• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Jade/Obsidian

IeUaN_08

Researching
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Pokemon Jade/Obsidian [PSP]

Welcome, welcome, come on in and take a seat!

Are you comfortable?

Good, now let me begin...

A few years back I began work on a game they said could not be done! I planned on bringing Pokemon to the land of PlayStation.

Using the homebrew lanaguage of PGE Lua, I began working on the most anticipated game for PSP.

Despite difficult challenges I was able to create something that was recognisable. Here are some of the shots:

Spoiler:

I am currently working on an Alpha test release which will be due out the 16th of this month!

The maps for the game are currently being built with a program called "Tiled", with this we can knock out massive maps in around 20 mins!

Unfortunatley we currently only have two people working on developement so are looking for more people to join us and ease the workload!

Also we currently ony have two NPC's in the game due to the sprite sheet being slightly different to the standard:

Spoiler:

We have some more images and information about the game on our website which can be found here

Youtube videos:

Spoiler:

Thanks for reading!

Tell us what you think!!

Last edited:

IeUaN_08

Researching
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I have now released an Alpha demo of the game, which is now on my site :)

Any feedback is appreciated!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    This game looks very nice! However, we already have a Pokemon Obsidian, so why don't you stick to Pokemon Jade?

IeUaN_08

Researching
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    This game looks very nice! However, we already have a Pokemon Obsidian, so why don't you stick to Pokemon Jade?

Because I've been working on it for over three years, and had the title for atleast that long.

But if you know of another metamorphic rock that is a purple colour then I'll consider changing it :P

Thank you for the comments it is very much appreciated! :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    What about Agate?
    *nanana random singing because the message is too short to send*

IeUaN_08

Researching
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Been a long while sine this thread last flopped, so I've decided to have another delve into PSP Pokemon.

This time around we are going back to basics, starting a fresh, This time we will be going for Pokemon Red, PSP Edition...

Stay tuned...

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ya atomic reactor has worked on his forever so id stick with jade

IeUaN_08

Researching
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I was working on Obsidian way back in 2006 btw guys....

However that is not the project I am now working on!

IeUaN_08

Researching
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Its for a different platform.

Also seeing as I am no longer working on that project it shouldn't be a problem as it is :)

I am now looking to rebuild the original "Red" story for PSP, I was wondering what people though the key aspects were, as well as bit they would like to see changed in some ways?

Back