• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Berry Fields

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Ah, the Berry Field. A barren patch of land given to you on Route 7 in XY. Do you make use of these Berry Fields, and for what purpose? Competitive battles, simple pastime, or do you itch for those super rare mutations? Do you make your own mulch?

I'm curious if anyone puts a lot of effort into the Berry Fields, as I haven't seen them talked about hardly at all since the games released.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Ah, the Berry Field. A barren patch of land given to you on Route 7 in XY. Do you make use of these Berry Fields, and for what purpose? Competitive battles, simple pastime, or do you itch for those super rare mutations? Do you make your own mulch?

I'm curious if anyone puts a lot of effort into the Berry Fields, as I haven't seen them talked about hardly at all since the games released.
    I use them on occasion. Though, by "on occasion" I guess I mean almost never. It isn't exactly the most fun or interesting part of the game. I mean...all you do is press 'A' to plant a berry...press 'A' to water it..etc. I only use it when I only have one of a certain type of berry and I need more of them.

You won't really see anyone who's gonna talk about the berries they planted, because the rewards for it compared to doing something like breeding aren't very useful.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I often make use of the berry fields to harvest the ones found from horde battles and produce more rare types such as Lansat, Enigma and Starf. Some of the berries are useful for pokemon training such as blending a rare soda drink for easy level ups, increasing pokemon happiness quickly, and also remove ev points assigned to the wrong stats. However, I rarely use them for battles since there are a lot of better items to enhance my pokemon team.

Years
  • I use them to grow Leppa berries, it helps a lot when I'm out training. Saves a lot of trips to the Pokemon centre as PP gets whittled down fast :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I use them to grow Leppa berries, it helps a lot when I'm out training. Saves a lot of trips to the Pokemon centre as PP gets whittled down fast :)
    Wait, I just read what the Leppa Berry does. I wish I had have known about this earlier! Never mind what I said before, this game should become Berry Farming Simulator!
    Seriously though, I need to get me some Leppa Berries!

Years
  • I loved the berry fields, I never bothered with mulches though cause I never really understood them lol :) I filled my entire patch with Chesto Berries so I could give them to my Dewgong (to wake it up from Rest), which looked so pretty when they were all in bloom :) I got a little too taken with leaving them there just to look at them every so often though because they all withered and I had to plant them again - needless to say I didn't make that mistake again lol xD

Still it's fun giving yourself a mission where you need loads of berries, such as Leppa which Shivvers mentioned or Persim cause it can cure confusion which is annoying as apart from Full Heals you can't buy specific cures for it (like Antidote for Poison etc) :)

Years
  • Another good thing to use them for are berries such as Grepa and Tomato berries, which raise happiness but lower a given EV. They're great for all types of players; for competitive players who messed up their EVs a little (I know shinies in hordes can do this!) but don't want to reset them all the way, and normal players who have something like Riolu or Azurill who just want to get their happiness up faster to evolve :)

Years
  • The only time i've seriously used the Berry Fields were in a Pokémon Center restrictions Wedlocke I did back in the fall, to farm Leppa Berries (which often didn't mean much given how many healing spots there are in the game). In my challenges where I don't use healing items, I never really bothered. I have used the mixer to fuse and create EV reducing berries a couple times, though.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I use the Berry Field sometimes. I'm not a crazy berry farmer, but it's certainly useful. It's definitely the best version of berry cultivating in the games yet, since you get a lot of space and it's all in one location.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I had always wanted a large patch of land for easily growing berries as a post-story mode option, with during-story mode only have the smaller patches amidst routes. Berry Fields turned out to be even more convenient, being providing since the beginning. ^^ I compulsively checked my garden every day before playing story mode, mutating and collecting as many EV/pinch berries as I could.

I used mulches for new berries I collected, as an investment so that I could plant as many multiples of the new berry on the following day. I used the surplus berries from the berry mutation steps for the mulches. I was not sure which mulches were the most efficient to use though, and I still don't. ^ ^;

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I use them to grow Leppa berries, it helps a lot when I'm out training. Saves a lot of trips to the Pokemon centre as PP gets whittled down fast :)

Yes, that's why I really appreciate the berry patches! You can't buy Elixirs and Ethers anywhere (I think) so it's always handy to have Leppa Berries. We can't rely on those slow growing trees to provide us with enough berries, that's why it's nice to have all of those patches in one convenient place :P

With that in mind, I don't really use the patches that often. Generally the only time I use them is when I'm passing through the area and remember that I have berries growing... But there are a lot of berries that can be grown all at once, so even if you don't use the patches that often you can still gather a lot of berries.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I used the Berry Field once out of curiosity, and I find out that sometimes handling it is quite a task, especially when I was dealing with any Bug Pokémon. But I find it to be a bit alright, because I make a new kind of berry (via mutation) on my first try.

Years
  • I use the Berry fields to grow Berries that are useful in online battles (Lum, Yache, Chople etc.) and mutations for reducing EVs. In some situations it saves a lot of time to reduce EVs on a stat using a berry rather than having to use a Reset Bag if you aren't satisfied with the EV spread of your mon

I only grow berries on one out of the three field rows available, since I only check the berry fields whenever I'm breeding for online mons

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I use it to super multiply those berries that restore PP, I don't remember it's name. But it's for chaining. Pretty useful.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's a great addition, but I've never put much time nor effort into it, sadly. Though, I'm sure there are many people out there who find it interesting and useful, and love it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Once in a while I pick something I have very few of and grow a batch.

However, I tend to not use them frequently as I hate the feeling of having to stick around to take care of the weeds/Pokémon plaguing my crop. If there were fewer of these such that I could go do stuff for a while, I would be happier to do it. It's easy, however, to get to 99 of a Berry quickly, too; you have 36 fields, and after growing one batch of a Berry for a few, you can spread out each one to its own row and then expand the rows for the ones you want a lot of.

My initial goal was getting the mutations, so I didn't really use the above idea. Once I had my Kee and Maranga Berries (about three or four), I planted them in exclusive rows and didn't do anything else for a few days and made sure I got a good crop of those Berries. Then I planted them again and repeated the chore. My last job was Enigma Berries, which are among my most common now.

I've been taking a breeding break lately, but even when breeding I could hang around there and grow Berries. I should find my EV-reducing Berries and grow crops of them again. I have a couple of breeds in mind.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    I use them a lot its easier to grow the ev reducing berries than to look for the white reset bags so i use those berries to max happiness and reset EV's and also grow leppa berries

Back