• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What you care about matches?

pkmin3033

Well, I don't really care about any of those things. I'm generally averse to PvP modes in video games, and I don't think online modes should be required or even incorporated into games that are primarily single player experiences, because most of the time they feel like under-developed, tacked-on additions.

Although I think player skill is fairly important in PvE, particularly in games like Monster Hunter where you share lives...because obviously, if someone dies enough, it's game over.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Winning and Learning.

Winning because its fun to win games that you deserve, like those games were you are able to do your part and fulfill the win conditions. I love that feeling of gratification where I am able to execute my part in order to get to that win condition.

Learning because i get to know how I won that particular match. I get to learn more about myself and the game when i analyze and remember how did i win those matches, and in other times, how i hard carried a couple of them.

Also, posting post-game statistics. If you all know me, I like posting those games where i just do my part. Like this one:

udj2jbQ.jpg

Deathless Xin Zhao where i played with 2 of my friends (Darius and Graves). Yes my friend's Darius got more kills, but I miraculously made through the entire game, which was a 4v5 (where we were the 4 since our Syndra disconnected) without Dying, and I wasn't even aware that I haven't died. I just knew that if i gathered such a massive killstreak, if the enemy did kill me, they would get so much gold and build an entire lead out of it. But my friends made sure that I didn't die, and I made sure that my team didn't further screw up. Also, shotcalling plays and moves to my 2 friends was so euphoric because we all knew what to do.

tldr: my KDA for that game is a 26.0 KDA. 12 Kills + 14 Assists / 0 deaths = 26.0. I live for this sh*t.

Or me playing the new Taric in League of Legends and just carrying my entire team by being a good Support:
    EhuT1nu.jpg

And as a support, a role in the game where you mostly delegate your role in providing protection and support to your team's actual carries, i simply loved this. My friend who played Ezreal simply got that massive lead because I protected him, and our team for this particular round was so far ahead because the enemy team had no answer against some seriously strong Taric plays.

I could extend my love of winning and learning in other games like in First Person Shooters, but I've mostly not played any multiplayer FPS for quite a while. I've been finding ways to polish them though.

Give me Team Based multiplayer, give me time to like and grow into it, and I'll make Damn sure that I'm a good teammate and team player. I'll give you a reason to enjoy the game, and I'll make damn sure that you improve on your part. That's why i love multiplayer.

I live for the whole feeling. Winning, Learning, gaining good reputations, and most importantly, having more people to play with ;)

and I won't forget the awesome amounts of other players sometimes adding me into their own friends' list because I was such a good ally to them. I've made a couple of friends by simply being this magnificent teammate that they can all rely on.

And let me express something.

A big problem with a lot of players who play is that they often blame their teammates whenever they lose. I get it. There are times that you do lose games because there are just some allies who are bad. But there's also YOU. You also have to see if you are playing just as bad or better than those who you are blaming. That's why a lot of people start hating multiplayer because of players like them. They simply can't blame themselves. That's why they are stuck in Bronze/Silver or some any low rank in whatever game.

Then those who get blamed on for being bad. We get it. Its just a game right? But the thing is, if you are going to play multiplayer in any game, you need to also show up. You need to step up. Underperformance is okay, but not learning from your own mistakes and then flamebaiting those who are criticizing your play for being bad won't let you learn and have fun either. Its very much a given that you'll be playing with a lot of players who really want to show up and win. its also your part to make sure that these same teammates know that you are there to effin win.

Its a two way street. X has to know that he/she can screw up, Y has to know that he/she has to show up.

Being a former professional player, and having worked for a team before has thought me about how I value multiplayer. Holy balls, people with former competitive or even professional experience should probably relate to how it is.. playing solo queue as a JOB, for 7-8 HOURS! OH MY GOD! Its a dream right? Well, heck yeah or heck no. it depends on how strong you are. How willing you are to play that many matches in a single day just to practice when its time to play in-stage. And believe me, playing solo queue at home or at the gaming facility is much more comfortable than playing on stage X_x.

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • The biggest thing that I care about is not being the reason the team failed in an online game.

One of the first High Rank online quests that I did in MH4U ended up with me carting three times and causing the quest to fail. This caused me to finish the campaign mode, make better armour and weapons, and then continue with Online. Unfortunately, I'm the one now who has to kill a monster before the random dude who joined (clearly carried to his rank by other people) dies 3 times and causes the quest to fail.

Also, speaking of League of Legends, nobody wants to be the person that fed the enemy 9 kills because the enemy was too good for them. Especially when the champion you picked is supposed to 'counter' the enemy's...

But since we're bragging about perfect games, here's to me carrying as Sejuani http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/127262054/200496145?tab=overview
    In the game before that, I was 16/9/36, also as Sejuani. Haven't played her since though cause I'm too scared of sucking at her again XD

Last edited:

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • People who lock you into infinite combos because of broken moves. Stallers who just throw every goddamn status at you making matches drag on for years.

I'd much prefer someone defeat me soundly than drag out a PvP fight. Imho it zaps the good out of it, knowing you can't beat them at the long game.

Back