• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokeRap & Other Songs.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • This was an American made singalong of the first 151 Pokémon. I believe Johto had one at one point, too, but after G/S, the Pokeraps stopped, as did Pikachu's Jukebox. Now, the Juekbox was a few songs featured after the episode had ended, these songs were:

My Best Friends
    What Kind of Pokemon are you?
    Together Forever
    2BA Master
    Viridian City
    Double Trouble.

This was replaced in Johto with different songs. These songs were:

You & Me & Pokémon
    Pikachu I Choose You
    Song of Jigglypuff
    All We Wanna Do
    Perfect Girls.

Segments stopped completely after Johto for some reason.

What was your favorite song in the English dub's ending segments? Why?
    Would you like to see these return in future dubs?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • My favourite Pikachu's Jukebox song is either Together Forever, Viridian City or Double Trouble. I like all the songs from Karaokemon, I can't decide on a favourite.

Since they brought back Who's That Pokemon? in Black and White, I expected they would bring back ending segments as well. However, I'm kinda glad they didn't because I don't think many the TPCI dub songs are as good as the ones from the 4Kids dub in my opinion.

You also hear songs during the actual episodes such as The Time Has Come from Pikachu's Goodbye, Pokemon (Dance Mix) from Misty Meets Her Match and Never Too Far From Home (which is on the Totally Pokemon album along with Pokemon Johto, Pokerap GS and the Karaokemon songs) from Houndoom's Special Delivery. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the dub had used insert songs in the episodes since Battle Frontier (the last insert song I remember is Stay Together from Time Warp Heals All Wounds). Although, that's probably because I stopped watching the dub after DP.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Double Trouble was my favorite of the after-episode songs. It was stuck in my head for a while after I first heard it, especially the "Team Rocket's rocket" part. It was the most well done and had a dramatic feeling whereas the others were lighter hearted. The Karoakemon songs were good but I felt they should have just made more Pikachu's Jukebox songs.

Guest123_x1

Each of the Original Series' Pikachu's Jukebox selections are good. It's hard for me to pick a single favorite, but I really like "Viridian City", "Together Forever", and "Double Trouble". The first one sounds like something you'd play while on the road, the second gives off a sentimental feeling, and the last one I listed is particularly memorable when showing clips of Team Rocket taking Ash's Pikachu (while the appropriate lines are sung.)

Back