• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hmm?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • I need help for my team! I'm in Opelucid City already (I'm playing White) and about to face the gym. This is my team.

503.png

Rash
    - Waterfall
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Tail
    - Megahorn

553.png

Timid/ Moxie
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Bulk Up
    - Crunch

586.png

Mild/ Chlorophyll
    - Horn Leech
    - Swords Dance
    - Return
    - Jump Kick

579.png

Hardy/ Magic Guard
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Focus Blast

609.png

Quirky/ Flash Fire
    - Hex
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Flamethrower
    - Shadow Ball

I need another Pokemon! Any suggestions? And I'm willing to replace any TM move there with any TM move. I have a complete TM set in my black. Thanks!

GGJ

Roaming & Learning
    Years
  • Braviary is a very good choice for a strong offensive flying type, Swadloon is a tank that can take a hit and usually with some boosts deliver some strong counter attacks.

I would really choose out of those two to be honest.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Braviary? I think I will not be needing a flying-type for my team. But, if ever, what moveset shall I use for Braviary?

- Brave Bird/ Sky Drop
    - Rock Slide
    - U-turn
    - Shadow Claw

Is this okay?

I'm open for more suggestions.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Braviary is better with this set:
    -Brave Bird/Fly
    -Return/Crush Claw (latter if you're using Sheer Force as an ability)
    -Superpower
    -Shadow Claw/Rock Slide (latter if you're using Sheer Force as an ability)
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (if you take EVs into account)

For Samurott, since you're using a Rash nature (+Special Attack, -Special Defense), how about this?:
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam/Blizzard
    -Grass Knot
    -Megahorn

miltankRancher

Years
  • Can I use Waterfall over Surf, so as not to waste the Protein I fed Samurott?

And do I have other choice aside from Braviary? Or is he the best choice for the team? Thanks!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Can I use Waterfall over Surf, so as not to waste the Protein I fed Samurott?

And do I have other choice aside from Braviary? Or is he the best choice for the team? Thanks!

One protein won't really make a difference (other than in ev training and it really doesn't cost that much) so you could always go to Windswept Sky in the Dream World and get a Kelpsy Berry (aka the berry that reduces attack evs) if you're concerned about ev training. However, you'd be better off just using Surf for the added power that you get from the +spa nature and the actual base stats of spa being higher.

Also if you don't want to use Braviary, you could always try something like Haxorus that hits hard and is fast straight off? :x Just ev it in speed and attack and it should be able to outspeed most of the dragons at the gym for super effective attacks (because trainers in-game don't ev train!)

Back