• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Mario World Challenge!

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
supermarioworldheader.png
CHALLENGE!!!

Let's Play! by Aizuke @ pokecommunity

Okay! So here's my next LP. :D I miiight possibly go back to Pocky and Rocky since I feel kinda ugh about quitting on it. My voice is a bit croaky since I have a throat infection, haha so sorry.

Anywho, I've decided to put a bit of a twist in this LP. As stated in the video, I will be playing with no savestates, and no power ups. Yes you heard me right. :) I will probably be crying throughout the whole LP series haha. Buuut I guess when it comes to being in a castle fighting bosses, I suppose having at least the mushroom power up is good enough, nothing higher though. But I will have to break this condition if I actually need a power to complete a stage, mind you. But either than that I will always be playing as little mario.

Also to debate whether Yoshi counts as a power up? I dunno. I haven't played this game in a while so I don't remember if he's needed to play any parts of the game.

Not much else to say really, but yeah, anywho enjoy!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I'm not sure whether Yoshi would be considered a power up or not. He does give you an extra hit, but I believe his flying ability is required in some stages. Though most of my knowledge of Super Mario World comes from watching raocow's LPs of SMW hacks, I haven't played a whole lot of the game myself.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Well I guess if it does come down to having to use him to pass through a stage, I will. But he kinda wasn't needed in this stage. XD Unless I was missing something, I dunno.

I suppose I'm trying to aim for one hit kill thing, so yeah I probably should use him unless I absolutely need to.

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
You've got major delay on the game's audio, though your commentary seems to be fine.
Is this your first time playing SMW? If yes, the small-mario-only condition will make things really hard.
Other than that, good job, your commentary is enjoyable and your voice is very clear.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I would soooo never be able to do this challenge. I suck at Super Mario World on regular conditions. :)
Which I hate because I really like Super Mario World.

Nice LP though! You're accent is awesome, making the commentary awesome. I'll be staying tuned.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
You've got major delay on the game's audio, though your commentary seems to be fine.
Is this your first time playing SMW? If yes, the small-mario-only condition will make things really hard.
Other than that, good job, your commentary is enjoyable and your voice is very clear.

Yeah I kinda realised that.. I'm not too sure what's up with the delay, must be something wrong with my laptop or something which is kinda weird. I can't imagine what's making the audio out of sync with the video.

Well it's kinda my first time, I played SMW aggges ago, when it was on the SNES lol. So basically I am playing sorta blind.

But thank you! I kinda felt my commentary was a bit so so, but I guess not. XD

I would soooo never be able to do this challenge. I suck at Super Mario World on regular conditions. :)
Which I hate because I really like Super Mario World.

Nice LP though! You're accent is awesome, making the commentary awesome. I'll be staying tuned.

Hahah, aww I'm not too bad with Mario. I didn't want to do another same old Mario LP, I thought the small mario condition would spice it up a bit haha. Although I probably will end up regretting it as I get to higher up worlds, oh well!

Thanks. XD; I still don't understand the concept of my accent being awesome, but considering it's my voice. :P

CHALLENGE!!!

Weee next episode. Ahhh I kinda cheated, my bad. You just can't help yourself when you see a star, haha.

Uhh either than that not much else to say really. So enjoy!

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
by "finishing" the game, you mean just get to Bowser and defeating him, or finding all exits?
first one will be not very tough, second seems nearly-impossible
anyway, good luck out there

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
I was thinking just getting to Bowser. Since yeah, I kinda doubt I'll be able to find all the secret paths without the help of power ups.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Without Power-Ups you can't even get to Star Road. D:

But yeah, nice LP. I couldn't challenge myself like that. n_n

I guess I'll save that stuff for the after bonus. XD;

Man, if I had a camera I'd do one of these. D:

Nice LP, though! 8D

I actually play on a SNES emulator on my computer, along with a program called Camtasia. You don't need a camera to record playing games on your computer. XD

But thanks for the comments you guys. :D

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Hahah, aww I'm not too bad with Mario. I didn't want to do another same old Mario LP, I thought the small mario condition would spice it up a bit haha. Although I probably will end up regretting it as I get to higher up worlds, oh well!

Thanks. XD; I still don't understand the concept of my accent being awesome, but considering it's my voice. :P

Yeah, which everybody has a problem with hearing themselves on recordings. I refuse to watch my videos after i upload them because I start to grit my teeth and want to delete the video because I feel like "Oh dear lord I have such a annoying southern accent!"

And you use Camtasia too! Camtasia is amazing, ha ha. I highly recommend it to any other LP'ers in the making.

Yuoaman

Years
Yeah, which everybody has a problem with hearing themselves on recordings. I refuse to watch my videos after i upload them because I start to grit my teeth and want to delete the video because I feel like "Oh dear lord I have such a annoying southern accent!"

And you use Camtasia too! Camtasia is amazing, ha ha. I highly recommend it to any other LP'ers in the making.

If I had the money to spare I'd probably splurge on Camtasia, but I guess for now Camstudio is fine.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years

I've never had that problem to be honest. I always watch my videos after recording them or uploading them. XD I don't mind my voice really, although I am kinda conscious I hope no one mistakes me for a boy, haha.

Ah yes. :) I learnt to use Camtasia from Raocow and recommended from a friend as well, since I didn't know any other screen recording programs. XD

If I had the money to spare I'd probably splurge on Camtasia, but I guess for now Camstudio is fine.

Actually I downloaded Camtasia for free. XD If you wanted, you could download the trial version and I could give you a serial code for it, although I'm not 100% if it'll work. Buut I don't see why not.

CHALLENGE!!!

Anywho! New episodes. I cut this in parts since I didn't realise how long the last level took me, haha.

[ythd]8WOjeFWuQcg[/ythd]

[ythd]2w2uAQm8SOQ[/ythd]

Yuoaman

Years

I've never had that problem to be honest. I always watch my videos after recording them or uploading them. XD I don't mind my voice really, although I am kinda conscious I hope no one mistakes me for a boy, haha.

Ah yes. :) I learnt to use Camtasia from Raocow and recommended from a friend as well, since I didn't know any other screen recording programs. XD

Actually I downloaded Camtasia for free. XD If you wanted, you could download the trial version and I could give you a serial code for it, although I'm not 100% if it'll work. Buut I don't see why not.

:O

CHALLENGE!!!

Anywho! New episodes. I cut this in parts since I didn't realise how long the last level took me, haha.

[ythd]8WOjeFWuQcg[/ythd]

[ythd]2w2uAQm8SOQ[/ythd]

Autoscrolling is like a nice warm hug on a cold day isn't it? He lied.

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
Oh, forgot to comment earlier. o_O
Your commentary is still great, keep that up. I'm finding the game's audio delay to be quite annoying by now though. If you can't fix it, you may want to just mute it altogether, maybe play some of your own music. Just don't play anything owned by WMG, they mute your videos. Learned that by watching Chainfire9001. If you're into Japanese music, that's the way to go, no one complains about that xD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
CHALLENGE!!!

So I thought the video was going to be out of sync again, haha guess what? It's actually on cue this time. ....At least I think so.

Oh and if you're wondering, all I did was turn my internet connection off while playing, since I figured if my computer was updating anything while I was playing, it would make it lag a bit. Although.. I'm not 100% if that was the case lol.

[ythd]xZIgvYbXbe8[/ythd]

Oh lol so this. This episode, if you just want me to listen to me ramble on and on, go for it. Either than that, I pretty much didn't complete the stage due to time running out. I just.. talk a lot. Haha.

[ythd]671GhKtlGm0[/ythd]

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
This is the second time this week I've learned that I'm pronouncing someone's name wrong. o3o

I'm shocked you were able to keep talking through the 2nd part, I would've run out of things to say. Good job. (b")b

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
CHALLENGE!!!

I'm starting to get the hang of LPing and talking, I feel more comfortable just rambling on now. :P But it also helps that I've been recording when I wake up, so pretty much my parents aren't home and I can talk as much as I want without them disturbing me haha.

[ythd]ZI58dqtyv6w[/ythd]

SINGING MONTAGE HELL YEAH.
This castle wasn't actually that hard to be honest, I could probably do it without the help of a power up. :P OH WELL.

[ythd]OZ-JRuOEYiI[/ythd]

Back