• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Updated GTS Suggestions

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Hi all, I'm new here and this is my first thread, but since you guys seem like the most liable source to post suggestions regarding the game, I've decided to join the community.

Alright, so, everyone knows of the notorious GTS. Yes, it is arguably one of the best ways to complete your Pokedex or receive a shiny Pokemon, but it also has some major flaws. And yes, I'm talking about the Pokemon.

You can search up virtually any Pokemon on the GTS, and almost always you'll see a ridiculous offer. A level three Magikarp for a Hoopa, or a level thirty Carvanha for an Arceus, or a level one Cyndaquil for a Mew. Yes, people's standards may be a bit high in the Pokemon world, but this is a bit over the top. I have came to suggest a new type of GTS, one everyone will love.

1. Separate Pokemon into "tiers"
-This update would provide a much more fair market for Pokemon, and will prevent users from offering a Bidoof for a Diancie. Different classes of Pokemon will be separated into tiers.
-I didn't make a complete list, but Pokemon such as Genesect, Shaymin, Arceus, Mew, etc will be in the "True Legendary" tier. These Pokemon can only be received through an event and cannot necessarily be traded on the GTS.
-Game legendaries, legendary trios, and other legendaries that you can capture in game would be classed as "Game Legendaries." These Pokemon can be traded through the GTS, and figuratively there can be an infinite amount of these Pokemon, unlike true legendaries.
-Strong Pokemon, such as Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Aggron, and Rhyperior would be put under "Pseudo Legendaries." These Pokemon are very strong and have high base stats, but are not classed as legendaries.
-The general population of the other Pokemon would be separated into other tiers.

2. Tiers would have a trade limit.
-What I mean by this is that people cannot extend through tiers to get Pokemon they desire. You would only be able to ask for Pokemon that are one tier above you and as many tiers below you. This way, people wit Bidoofs would be restricted to asking for Pokemon such as Skarmory or Luxio.

3. Requests can have a "shiny lock."
-This can only occur if the Pokemon offered is also shiny. People would not be able to shiny lock their trade if the Pokemon being offered is normal. This can assure a shiny for shiny deal so that the person receiving does not get a total loss.

4. People would be able to view the summaries of the Pokemon being offered.
-Too many times have I, and many other aspiring trainers, gotten scammed out of what seems like a good deal, where a trainer would offer a Pokemon with "MODEST 6IV EV TRAINED BR" as the caption, but it turns out that they had a completely different nature, little to no IVs or EVs, and are most certainly not battle ready. By giving trainers the ability to view the pokemons summary, it would give a more reliable trade.

5. Level restrictions cannot be ridiculous.
-I have seen so many offers where it is a level one Pokemon being offered for a level 100. Similar to the tiers, you would only be able to request up to twenty levels in difference. This would assure a fairer trade.

Leave your questions/comments/criticism below, thanks!

Back