• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DELELELELEWOOOOOP ? Bug Pokémon Fan Club

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
Years
  • I actually haven't used these two in a team either. oO Which is strange; I'm moreso a fan of Escavalier than Accelgor but never really had any "space" (so to speak) to fit it into a potential team of mine. Escavalier seems pretty nifty to use... I guess what bothered me more or less was how slow it was, and that its only good move to use is Megahorn (so you would just Megahorn spam everything that doesn't resist it), and I think Iron Head...?

Yeah, I'd think Megahorn and Iron Head on Escavalier would pretty good. Maybe combined with Trick Room, too. I might want to pair it up with a Dusknoir somehow, get these slow-guys to start hitting first.
    Accelgor is quite the opposite on the other hand, haha. The only move I know it has that can make it formidable is... Bug Buzz? I suppose with Accelgor it's more hit 'em fast and hard?

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    The best thing about bug types: Opponents underestimate them, thus don't know what to expect.
    My favorite bug type: Crustle
    My bug type starter:
    dwebble.gif

I even have a mono bug team.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Strategically, my favourite Bug-type to use is either Scizor or Volcarona. Scizor has a nice Mega, and Volcarona has some nifty moves, like Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, and Giga Drain.

Since this is my fifth post, may I add a Heracross to my collection?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The best thing about bug types: Opponents underestimate them, thus don't know what to expect.
    My favorite bug type: Crustle
    My bug type starter:
    dwebble.gif

I even have a mono bug team.
    What pokémon are on your mono bug team? :D

Posting here to evolve my bug into an amazing Volcarona 8D

... I'm doing this right, right?
    Yes! You now have a Volcarona, woooow

Strategically, my favourite Bug-type to use is either Scizor or Volcarona. Scizor has a nice Mega, and Volcarona has some nifty moves, like Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, and Giga Drain.

Since this is my fifth post, may I add a Heracross to my collection?
    I still think it's a pity that Scizor can't fly );

Heracross is now yours!

new topic:
    If we would make some pokémon honorary bugs, what pokémon would they be?

Basically, are there pokémon you think should be bug type but aren't? Personally I'd say Vibrava and Flygon! Dragon/Bug, as they look like.

Adam Levine

Years
  • I also agree with Vibrava and Flygon's proposed typing. Imo, no matter how terrible they would perform in battle, Fomantis and Lurantis might as well be Bug.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Eeek! I forgot about this thread! xD

Hmmm I'm not really sure, Vibrava and Flygon would've been my choices for making honorary bug-types. I suppose I would say Gliscor since at first I thought it was a bug type cause of the anime and its access to X-Scissor. Plus its a scorpion essentially which last I checked was a bug!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    What's the best thing about bug pokémon: They have both Cute and Cool pokemon, for whatever mood I'm in :D
    Favorite bug pokémon: Cutiefly, or Ledian as of gen 6.
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter: Ledyba

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • What's the best thing about bug pokémon: The typing has some cool advantages ans weaknesses imo, and most of the Bugs are cute or cool!
    Favorite bug pokémon: Theres so many, probably Mothim and Joltik?
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter: Venonat

Have you ever had your soul stolen by looking into the hole in the back of Shedinja?
    Unfortunatly yes. But I lived!

If we would make some pokémon honorary bugs, what pokémon would they be?

I agree with Gligar and Vibrava. Maybe Scoropi line, as Im unsure what their types are. (I almost said druddigon i have cannot remember its name......)

FireSnow

Years
  • I agree with Gligar and Vibrava. Maybe Scoropi line, as Im unsure what their types are. (I almost said druddigon i have cannot remember its name......)

Skorupi is actually a Poison/Bug type but then evolves into a Poison/Dark type in the form of Drapion. Though I really like that typing as a whole, I think its weird that it changed types like that, when it is quite clearly another scorpion, which is a bug, and evolves from a Bug type as well! Drapion is for sure an honorary Bug type

Adam Levine

Years
  • Eeek! I forgot about this thread! xD

Hmmm I'm not really sure, Vibrava and Flygon would've been my choices for making honorary bug-types. I suppose I would say Gliscor since at first I thought it was a bug type cause of the anime and its access to X-Scissor. Plus its a scorpion essentially which last I checked was a bug!

Taxonomically speaking, scorpions are arachnids, but then again, some spider-based Pokémon, and even centipedes, are Bug-types.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aa we haven't gotten more bugs in Alola so far. Not even Alola forms of Kanto bugs.

What bug pokémon from older gens do you think could be fun to see with Alola forms? (:

FireSnow

Years
  • I really feel like Butterfree and Ariados could make for some good Alolan Pokemon.

Not really sure for types on those two, maybe an Ice type for Ariados and Psychic for Butterfree in addition to Bug type? Either way, those two could use a little love

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Well look at me joining a club, what year is it?

What's the best thing about bug pokémon: I like a lot of their designs and they prove quite capable of taking down Psychic-types.

Favorite bug pokémon: Gotta be Beedrill, and specifically it's Mega Evolution.

Choose an unevolved bug as your starter:
    weedle.gif

What bug pokémon from older gens do you think could be fun to see with Alola forms?

I think Heracross or Pinsir would be cool, but I don't think that would happen because they have Megas already. I think they could do some interesting things with Scolipede as well.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • What bug pokémon from older gens do you think could be fun to see with Alola forms?
    Maybe a Venonat/Venomoth, and Shuckle. Just because. :P

I really feel like Butterfree and Ariados could make for some good Alolan Pokemon.

An Alolan Ariados would be so neat, but I feel won't possibly happen just because (well, aside from so far Alola variants only being gen 1) Guzma was shown to be using one in one of the trailers, and it was just a regular Ariados. :')

EDIT:
    Oh, might I evolve my Venipede to Whirlipede? :D

FireSnow

Years
  • An Alolan Ariados would be so neat, but I feel won't possibly happen just because (well, aside from so far Alola variants only being gen 1) Guzma was shown to be using one in one of the trailers, and it was just a regular Ariados. :')

Oh true, I forgot about Guzma using one. I'm hoping they branch into gen 2 a little bit though at least since Gen 2 doesn't get as much love as other gens I feel like. Otherwise I'll have to pin all my Bug type hopes on Butterfree getting an Alolan form.

Adam Levine

Years
  • (Rip me my topics won't be answered)

What bug pokémon from older gens do you think could be fun to see with Alola forms?

Butterfree. I would imagine how pretty it could work. Also Venomoth.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • A but type club?
    I am in!! :3

What's the best thing about bug pokémon: Heuh.... I just like these Pokemon! I am not a strategic player, I play with the Pokemon I like and I realized I love a lot of bug types :3
    Favorite bug pokémon: Well.. Ledian is so cute, I wish it could be better at battling.. My favorites are: Yanmega, Armaldo and Vespiquen.
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter:I'll choose Yanma <3

By the way, Kricketune has the best cry in the world!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well look at me joining a club, what year is it?

What's the best thing about bug pokémon: I like a lot of their designs and they prove quite capable of taking down Psychic-types.

Favorite bug pokémon: Gotta be Beedrill, and specifically it's Mega Evolution.

Choose an unevolved bug as your starter:
    weedle.gif

I think Heracross or Pinsir would be cool, but I don't think that would happen because they have Megas already. I think they could do some interesting things with Scolipede as well.
    Hahha glad to see you here <333

I guess pokemon with Mega forms won't be getting Alola forms. Also it really seems to only be Kanto mons );

Maybe a Venonat/Venomoth, and Shuckle. Just because. :P

An Alolan Ariados would be so neat, but I feel won't possibly happen just because (well, aside from so far Alola variants only being gen 1) Guzma was shown to be using one in one of the trailers, and it was just a regular Ariados. :')

EDIT:
    Oh, might I evolve my Venipede to Whirlipede? :D
    I wonder what an Alola Ariados would look like, and what typing it could have. Water/Bug? Running across the waves kinda.

I'll evolve your Venipede c:

A but type club?
    I am in!! :3

What's the best thing about bug pokémon: Heuh.... I just like these Pokemon! I am not a strategic player, I play with the Pokemon I like and I realized I love a lot of bug types :3
    Favorite bug pokémon: Well.. Ledian is so cute, I wish it could be better at battling.. My favorites are: Yanmega, Armaldo and Vespiquen.
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter:I'll choose Yanma <3

By the way, Kricketune has the best cry in the world!
    butt type club (8

Bug types are smart~ I'l give you a Yanma!

By the way, RHCP, what do you mean by...Club Events? :D

Hmmmmm well we could have some kind of contest or challenge and those who complete the challenge or win the contest can get a Genesect or Alola pokémon? :D

Back