every 5 threads also gives an additional 5 points
    Every 100 Visitor Messages Received gives an additional 5 points

So after you get 100 posts you'd be sitting at 25 points if all you do is make posts, 200 would be 50 points and so on. If you make 10 threads but never post then you'll be at 15 points, then at 20 threads you'll be at 30 points and so on. Now as for visitor messages, any visitor message from anyone after the start of this event counts regardless of if it's part of an ongoing conversation or not. Just post the link to the conversation in this thread and remember that you only get points for receiving VMs, not sending them.

What do you get?

Each reward is bought using points. When you use your points, you spend them. They go away and you have to earn them back. With that being said, you don't have to buy the rewards in order. If you want to save up points to buy Numbuh 1 but don't want to buy any of the others then you can do that. But once you buy Numbuh 1 you go back to 0 points. There are a few hidden achievements that you'll receive once you meet the criteria for them, however you won't know exactly what those criteria are until you've got the emblem for meeting them. If you trade in points for a request (sig, art etc.) and it ends up that the person can't finish it for whatever reason, then you will be refunded those points. Have fun collecting!

Numbuh 5 - 10 points

Numbuh 4 - 20 points

Numbuh 3 - 35 points

Numbuh 2 - 50 points

Numbuh 1 - 100 points

Secret 1 - 200 points

Secret 2 - 200 points

Secret 3 - 200 points

Secret Achievement 1 - Given for accumulating 250 points.

Secret Achievement 2 - Given for buying all the Numbuh emblems.

Secret Achievement 3 - Given for accumulating 500 points.

Made to Order Signatures - 200 points

Next Supporter Rank (up to Gold Tier) - 750 points

Crystal Supporter Rank (cannot jump straight to this one, must go through next rank up first if below Gold Tier) - 1000 points

If you would like to offer your services and make art, signatures, templates or other such things just vm or pm one of the mods of The Treehouse and we'll figure out how to add you in.

And a final note, don't feel rushed to get all the points as fast as you can. This will be around for a good while and if it does disappear it will come back and you can continue from where you left off. Take your time, don't wear yourselves out and above all else just have fun with it and with us as we work and play together. :)

Participants
    Chase - 0 pts
    Larry - 0 pts
    Sonata - 0 pts
    CSS courtesy of Karma

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It happens. Feedback would be appreciated though. What didn't you like about it, was it just too tedious or was it just disinteresting as a whole? What is something that you would like to see around here as far as events and such goes?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

It happens. Feedback would be appreciated though. What didn't you like about it, was it just too tedious or was it just disinteresting as a whole? What is something that you would like to see around here as far as events and such goes?

I feel like maybe we as mods could have advertised it more maybe idk? I think we just kinda stuck it up there and forgot about it ourselves :[

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It happens. Feedback would be appreciated though. What didn't you like about it, was it just too tedious or was it just disinteresting as a whole? What is something that you would like to see around here as far as events and such goes?

it wasn't a bad idea just boring
    plus i think big posting events are unneeded for this section rn considering how hyperactive the place is already, it would have been tedious to try factor points into it all and what not

it was also paired up with motm & potw and just too much was happening on the stickied list
    only potw has gotten any continued interest from people here anyway

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    lord knows there's already enough prizes thrown around for every little thing on the forum
    i don't think Bigger & Better prizes is the right way to go for next time either

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    To be honest the only reason I didn't bother with this when I first read it was because the post to points ratio seemed to large. I don't know how long you planned on running the event for but it would take like 4000+ posts for a user to reach the 1000 point prize, which requires a lot more time than I could really invest in such an event.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • If there was an incentive for quality as opposed (or even in addition to) to purely quantity this might have been a good idea, I think. I know I'd post quite a bit more if the forum had slightly more edifying discussion.

If you want this to be a forum where people throw gifs and tedious one liners around non-stop then it's a great idea though lowering the boundaries for some of the rewards might prove to motivate those people a bit more. I'm not really sure why General Chat would reward people for receiving VMs as well. If there was significant weight given to interesting (not necessarily serious!) topics, I think a fair few people might be motivated by that.

tl;dr mechanics I'd suggest which might encourage and reward some quality if you were to re-do this:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • To be honest the only reason I didn't bother with this when I first read it was because the post to points ratio seemed to large. I don't know how long you planned on running the event for but it would take like 4000+ posts for a user to reach the 1000 point prize, which requires a lot more time than I could really invest in such an event.

This was a big reason for me and also incentives which if we had better ones than emblems then maybe it would have been bigger honestly i might have even joined if i hadnt looked at it a day before god said that.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    In my case, I dislike these events because I hate being pressured to post. It's a chore just to get trivial points and it's all for the sake of activity - forced activity.

And even if I don't join them, a bunch of others do, and you can tell they're only posting for the sake of posting. You can't exactly get members to engage into conversations with this because they're not necessarily even interested in doing that for anything but prizes. It all ends up completely artificial.

I don't think users should be pressured into posting for the sake of it. This section doesn't need that, and if anything, would be worse for it. I dislike the current state of Pokemon Gaming Central because of a similar posting event. Loads of people just post and go, often making bad, uninteresting comments, honestly.

I just don't see the point.

Last edited:

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I don't like posting events. And the point goals here were too high for me.

Though that may be because I post like literally never.

We don't need incentives to post.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    wellll yeah of course the members don't need any incentive to post -- but you can't toss out the idea on those terms alone. you wouldn't see any company choose not to maximize their gains through advertising simply because they already had stabalized profits lol. it's about stretching our potential yknow? fact is this place has both the personality and activity for a very busy and fun environment, but for whatever reason that hasn't come into fruition. events like this can be great for sorta backing up a forums margins, if you do it right. I know you want for a wild, lively place to post but getting to that point requires more than force feeding it to us.

Last edited:

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • I'm not interested in post-count events and incentives. That's all it is for me. I don't post nearly frequently enough to be eligible for any of the rewards, and I don't want to force myself to make shit(tier than normal) posts just to reach a number. Even if I did, I still wouldn't really care for the incentives. They're not the reason I'm posting in the first place. I post on a thread when I think the topic or comments are interesting and I have something to add.

Still, though, I don't think this was a wasted effort. You threw it out there, and still learned something from it. From what I can gather, it seems the people who weren't entirely against the idea said the post/thread creation count was too high for the rewards. I think this might have been a little too ambitious to start with, so maybe scale it back somehow.

Back