• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3rd Game or Sequel Speculation

What would you like to see in Generation VI after Pokémon X and Y?

• Total voters

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I hope there will be completely different games as everytime a pokemon game comes out like Pokemon BW2 it feels as though I have to completely abandon my previous game and play that game. It just feels like wasted money.

I'm fairly sure there will be a pokemon Z though, seeing as they have chosen X and Y, which lines the series perfectly up for a pokemon Z (pretty much a no-brainer).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    It depends on the content of the games to be honest. I think that logically, Black 2 and White 2 made more sense than a Gray. On the other hand, Emerald made more sense than a Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2. It depends on the story content of X and Y.

Come to think of it, you're right. It should 'sound' appealing and look appealing enough for people to play, not just seem sequelish. I think it can be decided by the story and that of if there IS a THIRD LEGENDARY. If so, then they should make Z, if not then (X&Y)2 will suffice.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I really hope they will make a storyline which will fit X and Y to produce a third Game. :P

tnfsf11

At first I thought a 3rd game would be good, because it mainly has new features & bonus stuff to do, but then I thought why not a sequel? It would be fun to do another adventure before a new generation... I wish that the sequel is in another region though, & the names "X2" & "Y2" are not that appealing to me, so why not call them Z1 & Z2???

I guess I mixed up all the choices mentioned above :P

WishCookie

Years
  • At first I thought a 3rd game would be good, because it mainly has new features & bonus stuff to do, but then I thought why not a sequel? It would be fun to do another adventure before a new generation... I wish that the sequel is in another region though, & the names "X2" & "Y2" are not that appealing to me, so why not call them Z1 & Z2???

I guess I mixed up all the choices mentioned above :P

Lets just stick with the third games shall we? Some events changes at least during the third games.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Untitled11.png

A 3rd game sequel.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I feel that in generation Sequels may have been a one time thing for Gen V to make it special (for the time being that is) aka to make up for the rush of the generation out of the door for this one.

I'm hoping they'll do something like prequels, that'll be a shake up :)

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    I think for the special game they should do something completely different. Perhaps do a mix between remakes of Ruby/Sapphire and sequels? A continuation of the Ruby/Sapphire plot or X/Y plot moves to Hoenn.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • A mix of third generation VI game or even sequels with remakes imo is 99.999 percent unlikely. Especially considering Hoenn's theme is nature...okay one can argue that they could do a GMO versus Organic thing, but Hoenn's theme is more about physical nature than "natural" here. If they plan to do any mixing it'll work best with Kanto which is also obsolete...and has Mewtwo whom is appearing in this generation with a new forme...

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • Personally, I loved the sequals. It was something actually different and for Pokemon, a new concept. I've never really cared for the "3rd game", simply because it wasn't different enough to make it special. Even now whenever a new Pokemon generation is released, the thing that upsets me is that there aren't large enough version differences other than the Pokemon exclusives, which isn't that big, to make them to different. What I would like, is a sequal set in however far into the future that it is from the intial games, that allows travel back to at least one of the regions, but, actually make the region different. B2 and W2 added a bunch of new stuff to Unova that wasn't there previously and I loved it. But, I don't want to travel back to one of the regions if everything is exactly the same as it was when I played the game it was set in. Make version exclusives that actually make a difference. If they were to take up the whole travel back to another region, then in each version it could be a different region. And, while staying on the topic of revisiting regions, if they make a 3rd game, then either make that one able to go to both the version exclusive regions, or, be able to go to one or two completely different ones so we can see how each region has adapted and evolved. Just my thoughts though and I know it'll probably never happen but, it's nice to dream.

WishCookie

Years
  • Personally, I loved the sequals. It was something actually different and for Pokemon, a new concept. I've never really cared for the "3rd game", simply because it wasn't different enough to make it special. Even now whenever a new Pokemon generation is released, the thing that upsets me is that there aren't large enough version differences other than the Pokemon exclusives, which isn't that big, to make them to different. What I would like, is a sequal set in however far into the future that it is from the intial games, that allows travel back to at least one of the regions, but, actually make the region different. B2 and W2 added a bunch of new stuff to Unova that wasn't there previously and I loved it. But, I don't want to travel back to one of the regions if everything is exactly the same as it was when I played the game it was set in. Make version exclusives that actually make a difference. If they were to take up the whole travel back to another region, then in each version it could be a different region. And, while staying on the topic of revisiting regions, if they make a 3rd game, then either make that one able to go to both the version exclusive regions, or, be able to go to one or two completely different ones so we can see how each region has adapted and evolved. Just my thoughts though and I know it'll probably never happen but, it's nice to dream.

Even tho I might like the idéa I would still prefer the Sequal to be an ''one time thing'' since it made B/W kinda special.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • Although it did make it special, they can take the idea and modify it. I'm just saying, the third game is never much different from the other two, while the first two are never too different to begin with. All I'd like is for them to shake things up. I will always love Pokemon and always buy the games, but, getting your starter, grinding, fight the gyms and then the Elite Four, not doing it for me much anymore. Keep those in the games but, don't make me have to do that. Just do something that makes an actual difference, that shakes up the game for once.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I like the idea of X2 and Y2, never thought about that, but I think we should only have one sequel rather than many and go with Pokemon Z.

Last edited:

Alexial

I'm more partial to the idea of having a third game. Including "Z" to the duo is just a part of the good'ol Pokemon formula.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to a "X2 and Y2" sequel either.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I also don't see why everyone is so opposed to sequals and only wanting it to be a one time thing. What's wrong with sequals?

Probably because these sequals :P in each generation don't change very much to the core gameplay element. Sure, it would be nice to see an update of what Sinnoh would look like 10 years later, but they aren't that much of a difference when it comes to playing them.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • I suppose you are right Boilurn. But, BW2 actually added new stuff. More towns/cities, etc. I just don't see why the idea of a sequel is pretty much already even not able to be considered at this point for some people. Sure it made BW2 special, who's to say it won't add the same effect for X and Y or any other later generation?

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • Honestly, I'd love to see a third game. They generally add a lot more depth to the storyline than its predecessors; Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are prime examples. I guess Black 2 and White 2 would count as well. What I would absolutely not want to see is another generation made. (new region, etc.) It would feel as though it were rushed, kinda like how the sixth generation feels for me.

Don't get me wrong, the sixth generation sounds frickin' awesome-- what with all of the 3D effects, the Fairy type, new battle styles, amongst other things. I'm just still stuck in the 4th gen.

Back