• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Item that changes players appearance?

Years
  • How can i make an item that changes player sprite?

Hey guys, i'm new here :)
    Anyway id like to know how i can make an item that can edit a players sprite, i know it will need to be on item effects but I don't know what scripting to do. All help will be appreciated :pink_nod:

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
    Years
  • Sort of like in HGSS when the player has to change clothes as a rocket member to sneak inside their base. I want to make an item that can change the player's entire graphic set, overworld, trainer, transitions sprite etc...

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • that's called an outfit - you could also take the more annoying route and make it a custom trainer character all together (ie, what male/female is) but an outfit is what you want, and it exists in essentials, look at the wiki

Courtland

Years
  • Yeah I know about that, but I'm kinda interested in making it a specific item. Which calls the script to change the player.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Yeah I know about that, but I'm kinda interested in making it a specific item. Which calls the script to change the player.

Its all simple...
    Think about it, what else are items? It's similar to a bicycle in that it is a key item, so searching that brings you to the most obvious script section, "itemeffects"
    now look at the wiki, but I'll assume you don't understand it, and tell you to change outfits you need "$Trainer.outfit" use that and make some items

Courtland

Years
  • Wow, you actually made me feel a little stupid lol. Just realized how simple it was, thanks a lot.

Courtland

Years
  • So I got it working, but how come when I use it, it disappears?

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • You have to define the item as a keyitem so it isn't used up when you use it.
    Think it through, when you use the map or fishing rod you keep it afterwards.
    Define it correctly in the PBS and that should solve your problem

Back