• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red: EXceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masou Shoujo Haruna

Don't touch me, I'm sterile
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2011
    Introduction

Pokemon Fire Red: EXceed is a hack of Pokemon Fire Red focusing on harder gameplay and other random elements.
    basically beat the game that is already in a hard setting with limited resources(pokemon, items, gold)
    a bunch of stuffs will be randomized from the starters you choose from, up to that pokeball lying on the ground. There's also this randomized reward/penalty system for gym battles. speaking of gym trainers, gym battles have been turned into a gauntlet sort-of thing you can only enter once and you must defeat everyone inside of it before you can get out. The game also borrows some nuzlocke mechanics (the 2 most basic rules of nuzlocke will be present) if you've read this introduction + features and still confused as to what this hack is all about i've attached a (less than 1 hour game-length) patch down below.

Features
    • random starter from gen. 1-3 (you still get to choose what type you want)
    • randomized ground items (the items you get will improve the further you progress)
    • nuzlocke rule 1: you cant heal fainted pokemon (instead they are taken away from your party automatically upon healing/using pkmn storage.
    • nuzlocke rule 2: you can CATCH 1 pokemon per area, any other pokemon generated from the generators will dodge your pokeball like the ghost battle in pokemon tower(every map where you can catch pokemons will have COMP Generators, they look like pokedex and attracts pokemon for you to catch, they disappear after usage and also have 1/10th chance of attracting shinies)
    • shuffle system: random reward/penalty system (from inflicting random status ailments, damaging pokemon, giving you money etc.)
    • gauntlet styled gyms: beat the whole gym in a single run without heading back to the pokemon center or get stuck
    • increased difficulty on gym leaders/trainers and possibly an increase in their numbers(maybe?)
    • day and night system
    • upon a white-out you get sent to the VoiD where there is no escape
    • changed pokemon stat, moveset, evolutions (did the first batch of changes)
    • enemy npc's pokemon levels is dependant on your highest leveled pokemon
    • remove pc and change the pkmn/item storage through kafra npcs XD which are found in the pkmn center upstairs
    • healing at pokemon centers cost money depending on how many badges you have

Screenshots
    (the sample .ips ends up at pewter, this is just a sample i'm still piecing-up the actual hack)

Last edited:

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
    Years
  • I like the idea of having the pokemon sent to the graveyard once it faints. Hope you are able to finish this hack! Good Luck!

P.S. FIRST! (Y)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Very Very Interesting gameplay. I've been playing it for about 30 minutes, and I'm enjoying it! Keep up the good work! I especially like the shinies, I'll confess I've reset to get my pokemon shiny haha :)

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    So have you actually implemented the two Nuzlocke features? If so, I would love to know how you did it, just for information. This actually looks like it'd be fun to play and Ill download it!

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    I have just got to Pewter City, the Nuzlocke system works well, except for the machine doesn't disappear when you find gold. Also, I think the sometimes fainting afterwards is a bit harsh. Is there a PC anywhere? Or can you only have 6 Pokemon?

The trainers in Virdian Forest were the perfect amount of experience, I just got Totodile to level 13 for water gun and shroomish + skitty both got to level 9.

Masou Shoujo Haruna

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2011
    I like the idea of having the pokemon sent to the graveyard once it faints. Hope you are able to finish this hack! Good Luck!

P.S. FIRST! (Y)
    i'm still not sure about this if i do write n asm routine to read the nickname i could only return it as 32bits .word(i think?) while the nickname goes up to max 10 bytes(80 bits) and if i do store it somewhere would it be read as alphanumeric or just their numeric values(most probably) though i do have an alternate less-conventional idea that i haven't tested yet, so its not a total shot at the dark :)

Very Very Interesting gameplay. I've been playing it for about 30 minutes, and I'm enjoying it! Keep up the good work! I especially like the shinies, I'll confess I've reset to get my pokemon shiny haha :)
    thanks, i did too at one point :3c

So have you actually implemented the two Nuzlocke features? If so, I would love to know how you did it, just for information. This actually looks like it'd be fun to play and Ill download it!
    the faint=death idea is rather easy. you just combine an hp check routine with the take pokemon routine by hackmew or jpan(i forgot to add this but im using jpan's hacked engine) then put it in a loop that'll check for every pokemon you have, place that script somewhere where hp can be restored like nurse joy script or the pc-pkmn storage and you're done it takes away the fainted pokemon before you get healed or access the pkmn storage

the initial idea for the 1st encounter only per map was a bit hard though, its suppose to use the swarm special to call in a pokemon.
    -first randomize which kind of pokemon you want
    -set the randomize result pokemon to 0x8004
    -set 0x8005 to chance of appearance 0x0 is as rare as shiny 0x7fff is 50% chance 0xffff is always encounter
    -0x8006 is the most important.. set it to 0x1 to make it only encounter once
    (once you encounter it, it wont show up anymore considering you set the encounter rate in that area to 0 in the advance map)
    -0x8007 confuses me a bit though it dictates how you'll encounter the said pokemon.. whether it'll be by walking through grass, surfing through waters, rock smashing rocks or fishing
    -add in the special to call the swarm routine

put all of this in a level script(type 3, i guess that'll work?) put a checkflag for execution

BUT..
    what i did in EXceed is just use an npc script then randomize a wildbattle. well its kinda easier to write XD im also not that confident in writing level scripts and i haven't tested the idea above so im not sure if it'll work

I have just got to Pewter City, the Nuzlocke system works well, except for the machine doesn't disappear when you find gold. Also, I think the sometimes fainting afterwards is a bit harsh. Is there a PC anywhere? Or can you only have 6 Pokemon?

The trainers in Virdian Forest were the perfect amount of experience, I just got Totodile to level 13 for water gun and shroomish + skitty both got to level 9.
    talk to the npcs upstairs the pokemon center, forgot to add it in the OP as well >.<
    i took a quick look at the gold script and it ends in release, end, rather than a return. force of habit i guess O_O will fix it in the next release
    i forgot to add it up in the features but the trainers you encounter would have pokemon levels equivalent to the highest pokemon in your party.. one of my main concerns when i was starting this was the exp gained.. wince there are no wild pokemon to grind on and i also plan on not including the vs seeker, should i add up more trainers or adjust the exp required to next level etc.?

pokemon levels equivalent to the highest pokemon in your party seems exploitable for trainers that have their pokemon with default moves. technically you can fight a lvl 5 charizard that only knows tackle and growl if your highest is only lvl 5
    on the other hand setting trainers up so that they have custom moves wouldn't fare quite well if there isnt enough exp. for example, if i didn't edit the trainers in viridian you might probably end up with a bulbasaur that only knows leech seed agains brock's selfdestructing geodude, rock sliding onix, flamethrowing vulpix, well you get the picture XD

Last edited:

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Ummm, apparently I can only fight one Pokémon per route instead of catch only one, leaving me unable to grind. You should find a solution to that -.-

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    I can't find Professor Oak to give him Oak's Parcel. For some reason he's not in his lab.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    Welll, this game is hard! I found out that its not good to grind one pokemon, type advantages suck. I also found two bugs.

1.The Viridian Gym is open and your able to exit and reenter.(I think its a bug)
    2.The second trainer in Brock's Gym (the boy) freezes the game if you activate the walking part of the script. But if you talk to him you can battle him fine.

Other than that, the game is really hard and Ill have to ty it again. :D

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    I found a bug where you can re-enter professor oak's lab and fight the tutorial battle again. I'm going to assume that's why I can't find Professor Oak.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
  • Ummm, apparently I can only fight one Pokémon per route instead of catch only one, leaving me unable to grind. You should find a solution to that -.-

False; just click on the little Pokedex thing again to fight another Pokemon.

I can't find Professor Oak to give him Oak's Parcel. For some reason he's not in his lab.

Try redownloading a clean Fire Red ROM(don't ask me where to get it) and repatching it. It works just fine for me.

Masou Shoujo Haruna

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2011
    So, I totally thought you were kidding and got sent to the VoiD. D': I almost cried.
    hehe it used to be just a black empty map with a floating poster in the middle

Ummm, apparently I can only fight one Pokémon per route instead of catch only one, leaving me unable to grind. You should find a solution to that -.-
    mmmhh.. yea i guess i should re-phrase that so people won't misunderstood
    also the only means of gathering exp is through npc battles

Welll, this game is hard! I found out that its not good to grind one pokemon, type advantages suck. I also found two bugs.

1.The Viridian Gym is open and your able to exit and reenter.(I think its a bug)
    2.The second trainer in Brock's Gym (the boy) freezes the game if you activate the walking part of the script. But if you talk to him you can battle him fine.

Other than that, the game is really hard and Ill have to ty it again. :D
    i tried and tried but just can't see what's causing these stuffs :(

Try redownloading a clean Fire Red ROM(don't ask me where to get it) and repatching it. It works just fine for me.
    winter might be right, i made up another sample though and removed part of some script that uses variable within 0x405X area though im quite sure its not those, please try it on the rom you're using then if it still gets bugged up try obtaining a rom from another source different from the one you're using now.

i manage to complete up all of the shuffle script and planned up on what the other gym leaders pokemon will be, added in the first wave of changes in pkmn stats/move etc. did a few test with that gravestone naming thing and didn't end quite well (im out of ideas again) if all goes well (if i wont need to use a different rom) i can finally resume on making that beta and maybe finish up something before next week(and actually manage to get somewhere with this hack)

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • mmmhh.. yea i guess i should re-phrase that so people won't misunderstood
    also the only means of gathering exp is through npc battles

I think in that case you kinda missed the spirit of Nuzlocke which is "Grind like there's no tomorrow"...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Juliarydeslove, please familiarise yourself with the rules- you may not post in a thread if more than a month has passed since the last valid post.
    Thread poster, your name is long and awkward to type on my cell phone, but if you want this thread reopened then feel free to contact either colcolstyles or myself and we'll happily do so :)
    For now...

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back