• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Sunny Team

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
Years
  • I'm a fan of weather teams. I've ran Sandstorm, Rain, and even Hail teams before, but Sun always seemed like the least effective of the lot. Gen 5 fixed that with Ninetales. Read and rate! :D

Ninetales: The Sun Summoner
    38.png

Ability: Drought
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA/ 20 SpD / 108 Spe
    Nature: Modest (+SpA; -Atk)
    Item: Leftovers
    - Sunny Day
    - Flamethrower
    - Solarbeam
    - Will-O-Wisp
    Ninetales provides my team with the ever-important sun. While you might think it's a bit counter-intuitive to have Sunny Day when his ability does the job for him, the idea is to lure out a Pokemon like Tyranitar or Abomasnow who'll change the weather, then use a Sunny Day, forcing the opponent to either switch out or take a Solarbeam.

Forretress: The revolving Orb
    205.png

Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def; -Spe)
    Item: Shed Shell
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Spikes
    Entry hazards are a must, and Forretress is my solution both to the presence on my field and the absence on my enemy's. Also, Earthquake hurts any Fire-types who might take advantage of Forretress' type plus the boost from the weather.

Infernape: Sun-Tsu's Ape of War
    395.png

Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Naive (+Spe; -SpD)
    Item: Life Orb
    - Close Combat
    - U-Turn
    - Overheat
    - Solarbeam
    I really like mixed sweepers, and Infernape is one of the best. While I normally avoid Close Combat and Overheat due to their punishing stat drops, U-Turn allows me to switch out if my stats are taking too great a hit.

Chansey: The Nurse with a Sunny Disposition
    113.png

Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Nature: Bold (+Def; -Atk)
    Item: Eviolite
    - Wish
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    Chansey adds Wish support, which keeps the rest of the team alive (hopefully). Toxic and Protect are merely stall tactics, and Seismic Toss is for the unfortunate event that Chansey gets Taunted.

Venusaur: The Powerful Plant
    3.png

Ability: Chlorophyl
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Lonely (+Atk; -Defense)
    Item: Black Sludge
    - Growth
    - Solarbeam
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power Fire
    Another mixed sweeper; this one might come as a bit of a surprise to my opponent. Earthquake is almost specifically to deal with Tentacruel, who could not only Rapid Spin my entry Hazards away, but also set some up as well. However, it'll also come in handy when dealing with enemy Fire-types trying to take advantage both of the weather and Venusaur's typing.

Shiftry: Out of the shade, but still shady
    275.png

Ability: Chlorophyl
    EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Naive (+Spe; -SpD)
    Item: King's Rock
    - Growth
    - Dark Pulse
    - Solarbeam
    - Low Kick
    After a Growth or two, Shiftry has some good power. Hopefully, with the speed boost from Chlorophyl, he can move first, using Dark Pulse to flinch out the foe. Low Kick is to teach Tyranitar or Abomasnow, who might try to change the weather, a lesson.

Back