• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TRAVELING

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Basketball! Do you like basketball? Have you played it, or do you watch it, or both? If you've played, when did you learn?

When I had to do sports in gym, b-ball was always my preference, along with football if it wasn't cold. Both of those games were great in high school, since our school had two huge gymnasiums and a giant (American) football field, and honestly even when it was cold it was always dry so it was a lot more tolerable to be outdoors.

As for the title, this was one of my worst habits as a rookie in basketball. I remember my gym partner sophomore year was way better at B-Ball than me but he was like a foot shorter than me so he'd always give me a hard time for my learning curve....

Years
  • I love playing basketball. I find it hard to watch, though. Playing it is great because it's a really fast paced game to play with loads of moving around, while cricket, if you're not a bowler, is standing for 4 hours and then maybe batting for a bit. If you're a bludger, that's perfect, but not me. And those, along with tennis, swimming, and water polo, are my options for summer sports every year. So I always come back to basketball.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I enjoy basketball, but I prefer watching over playing. Every day at college there are guys playing basketball in the gym and I have no interest. The Chinese foreign exchange students take the game serious, they play every Friday night and have two students as referees, and the game is intense. Anyways, my favorite type of basketball to watch is college basketball, I'm a huge UK Wildcat fan, and they are kicking ass this season! They've beaten almost every team by 10 points, and I can't wait to see them win the tournament. I like NBA too though, my roommate lives in Memphis and we plan to see the Grizzlies play at least once this semester.

I remember playing in High school and middle school too. I played 8th. grade ball and I remember there was this one kid who made the team because he could dunk. We would just pass him the ball and he would dunk on everyone else. Then in high school there was this league between the school and there were like 10 intramural teams with funny names. Then I moved schools and sports were oblivious....

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i probably started playing around when i was five or six for the ymca and i played with them for about 2 years. i played on a boys and girls team which actually kind of sucked. like the dudes only passed the ball to each other so I never really got any play time. my last year on the boys and girls team we were the undefeated "fireballs". we were the shit no lie. i think my next year of basketball I was on an all girls team and i loved it, i actually got the ball and scored on the wrong side many times (actually the only time I scored but w/e). the next few years all i remember is after the games my dad always critiquing my playing and i hated it he never congratulated me on doing anything. around 6th or 7th grade I decided to quit and ever since then my dad has rarely came to any of my sports events. he always talks about how i could've played college and it really sucks. i kinda wish i did gymnastics or softball instead earlier instead of wasting my time.

Back