• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen PLASMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • The evil team of Generation 5 that had a wicked battle theme - their goal wasn't to take over the world, but to free Pokemon from all trainers... by using... captured Pokemon. What did you think of their goals? Were they executed well, in terms of how the characters acted and how Gamefreak created them? Did you ever agree with them? How awesome is their grunt battle music?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Team Plasma was a fresh new idea, which I really liked. I loved how they were deceiving, hiding their true intentions behind a motive that sounds beneficial to Pokemon, when all they're doing is taking them and using them. I kind of agreed, seeing as how some Trainers can be abusive to their Pokemon, but not to the point that I 100% agreed with their motives.

Oh yes, their grunt battle music is just fantastic. I kind of wanted to dance to it, occasionally. xD

Years
  • Team Plasma is among my favorite evil organizations. I liked how the original Team Plasma's goal touched upon a moral issue many people PETA especially thought about while playing the main games. It was a bit hypocritical that the Team Plasma members used Pokemon to fight (though, for the most part it wasn't said what happened to those Pokemon afterwards), but N at least stayed true to the goal and changed up his teams each time. That's something I also really liked, as it made N more challenging. When first playing BW, you didn't know what to expect from him and thus couldn't prepare accordingly. I also really like Ghetsis's character; he's one of the most wicked and cunning leaders in all the games, making him one of the best villains, in my opinion. I also liked the medieval motif they had; I love the Middle Ages and felt that a knight-like motif really fit their goals.

As for Neo Team Plasma, their design is among my all-time favorite. The way they go about executing their goal is also fantastic; compared to other evil organizations they seem more ruthless. I mean, they freeze a whole city and Ghetsis tries to impale you (or freeze you; depends on how you want to interpret his actions). Neo Team Plasma also gave the Shadow Triad more to do, and it fleshed out their backstory along with N's. Plus, Colress was a pretty damn interesting character, if you ask me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Team Plasma is among my favorite evil organizations. I liked how the original Team Plasma's goal touched upon a moral issue many people PETA especially thought about while playing the main games. It was a bit hypocritical that the Team Plasma members used Pokemon to fight (though, for the most part it wasn't said what happened to those Pokemon afterwards), but N at least stayed true to the goal and changed up his teams each time. That's something I also really liked, as it made N more challenging. When first playing BW, you didn't know what to expect from him and thus couldn't prepare accordingly. I also really like Ghetsis's character; he's one of the most wicked and cunning leaders in all the games, making him one of the best villains, in my opinion. I also liked the medieval motif they had; I love the Middle Ages and felt that a knight-like motif really fit their goals.

I like how they touched upon the issue, however, I don't think it really worked for me. It kind of just seemed like Gamefreak threw in their standard evil team, then applied the team's goals. I realize it's a Pokemon game and you can't really do anything other than battle, but every time one of the grunts would rant to me about freeing the Pokemon... then proceeding to control theirs it just felt really odd to me.

I really liked N's teams, though. Simply because in the past evil teams usually all have the same Pokemon so you can definitely adopt a winning strategy against them (alright, we're going to fight some Rocket grunts, Noctowl, why don't you take this one) so at least having one prominent member have a different team every time was nice.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I wish that Team Plasma dropped their space - I mean whatever - theme it was. They really could have been an awesome group of hippie trainers that had formed a following behind Ghestis and N, but alas. As for their goal, I think it was sort of like the goals were good on paper but don't really work out in practice. Of course, they were a little extreme and ideal, but it wouldn't have been a Pokemon evil team if it were otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Honestly Team Plasma was a very organized Evil Organization. Instead of taking over the world like most of the previous Organizations, Team Plasma's goal was to liberate Pokemon. Thy were somewhat like the PETA of the Pokemon Universe. Team Plasma's goal may be right, but some disagree with their motives because of Team Plasma using Pokemon to fight. It somewhat destroy's the legitimacy of your motive.

Neo Team plasma's design is the best. It gives out that extreme terrorist feeling. Especially with the awesome Battle theme. We got to learn a lot of back story with the help of Unova Link, that helped in the situation of understanding N's motives. I also the enjoyed Neo Team Plasma V.s N's Team Plasma.

I love how Game Freak handled Team Plasma in BW/2. Especially the Grunt Battle theme in BW/2, that was amazing!! It made me kind of disappointed with Team Flare. Team Plasma let me know that Game Freak is capable of making an amazing Evil Organization. I hope we get more of them a good as Team Plasma

Years
  • The evil team of Generation 5 that had a wicked battle theme - their goal wasn't to take over the world, but to free Pokemon from all trainers... by using... captured Pokemon. What did you think of their goals? Were they executed well, in terms of how the characters acted and how Gamefreak created them? Did you ever agree with them? How awesome is their grunt battle music?

I think this was the main reason I wasn't a Team Plasma fan lol xD While other evil teams might have had crazy or even nonsensical plans, at least they weren't hypocritical about it lol xD

I didn't like their goals cause the idea between Pokémon and trainers has always been enforced as partners, friends, and with the emphasis of the credit for winning battles etc. usually being on the Pokémon themselves. Therefore I can't accept their notion of Pokémon as some kind of oppressed beings. If their goal was to free Pokémon solely from trainers that abused them then that would be okay, but the "all" is the part I have a problem with lol :) Imagine someone thinking they were justified in separating Wally from his Ralts for example xD

Having said that, I would say they were executed well, for example having N as the sympathetic character and all the grunts etc. being behind the plan :) Needless to say I never agreed with them but I'll admit their battle theme was the saving grace of Team Plasma for me haha, was almost toooo awesome lol! :)

Back