• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The X-Mon: An OU Team

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Protect is kinda eh on Bisharp. I'd use Pursuit over it because you have utility in catching fleeing Ghosts/Psychics.

Max Speed > max HP on Talonflame, as with this, it outspeeds +Speed base 110s, which have become somewhat widespread thanks to the OR/AS Megas. Special mention goes to Mega Metagross because it would outspeed your current Talonflame spread and KO with Zen Headbutt if Talonflame goes for Flare Blitz; also, it resists Brave Bird.

Gardevoir is only good in its Mega form, really, as Pixilated Hyper Voices hurt. If you want a Fairy wall breaker, use Azumarill or Sylveon:

Azumarill:
    -Waterfall
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Superpower/Knock Off
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 228 HP/252 Atk/28 Spe (Choice Band) or 16 HP/252 Atk/240 SDef
    Item: Choice Band/Assault Vest
    Ability: Huge Power

or
    -Belly Drum
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Waterfall/Superpower
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/164 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Huge Power

Sylveon:
    -Hyper Voice
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)/Baton Pass
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 244 HP/252 SAtk/12 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Pixilate

Honestly, I'd rather have Greninja use Hydro Pump over Scald simply because it doesn't have the bulk to rely on Scald's burn chance.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Max Speed > max HP on Talonflame, as with this, it outspeeds +Speed base 110s, which have become somewhat widespread thanks to the OR/AS Megas. Special mention goes to Mega Metagross because it would outspeed your current Talonflame spread and KO with Zen Headbutt if Talonflame goes for Flare Blitz; also, it resists Brave Bird.

Bulk Up Talonflame is an HP investment option. It doesn't worry about Mega Metagross due to Will-o-Wisp and Roost. Just saying.

Slyveon appeals more due to it's special orientation - is there a different item to Specs for that set? Or just specs? I'm not overly keen on locking into one move, regardless of power increase

You might be able to swap Shadow Ball with Calm Mind and give it Leftovers, but idk how viable that would actually be. Specs is generally the preferred item for an offensive Sylveon set because max investment Specs Pixilated Hyper Voices rip most things that don't resist it/isn't super bulky to shreds.

Years
  • Assault vest or lefties are options for sylveon as well.

Also for greninja, it kinda doesn't really need water coverage because with gunk shot, low kick, hp fire/extra sensory/dark pulse, and ice beam/extra sensory/dark pulse/hp fire/whatever, it gains pretty scary coverage. I wanna say Low kick OHKOs bisharp, but it definitely OHKOs all variants of tyranitar while hydro pump 2KHOs. Meanwhile, tyranitar can proceed to set up a DDance and OHKO back with stone edge. Also low kick is greninja's hardest hitting move against specially defensive empoleon. I'm not sure how much damage hydro pump does to assault vest variants of tyranitar since I'm on my phone and I can't do calcs, but, low kick is the best choice. Also, hp fire nails scizor and ferrothorn. Extra sensory is for mega venusaur/poison types in general. Ice beam or dark pulse is for the lati twins and just coverage in general. So yeah, greninja doesn't really need water coverage at all really. In fact, now with his 2 new moves, he can choose to go pure physical set.
    Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Bulk Up Talonflame is an HP investment option. It doesn't worry about Mega Metagross due to Will-o-Wisp and Roost. Just saying.
    True, but that's only for Bulk Up/stallbreaker Talonflame. Offensive variants just use max Attack/max Speed.

Assault vest or lefties are options for sylveon as well.

Also for greninja, it kinda doesn't really need water coverage because with gunk shot, low kick, hp fire/extra sensory/dark pulse, and ice beam/extra sensory/dark pulse/hp fire/whatever, it gains pretty scary coverage. I wanna say Low kick OHKOs bisharp, but it definitely OHKOs all variants of tyranitar while hydro pump 2KHOs. Meanwhile, tyranitar can proceed to set up a DDance and OHKO back with stone edge. Also low kick is greninja's hardest hitting move against specially defensive empoleon. I'm not sure how much damage hydro pump does to assault vest variants of tyranitar since I'm on my phone and I can't do calcs, but, low kick is the best choice. Also, hp fire nails scizor and ferrothorn. Extra sensory is for mega venusaur/poison types in general. Ice beam or dark pulse is for the lati twins and just coverage in general. So yeah, greninja doesn't really need water coverage at all really. In fact, now with his 2 new moves, he can choose to go pure physical set.
    Spoiler:
    Just because Greninja gained Gunk Shot and Low Kick as viable physical options doesn't mean that it should run full physical sets now. Its Attack is still rather subpar, and its special moves still have better coverage. It's also fast enough not to rely on Water Shuriken, plus that attack is unreliable and weak.

Years
  • Just because Greninja gained Gunk Shot and Low Kick as viable physical options doesn't mean that it should run full physical sets now. Its Attack is still rather subpar, and its special moves still have better coverage. It's also fast enough not to rely on Water Shuriken, plus that attack is unreliable and weak.

I mean that's true, I just wanted to see how a full physical set would work. Seems like it didn't work out too well according to the OP. But who knows. Maybe a BP user such as scolipede could work. Anyways, maybe they'll buff his attack stay in some future gen. For now, his mixed set seems best.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    lol replace shadow sneak on m-gallade with knock off and close combat with drain punch. you're not even running sd so both moves are piss weak, i'd go as far as to recommend sd + sub gallade to you. you already have knock off bisharp as a standard partner so ya, try it. *sd + 3 attacks gallade works fine too

[insert sprite here]
    gallade @ galladite
    ability: justified -> inner focus
    evs: 252 atk / 4 def / 252 speed
    jolly nature
    -swords dance
    -close combat/drain punch
    -zen headbutt or psycho cut/ice punch
    -substitute

taunt can be used over sub but with that, dont opt for drain punch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    well i guess drain punch could work with swords dance, but +2 cc just overwhelms a ton of ****. it's not like gallade has the greatest bulk anyway, but eh... it's rly up to you tbh, can't persuade you if you don't want to.

shadow sneak is rly quite unnecessary because you have revenge killers (gren, talon) and two forms of priority (sharp, talon) to clean up weakened mons. i'd go for sd + standard stabs + ice punch to prevent defensive land-t from stopping your sweep.

40 atk gren has become the standard for ohko'ing most bulky azumarill. detract from special attack, not speed.

otherwise cool team, just change the talon spread as suggested.

Back