• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Chrome

Where/When should Beta 1.0 End?

• The Second Gym

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • The Third Gym

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Come on! Just release it now!

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I honestly don't care.

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years

Pokemon Chrome

34yd9x2.png

492-sky.png
Information
492-sky.png

Name: Pokemon Chrome
Hack of:Fire Red [BPRE]
Author:Shiny Quagsire

492-sky.png
Storyline
492-sky.png

The region of Ferrum is full of lush, green scenery. Each year, a SHAYMIN comes to restore the region's beauty after each harsh, cold winter. But, an unexpected team named TEAM ASCUS comes and steals the SHAYMIN, leaving the region in peril. As you journey, you will witness this catastrophe, and vow to save the region of Ferrum...

As you train, you notice something in the water. It appears to be a reflection of something that isn't there... but how is that possible? You lunge toward it, but the reflection flees. It come toward you, and rises out, revealing a MAGNETON. But how could it survive under the water? The mystery gets ever more deeper that you expected...

492-sky.png
Features
492-sky.png

1. Complete Sinnoh Pokemon! (No more charmander sounding chimchars :p)
  2. New cries!
  3. New Worldmap!
  4. Music from all generations! ~claps~
  5. Overworld Changing (There is a bug with running though :()
  6. RTC Clock
  7. D/N Pokemon
  8. Headbutt trees
  9. Easter Eggs!

492-land.png
Media
492-land.png

Spoiler:

[/spoiler]

bugthumb.png
Bugs
bugthumb.png

Known Major Bugs (The big nasty ones that have nasty effects):
  • After viewing the menu on route 202, the person controls a bug catcher Fixed :)

Known Minor Bugs (These bugs just bother people, but don't effect gameplay):
  • After viewing the town map, the bag's pallet is messed up.
  • The text goes over the message box (This is common in the game, so don't fret over it.)
bugthumb.png
How to report bugs:
bugthumb.png

To report a bug, fill out this form:
Code:
Bug: <Name of some sort>
When encountered: <When did you encounter the bug?>
Effect: <Some effect>
How to do it: <Steps of how to do this>
The bug will be posted as soon as possible, and hopefully fixed. :)

492-land.png
Userbars
492-land.png

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://www.thepokemonboard.com/showthread.php?t=424"][IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2231/pokemonchromeuserbar.png[/IMG][/URL]
[/PLAIN]

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://www.thepokemonboard.com/showthread.php?t=424"][IMG]http://mtinc.webs.com/support.PNG[/IMG][/URL]
[/PLAIN]

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://www.thepokemonboard.com/showthread.php?t=424"][IMG]http://mtinc.webs.com/support2.PNG[/IMG][/URL]
[/PLAIN]

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://www.thepokemonboard.com/showthread.php?t=424"][img]http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/70280.gif[/img][/URL]
[/PLAIN]

492-land.png
Claims
492-land.png

• Second fire red hack to have animated pokemon
  • First fire red hack to manipulate the RTC >8)
  • The first hack with season change

492-land.png
Updates
492-land.png

New Years Update!

Alright, a new years update! Since I'm waiting for my mapper, I really couldn't do much progress, but this update will be key to the events in Chrome.

Flashback Greyscale

Recently I found out how to easily harness the greyscale from the "Previously on Your Journey" scene, and used it to make a greyscale flashback whenever I want! I also removed the previously on your journey thing because it was very buggy, and crashed my game a lot. Since screenshots don't show ASM real easily, I made a neat video!

492-land.png
Downloads
492-land.png

None Yet. :(

492-land.png
Credits
492-land.png

Interdpth,ZodiacDaGreat,and Mastermind_X - For their wonderful RTC and day/night
Hackmew - For the wonderful tools
Wichu - For his awesome tools
Team Snag'em - For their tools
AlexAhnon - For his indexed D/P sprites
JPAN - His awesome hacked engine
Disturbed - For his pretty ROM base
Astar - For his wonderful HP Bars!
Flygon - Mapping
874321 - Tiles
Zein - Tiles
Erma96 - Tiles
ME! - For being awesome :P
YOU! - If I forgot to credit you, please tell me!
I hate to steal other's stuff. Just PM me, and I'll edit you in there. ;)
WHO? - If you want to know where something came from in the game, just ask. :)

Last edited:

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
oh I see you finally decided to put this in pokemon community.
I love how this hack is so brilliant I also love the d\n system and rtc included the animation. Good luck

Years
I like that you edited the DN Palettes so there're lights in the windows, but I think, if you haven't tried already, you should edit the palette of the door, too, so it has a light in it as well.
I also like that you're replacing the cries. It's not too big a deal to have, as you say, Charmander sounding Chimchars, but it's a nice touch. Good luck!

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
Years
this hack looks great!
i love the story so far,leaves the reader hanging.
good luck and i hope it gets finished.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
OH! I thought it was already on PC because it looks so good. Looks like it was only on PHO? Anyways, nice to see the hack here now! ;D

Awesome

has divided by zero.
Years
The title screen looks a bit plain, but then again, it is just an image, it might have some cool animation in the background for all I know.
I don't really understand the 2nd part/paragraph of the storyline.
And I wish you good luck, screens look very nice.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
OH! I thought it was already on PC because it looks so good. Looks like it was only on PHO? Anyways, nice to see the hack here now! ;D
Yeah, forgot to post it here :)

The title screen looks a bit plain, but then again, it is just an image, it might have some cool animation in the background for all I know.
I don't really understand the 2nd part/paragraph of the storyline.
And I wish you good luck, screens look very nice.
The titlescreen was taken a bit too early. It does have an animation in the background. And in the second part, the magneton turns from a reflection into, well, an actual magneton. ;)

I like that you edited the DN Palettes so there're lights in the windows, but I think, if you haven't tried already, you should edit the palette of the door, too, so it has a light in it as well.
I also like that you're replacing the cries. It's not too big a deal to have, as you say, Charmander sounding Chimchars, but it's a nice touch. Good luck!

It was mostly because I couldn't stand hearing misplaced cries, such as Ruby Destiny, when they have the ultimate legendary, it's a doduo cry, which bugged me. :( I'm trying to edit the door at the moment, but it isn't a priority.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
It looks great, and the game seems to be very advanced (D/N system,all pokemon in FR hack, RTC clock in FR...) but the FRLG graphics kinda bug me.
I don't know why but this game looks great, and in my opinion 4th gen pokemon graphics (PDPt, HGSS) would suite it waaay better then FR graphics...
Anyway wish you best of luck on the hack!

Years
I don't think he means the hack will have 493 Pokemon, he means that the Sinnoh Pokemon that ARE present will have their own cries, ie they'll be like proper Sinnoh Pokemon, as opposed to replacements of other Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Love the presentation. Calm and neat. :3

This is looking good particularly. Just a need a bit of improvement and I'm sure it'll do great! :D

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Bump to first page!

Progress So Far:

Right now, my beta testers are checking for any bugs in the game, so for that duration, I'll be moving a bit slower than usual. I've been on a three week vacation, So I'm just getting back into the flow again :)

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Sigh, bump again... >8(

New Tiles = New Game!

I added some new tiles to my game, and boy do they look beautiful! But words can't explain a picture right? (It's worth 1,000 words, and I don't have time for that :p)
2ynkrw9.png

2ugcimw.png

3492gcj.png

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
looking forward to the hack nice features too. but you are going to change the pokecenter palletes and stuff etc right? i think the grass tree palletes could do a little bit better but thats just me ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back