• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you return Kenya and Shuckie?

Years
In HG/SS you were "loaned" two Pokemon throughout your journey: a Spearow named Kenya holding a letter which a man requested you to deliver to someone else as well as a Shuckle named Shuckie from someone in Cianwood. Did you return these Pokemon to their original trainers or keep them? Used any of them on your team?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I usually returned Kenya, but I always kept the Shuckle for obvious reasons lol... Although I could be nice and just breed it and give it back, I just never bothered to.

Years
I usually end up leaving them in the box forever until I go to Shuckie's owner to see who he is and then I return him. I usually never do the Kenya side quest (is that what it is called?) because I forgot about that one too.

Years
Silly reward for the return of the two. Kenya is great for in game. Much better than a traded Farfetch'd.
Even the traded Shuckle is useful, though more for its wall like defenses, Toxic, and Baton Pass griefing.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I returned them. I had no use for them and decided to return the burgled Pokémon. But in the Originals I took their stuff and boxed them.

Years
I don't remember taking the Shuckle many times I played through the game, to be honest. But I did return it because I didn't have much of a need for it; it's not a very good Pokémon and way too situational.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
I only took Shuckle once and even then i didn't use it, i did use Kenya however, like Xebelleon said, it's pretty good for in game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
There was once a time in the originals where I took Kenya for myself as I love that bird line. I always returned Shuckie as it's not my style of battling.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
In HG I returned both. In SS I want to keep Shuckle this time, because fighting them in the wild with bide is pretty risky. When you complete the Kenya quest you get a HP up as thanks.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Wait you were supposed to return the Shuckle to that guy eventually?!

Oh.....

The Spearow I always gave back to it's owner though.

Years
I returned Kenya, all right - in the originals you get a TM for Nightmare for giving her(/him?) and I imagine you get something close enough in HGSS, so I returned her.

Shuckle, I kept. But I made it so it's happiness was maxed, and then the guy didn't want to take it from someone it is so happy with. So really I made it mine. :P

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Oh man! I knew I forgot something! *runs back to SoulSilver*

Generally I box them and then forget. That must make me the worst trainer ever. :/ Though I DO remember returning them in the originals. Maybe I've gotten less idealistic as I've gotten older.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I returned both Kenya and Shuckie. Even though I used them for some battles a bit, I still think it's not right if I don't return them to their own trainers because I don't really own them, technically.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
I know that if you get Shuckie's friendship to a high enough level, Mania will let you keep it. And a friend told me that if you give the Mail Kenya is holding to a different Pokemon, the guy will accept that Pokemon instead of Kenya. However, I'm not sure whether that works or not. But I usually returned Kenya while increasing Shuckie's friendship so that I could keep it.

Back