• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which did you choose?

Which did you Choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    Hands down Platinum cuz I'm still playing it right now! And the ability to catch all three at end is nothing short of a big reward!

Years
  • My first fourth generation game was Pearl! I was too excited to wait for the English release months down the road so I ended up importing a Japanese copy of Pearl for.. quite the hefty price. Played it obsessively for a while and even discovered the Elite Four Shaymin glitch that was fixed in later copies lol.

Then when the games were out in the US I bought Diamond and poured lots of hours into it once again, this time playing more seriously since I could finally understand what they were all saying. :D Platinum didn't excite me as much (understandable given how I'd already played D/P like crazy lmao) but I still bought that and played it, though sadly not actively.

Overall I think Platinum is the best for the Distortion World and overall story. Giratina is just terrifying.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Between Diamond and Pearl, I preferred Diamond. Mostly for the fact that I just love Dialga. It was also the very first game that I played on my DS lite that I had gotten. I also of course got Platinum. Now that was an amazing game. I loved it more than I had loved my Diamond. xD

Years
  • I went with Diamond first. Dialga is my favorite Sinnoh legendary, so I chose the box with him on it haha. I eventually got Pearl when I finished Diamond to give it a go. Then I got Platinum just to have all three haha. Diamond was my favorite though. I have a lot of memories with that play through. It was fun, and when I caught Dialga for the first time I went nuts.

Platinum had a better storyline though, with Girantina and Distortion World stuff. That was awesome.

Years
  • I have all three, but Pearl was the first one I played (simply because I think Dialga looks ridiculous); I did get Diamond and Pearl at the same time, though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    This is probably the only generation which I bought both Pokemon games on release day. My favorite legendary of all 3 games besides Darkrai, was Dialga. This is one of the cooler looking legendaries, and imo it's stronger than Palkia. I also think that the Steel/Dragon type of the Pokemon gives it an edge over Palkia. I felt that Gen. 4 is the generation that introduced the most new legendary and pseudo-legendary Pokemon in all of the series. Darkrai is by far my favorite out of Gen. 4. He's such a creepy Pokemon and is wicked powerful as well. Also, he's badass in the anime.

HawksFan97

I'm Still Alive!
    Years
  • I started searching for Platinum in 2012 after hearing good things about it, didn't realize it was a rare find until I bought Diamond at PAX East this past year, so started to search again. Dear god I got in the luckiest way, as someone was trading it in the day I WALKED into the store.

To be on track on what we're speaking of, Platinum is way the heck better story-wise and overall then D&P. No questions asked. It's a great game that has not as many problems as I found in D&P...

Well worth the $34 I bought it with ;)

Back