• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Mystery Dungeon Partner! =D

Nakala Pri

Out of the dozens you can have, which one did you choose? =D And which one was your favourite?

-------------

I'm only played Gates to Infinity and I've had two files. I was a Pikachu with an Oshawott the first time (Oshawott was pretty rad!) and a Tepig with a Pikachu on the second.

Pikachu was my favourite because he was so cute and so invaluable. I called him Nathan and as soon as he learned Discharge, every single dungeon was a piece of cake. >:) Oshawott was fine but compared to the paralyzing, butt-kickin' Pikachu, there's no comparison. 8D

Years
  • Oh, nice one.

Personally, I choose the partner that would fit the story the best. So in PMD for DS you have partners that are kinda shy but brave and later confident, they want to start a rescue team and all that.
    So for PMD rescue teams I took Charmander and I believe Mudkip as my partner, and in PMDEO Darkness I was Mudkip and Pikachu was the partner.
    I think Pikachu really fits the partner position. :D

I have no idea who Im going to take on my next Sky run.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • In all of my playthroughs of both Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Sky, I had Bulbasaur as my protagonist and Charmander as my partner. Of course, this took millions of resets to accomplish, but I just wouldn't feel right playing Mystery Dungeon without these two.

When I get Gates to Infinity, I guess I'll choose Tepig as my player and Snivy as my partner. However, Bulbasaur and Charmander will always have a special place in my heart.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • In Explorers of sky I always took Shinx. He was too cute and I grew attached though I have forgotten what I named him :/ It's been about a year since I've last played the game.
    I myself was a Charmander. I think we were good partners but we did stumble in the later dungeons.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    In my last playthrough of red rescue i was a machop and my partner was a bulbasaur. I usually pick him/her as a partner cause it makes the game challenging, especially durring the runaway arc.

In my last playthrough of darkness i was a either a charmander or a turtwig, and my partner was a mudkip. I always make it a mudkip :3 #endeavorftw

In my first and only playthrough of gates i was a pikachu and my partner was a axew. Not much to say here, it's been a while since i last played.

When it comes to names i am always blue and my partner is always red, one day I'll change it up... maybe

Nakala Pri

Once I complete Pokemon Omega Ruby, I'm hitting up Gates to Infinity again. Gonna reset my epic file and be an Axew with a Snivy partner. :D

By the way, quick SOMEWHAT off-topic tip, if you need a partner with many uses, just to get by with the hard bits.

Gates to Infinity tip!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    The only Mystery Dungeon partner I remember is one from Explorers of Time. My partner was a Totodile and his name is Douglas. Compared to my other forgettable and useless partners, Douglas has helped me a lot throughout the story. It has made me liked Totodile a lot more than I used to because of that.

Years
  • Just started PMDEO Sky, I'm a Eevee named Eeva and my partner is Riolu named Rio.(His quick attack helps a lot.)Our team name is VenturMon.

In my Red Rescue game I had a charmander and a totodile partner, who's names I forgot as I lost that game.

Years
  • The file I have on Explorers of Sky right now had me picking Charmander as my partner with me as Riolu. They made for a pretty good duo, even if they were both in the same IQ group (the attackers).

And with Gates to Infinity I played as Oshawott and my partner was Tepig, although I felt maybe I should have chose Axew, that would have made things more interesting with Dual Chop and Dragon Dance I think.

Years
  • I'm fairly sure I was a Cyndaquil and my partner was a Squirtle. On my first playthrough at least. I completely forgot what I named them, though.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • PMD2: Explorers of Sky had a Female Eevee as my partner named Charm and is one of the only video game characters I have a crush on

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • PMD Red Rescue team: My Charmander and Mudkip duo were an amazing Team~ I got them once when my sister's red rescue game reset itself, but after it turned off and back on her totodile was still there. So I got an emulator and ended up with Charmander again so I remade my team. X3
    For PMD:Explorers of Darkness I played it first and had Piplup and Chikorita. Flying, Grass, and Water moves together killed almost everything. XD I have Manaphy as a permanent member too. The second playthrough was Cyndaquil and Pikachu.
    PMD Gates to Infinity: I haven't finished this one yet(got it last month on estore) and chose my characters based on this: I loved Oshawott when BW came out, so that was my starter in White. I got White Two and a Snivy figure from my parents(game) and cousin(snivy)so I chose Snivy in that one. Leaving only Tepig. So I played as Tepig, with my amazing partner Axew.

-Rilou-

Lost One Weeping
    Years
  • Blue Rescue Team - Eevee (Leader) Pikachu (Partner)
    Explorers of Time - Piplup (Leader) Chimchar (Partner) It's to act as a replay of team Pokepals.
    Explorers of Darkness- Eevee (Leader) Pikachu (Partner)
    Explorers of Sky- Riolu (Leader) Vulpix (Partner)
    Gates to Infinity: Pikachu (Leader) Axew (Partner)

I've always chosen Pikachu as my partner, except for certain exceptions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    okay so I played red and blue rescue team first I don't remember what I was first or whatever, but I know I was a Charmander at one point, another time a Pikachu, and then I think a Bulbasaur. Then for explorers of sky I looked up the answers just so I could be Vulpix lol. Vulpix was easily my favorite

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Blue/red: eevee (duh who else would i pick)
    Time/darkness: chimchar then torchic
    Gates:axew
    I WANTED THE DANG DRAGIN FINALLY!
    Anyways eevee was really wanted and im glad i got it then chimchar and torchic where random but i love them and axew was well.....lets say accident :p

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Time:
    I am a female Skitty named Echo
    Partner is a Chimchar

Magnagate
    I am an Oshawott named Echo (my wonky headcanon makes her the descendant of Time's protagonist)
    Partner is a Pikachu

And I totally ship my Time characters together XD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I can't remember them all, but I do remember my most recent partners. In Explorers of the Sky I played as Riolu choosing Shinx as my partner, probably the best duo I've used in any of that series so far!

Years
  • I went with Treeko as my partner for both Blue and Time. It was a little funny with Grovyle being a ''baddie'' for a while. Then the real story comes out! I really had no idea that was going to happen when I picked my parter as I played the game Blind. My pokemon was Torchic and the team was called Team RamenStorm cause I really love eating ramen noodles.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • I play Pokemon mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and I'm a Torchic. My partner is a Squirtle, to balance out our weaknesses. My team's name is Team Steam, because, you know, fire+water can equal steam. :19:

Back