• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Friday Pokémon

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
PSGvfjF.jpg

Both Lapras and Drifloon are available every Fridays in their respective locations, namely Union Cave for Lapras and Valley Windworks for Driftloon.

What do you think about this special Friday event that made its comeback in Gen IV?

How did you learn about this unique Friday event?

Do you like Lapras and/or Drifloon?

Have you ever used Lapras/Drifloon in your team?

Did you care about catching them?

Let the discussion begin!

Last edited:
Years
What do you think about this special Friday event that made its comeback in Gen IV?
It took me a while to learn about it because I was curious about how to obtain Drifloon but it's a pretty interesting method of catching a Pokemon in its own right.

It was actually my brother who told me about it, back when he used to actively play Pokemon.

I do love both, especially Drifloon who is so cute and I happen to have a shiny one in one of my games. Lapras is really strong and one of my fave Kanto Pokemon on top of that.

Sadly I already had other stuff on my team by the time I caught them, so I didn't use them unfortunately.

Not much to comment here, but I do like catching Pokemon when I can.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I thought it was a really cool feature honestly. I love seeing Pokémon in the overworld, it's just a little thing but it brings the whole world into a more realistic light. LIKE HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA FIND AN ENTEI IN THE TALL GRASS WHEN EVEN A TEN YEAR OLD KID IS TALLER THAN IT??? Ahaha, I just wish they'd incorporate it more, at least for rare and powerful Pokémon.

I actually had no idea there was a Lapras event or whatever you call this in HGSS until reading this honestly, I thought Drifloon was the only one! I found out about Drifloon because I owned one of those guides, I remember convincing my dad to pick it up for me and my brother when I was getting Diamond and he was getting Pearl. It's hard to believe it was 8 years ago honestly.

I really like both of these 'mons! Lapras is really cool: it's bulky, has a cool typing, reminds me of Lorelei, gives me flashbacks to the Orange Islands arc of the anime and reminds me of Surfing in the old games! The only thing I dislike about it is it's moveset, but it's not even that bad. I mean it gets Dragon Dance for some reason WHILE GARCHOMP STILL DOESN'T WTF GAMEFREAK! Drifloon is awesome too, it's a ghost-balloon that kidnaps children... That makes it pretty creepy that the dude from the Windworks' daughter is always playing with it...

I used a Drifblim on a recent-ish playthrough of Platinum and it was so cool, I also used it in a Nuzlocke of Bloody Platinum and I was so sad when it died haha. It's design and intriguing playstyle made it fun to use. I used Lapras on my playthrough of Pokémon Y, my second journey through Kalos! It was my dedicated Surfer and put in a lot of work. I loved the gimmick where you could actually see Lapras if you used it to Surf!

It wasn't something I ever went out of my way to do before if I'm honest. It's a pretty cool feature like I said above but when I play I'm always in a one-track mind to beat the Pokémon League before coming back and doing all the other side-game stuff!

Back