• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 10!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • I've been taking on the Windows 10 upgrade offer several weeks ago, and I hope everything is alright after the upgrade, without any compatibility issues and all. Besides, I'm wondering if Cortana (the assistant of Windows 10, that is) will work well with me, since I almost never have a PC assistant before.

Years
  • I reserved my copy of Windows 10 a long time ago, but I am not going to take the plunge yet. I am still not under the belief that Windows 10 is truly free (such as when it comes time for patches to be made), but at the same time I don't think Microsoft would ever charge people to actually use Windows 10.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I had already reserved my Windows 10 offer when it has shown in my computer a long time ago, but I'm wondering about a thing: Is Windows Store apps and games will work in the Computer same(Especially Music and Video apps) As They work on Windows Mobiles? Btw I'm very much exiticed to Install Windows 10 in my computer after all it will be the best Windows Version haha :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2015
    Gonna wait a week or two and make sure it's solid enough. I saw an article on upgrading and it seems to be super easy and supposedly keeps most of your stuff no problem. Sounds great so far.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    holy shit I thought we were still on Windows 8

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hmm, initially I want to upgrade to Windows 10 on the Day 1 several days ago, but right now I need to wait until I get a confirmation that the upgrade is safe, and that it's definitely better.

Sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Hmm, initially I want to upgrade to Windows 10 on the Day 1 several days ago, but right now I need to wait until I get a confirmation that the upgrade is safe, and that it's definitely better.

Sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry.

I think It will be Safe after all Microsoft Providing them, btw it has been stated by Microsoft that Security features will be more in Windows 10 rather than any other Windows version so there will be no chance for any unsafety.But for at least 1% Unsafety Precaution is the best haha :D

Years
  • I guess I will get it when Im building my new PC. Actually heading for a Intel i7 5820 and a GTX 980 Ti but feeling like its a bit to much...
    Looks really interesting and DX12 is a must have.

Years
  • I'm still undecided.

I reserved my copy (at least on my desktop, I noticed my tablet had it as well but I haven't done anything with that yet) a while ago, and I've been told that Windows 10 is actually doing pretty well*, but I'm still kind of nervous about actually taking it, in case something does end up going wrong.

* or at least, told to me by someone who was trying to install the tech demo or whatever on like 10 laptops at once when I saw him this weekend, lol.

Maybe I'll wait a few days and then see.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I was going to wait a week or so, but I think I might be impatient enough to just install it right away haha!

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    I reserved my Windows 10 copy months ago, but I've blocked the install program. I don't think I'll install Win10 before December or so. I wouldn't want to get an OS that doesn't work well, has bugs, compatibility issues, etc.
    I may install it sooner if everything goes smoothly though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Just checked my compatibility report and it says that my computer is ready to go! Can't wait till the upgrade rolls out. Been waiting for it for a while now.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Try several methods, but still doesn't get the windows 10 icon

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm gonna start installing it in like 15 minutes
    good luck to me

Years
  • It finally installed for me after about 2-3 hours! I have to say that it'll take a bit of time to adjust, but I'm liking it so far.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Got this up a couple hours ago, been playing around with it. So far, I definitely like it more than 8.1 and though in a very odd sense I'd say it's less simple than Windows 7 (in terms of easing you into the experience), it really is pretty intuitive. Looking around, it really does give the impression that Microsoft's trying to create an environment that can do pretty much everything someone would want without them having to download 3rd Party Software.

As for Microsoft Edge, I'm very impressed. It may be because after years and years of IE's status as being the worst "modern" browser, but this one really is fast. Would I make the switch from Chrome (or even Firefox) to it? Well...no. It's not so much because of the browser as it is the lack of plugins and 3rd Party Support (considering it's so new). That, and I've yet to really dig into it, just briefly doing some searches and like, but so far I like what I see.

As for Xbox...it's kind of surprising what this has become. If you have an Xbox One, it basically does all of the things that does (minus play Xbone games, but supposedly you can stream them and, from what I've seen, it's pretty smooth). Which means you can record videos and put them online, take screenshots...of pretty much any game. You can add games from your computer and run them through Xbox creating an overlay that can be quite convenient for makeshift recording software.

Only real beef I have so far, which really doesn't matter so much because basically no part of me was considering using the built-in video playback software (since I use MPC-HC + MadVR), but they say it can run mkv files and...well, when I tried with a few different files, after a long-ish load I only got sound. Other than that, Cortana...still undecided, I want to explore more of what she has to offer, but I'm not really sure how yet, and I'm still undecided on whether I'll upgrade my Gaming Windows 7 rig...though to get the most out of the gaming aspect of Windows I might need to.

Back