• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your social security number?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Okay here's my SSI:

Spoiler:

I don't fall for anything like that. However, I did fall for something like a scam. The way our baseball mascot was carrying on, we would for sure be getting tickets. It turns out they actually choose 100 random people. It's like when you enter a trip to the Bahamas. The chances of you actually winning and being lucky are slim to none. I feel betrayed and kind of scammed for believing I was special and actually mattered to him too. :/

Years
  • When I was in the U.S. a few years ago with a friend we got approached at a bus stop by a guy requesting donations to fund an international trip for his school or something (can't remember precisely). I was immediately skeptical so checked that he had an ID of some sort, which he did. Then I asked him about the trip - apparently it was raising money to visit Australia - so I quizzed him about that to make sure he had the level of knowledge about the location I would expect for the situation to be legit. He seemed alright on that front. Then he had more information about ways to sponsor/donate to the trip which he went over and I was like "Hey, have 20 bucks". He gave me a receipt.

I'm still not sure either way if scam or not, but the level of planning and research he put into it if it was a scam was commendable. I also needed to get rid of some U.S. cash because we were near the end of the trip anyways.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I've never fallen for any scams.

I've had people cold call me and try to trick me though. They got screamed at for failing to properly identify themselves and then just cold asking me for my information. I am not nice to scammers. I will call you every name in the book and scream at you until you hang up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    000-00-0000
    V3OHQVQ.png

I was scammed once when I first got my debit card. Never been scammed since.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I haven't feel into one, but people have been trying to pull tricks on me by phone scams.

Years
  • Never really had the chance to fall for anything like that when I was younger. Never came across anything in real life that could have been a scam, and when it came to internet stuff I had it impressed upon me to never ever fill out anything without my parents knowing (and being how I am...yeah, I listened, because I was afraid of what would happen if they found out if I did, lol).

And then by the time I grew up I was a lot more suspicious and already knew a lot of the common scams anyway. Kinda surprised I haven't gotten a phone scam yet, but I wouldn't answer my phone for it anyway so. :') A bit pointless.

Guest123_x1

One scam that I almost fell for in recent memory was when a friend of mine invited me to an "demonstration" of MonaVie, a "health" juice that she was selling. There were problems with arranging the demonstration, which ultimately ended up at our house. My mom was really mad about this, and told me afterwards not to let that kind of thing happen again. What really ticked her (and me) off was that this friend brought some other woman that I didn't know about with her to "help" with the "demonstration" (which was a slick way to try and rope me into a juice-selling scheme.)

Back