• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald font patch for FireRed

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
  • 25th May 2019: Re-uploaded patch (broken link)

The DPP font patch is awesome(r) but is kinda overused at this point, so I made this as an alternative for my own hack. Here it is, in case anybody wants to use it. It's the font from Emerald ported over to fire red.
    Note that it is not 100% identical. The width of the characters has been altered to match that of the original FireRed font, so the font width table is unaltered (nothing repointed.)

I've tested it on clean ROMs and hacks without problems, but make a backup, just in case.

Screenshots are attached.

Notes
    • Apply to FireRed BPRE v1.0
    • You can apply this to hacks in progress, provided no other font patch was used
    • Text boxes don't need adjustment; size of the glyphs is preserved

Download
    MediaFire

Attachments

• screenshot.PNG
      screenshot.PNG
      7 KB · Views: 461
    • screenshot2.PNG
      screenshot2.PNG
      7.2 KB · Views: 359
    • screenshot3.PNG
      screenshot3.PNG
      5 KB · Views: 336
    Last edited:

d00d

Game Developer
    Years
  • Seems great, I was looking for another font option. The DPP font did seem overused at this point.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • Hey, I like your patch, but I have a question: why not change the widths of the font? It doesn't look that bad as it is, but making it the proper size would make it appear more cohesive.

Thanks :) One reason I didn't change the widths was because I found it kinda difficult to do, but it also has the benefit of text boxes not needing adjustment

Back