• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed: Nintendask Edition

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021
    Pokemon FireRed: Nintendask Edition

Hello, Pokemon Community! Long time watcher, first time poster. A while back I created a relatively straightforward hack that I put together for a Nintendo-related tumblr ask community wherein over 50 artists created custom Pokemon to put into FireRed. The goal of the project was to create a fun community hack where members of the community could get a chance to see Pokemon creations based off of their characters put into a game that they could actually play and enjoy. The result? A hack of FireRed that replaces the original 150 with more than 240 custom Pokemon.
    So if you're looking to play through Pokemon FireRed with a fresh roster of never before seen Pokemon to catch and train, this complete hack just might be your cup of tea. Enjoy!

Features:
    -More than 240 custom Pokemon replacing the original 150 in the game. As there were so many different artists for the project, and the whole thing was for fun, the quality of the Pokemon designs vary drastically.
    -Updated typing including Fairies
    -Physical/Special Split
    -Boatloads of Gen 4-6 moves and abilities

Plot and dialogue are mostly unchanged except for decapitalization and a few other minor things. Pokemon menu icons range from being custom made for a Pokemon to one of several generic icons that were used for multiple Pokemon. So if multiple Pokemon have the same menu icon, that's why.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
    -Post-Game plot can be accessed before beating the Elite 4. (Though I think of it more as a feature than a bug.)
    -Teachy TV doesn't work right and can crash your game. Don't open it.
    -Egg has the wrong Palette in hatching scene.
    -Pokemon sprites in ending have the wrong palette/sprites.
    -Some Pokemon images are improperly positioned in the dex.
    -Flying animation is bugged.
    -Flash doesn't appear on the menu when you try to get a Pokemon to use it. There's just a blank space. It still works though.
    -Some dialogue is not properly decapitalized.

Links of relative importance:
    -Project Main Page
    -Project FAQ page
    -List of all Pokemon in-game as well as artist/spriter credits
    -In-game locations of all Pokemon (Spoilers!)

Tools used:
    -MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase
    -Advance Map
    -Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor
    -Advanced Pokémon Icon Editor
    -Pokémon Gen IIII Hacking Suite
    -Item Editor
    -Nameless Sprite Editor
    -OverworldEditor
    -GBA Pokémon Game Editor
    -Unnamed Trainer Editor
    -A-Trainer
    -XSE

Download link:
    The following link is for the IPS patch. You'll need your own FireRed 1.0 rom and ips patcher to apply.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y9uabc342vmlfw5/Pokemon_Nintendask_Edition_1.1(2).ips

Last edited:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • wow more then 240 custom pokemon wow this looks really looks good the custom sprites are as you say very different but thats what i love about pokemon games anyway they have such a wide variety of pokemon anyway so why not add even more.

Any other plans with this hack?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021
    wow more then 240 custom pokemon wow this looks really looks good the custom sprites are as you say very different but thats what i love about pokemon games anyway they have such a wide variety of pokemon anyway so why not add even more.

Any other plans with this hack?

Thank you! The whole project was done for fun, so even if not all the sprites look great it made a ton of people ecstatic to see their creations in a Pokemon game!

At the moment I don't have any further plans. While it would be cool to create a custom region with a whole new plot and such, I don't have the technical know-how or the time. (At least, not yet.) I suppose if someone wanted to they could use this as a base for their own hack.

this is complete?

Yep. All done.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Downloaded this today. While the fakemon quality is very different per fakemon, I think it works well, and I really like a lot of them, even if they are a lot like they actual character. I think this makes it kind of cool though. I really like guyus and the kirby zubat one! I'm current using guyus, livleaf, spiket, ratscal, and cudike. I'm in cerulean tunnel now!

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    "-Reusable TM's"

Nope, they are not. Used Bullet Seed TM and it was consumed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Amazing, can't wait to play this.

I don't know if you're still working on this, but I got a suggestion: what if the pokedex entry for each pokemon shows their base stats (and maybe extra info like abilities)? That way actually catching pokemon itself would be really useful.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021
    Amazing, can't wait to play this.

I don't know if you're still working on this, but I got a suggestion: what if the pokedex entry for each pokemon shows their base stats (and maybe extra info like abilities)? That way actually catching pokemon itself would be really useful.

Alas, I'm not. That idea would be really cool though. Not sure how to implement that though. For now, if you do want to check abilities/base stats you can find them here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    i would like to try playing this but i get to the point where Oak appears and i get a fatal error. this is with a different Emulator then Visual boy. i get white screen with visual boy

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Ah yeah, another Fakemon hack, this pleases me greatly.

Best of luck and hope to see this improve (if not, at least it is completed for the most part).

Back