• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC 14 Rules team

Metricus

The Sympathetic Freaker
Years
  • So I'm not currently in any 2014 Championships competitions, but I've been playing the rules nonetheless, if for no other reason then to acclimate myself to doubles, since I've also never played that until now. I assume most people here know what the VGC 14 rules are, but if anyone doesn't they're 4v4 and Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo are banned.

I built this team when I realized my power house strategies that worked in single weren't cutting it. I especially had to do something about Mega Gengar since he was absolutely wrecking my team. I came to the conclusion that my best choice was Mega Alakazam since neutral nature MA outspeeds positive nature MG. The team evolved from there eventually including Scrafty Fake Out anything that can OHKO Alakazam before he can go mega. Anyways, let me know what you think.

VGC 14 Rules team

Alakazam w/Alakazite
    Ability: Magic Guard/Trace
    Evs: HP 4/SpA 252/Spe 252
    Nature: Modest
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psyshock
    - Energy Ball
    - Focus Blast

VGC 14 Rules team

Scrafty w/Chople Berry
    Ability: Moxie
    Evs: HP 252/Atk 252/ Def
    Nature: Brave
    - High Jump Kick
    - Crunch
    - Fake Out
    - Detect

VGC 14 Rules team

Rotom-W w/Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    Evs: HP 248/SpA 28/SpD 232
    Nature: Modest
    - Light Screen
    - Thunder Bolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump

VGC 14 Rules team

Haxorus w/Lum Berry
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Evs: HP 120/Atk 252/Spe 136
    Nautre: Adamant
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Poison Jab
    - Earthquake

VGC 14 Rules team

Nidoking w/Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Evs: HP 4/Atk 252/Spe 252
    Nature: Adamant
    - Earthquake
    - Rockslide
    - Megahorn
    - Poison Jab

VGC 14 Rules team

Noivern w/Wide Lens
    Ability: Infiltrator
    Evs: Def 4/SpA 252/Spe 252
    Nature: Serious
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Focus Blast
    - Hurricane
    - U-turn/Roost

First I wanna address Noivern and Scrafty's natures. Noivern was bred a a time when I was feeling particularly lazy and corner-cutty, and I got the EVs I wanted and was like "nailed it." Scrafty has Brave simply to take advantage of trick room.

Ok, let me quickly go over how I play this. I start with Scrafty and one other Poke. Scrafty fakes out their attacker to give whoever else the chance to set up. I typically go with Alakazam, Rotom-W, or Haxorus. I know some people are skeptical of Haxorus, but once he set up one or two DDs he's unstoppable and has the highest attack in the OU.

Noivern and Nidoking are there simply to round out the team with good special and physical type coverage.

Back