• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
1)Chespin will become a Rock type
2)Probably that ninfia is the only eeveelution and uses the flying as the fake part
3)Helioptile will become bigger but ''arbok's neck'' might mean it will become a frilled lizard
4)Spritzee will have a split evo?
5)What we already know
6)The Biggest Scoop will indeed be next month(Eating ice cream)but apparently will be dissapointing(Hopefully thats the fake part)
7)Stantler becomes fairy?Evolves into fairy?

Serebii have already branded those rumors as fake iirc.
Nope check:http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...EMENT-Pokemon-XY-RUMORS-amp-FAKE-SCANS-Thread

Years
My best guess:

1)Chespin will become a Rock type. Fake. (Pokebeach leak says dark. Honestly, I want steel!!!!)
2)Slyveon is the only eeveelution, or is "flying solo" Fake. (Though, may allude to flying eeveelutions)
3)Helioptile will become bigger but ''arbok's neck'' might mean it will become a frilled lizard. True. (Seems apparent)
4)Spritzee will have a split evo. ??? (This is the only one I an on the fence about. I understand how the plague doctor vs healer aspect would tie into this. It seems like Swirlix would also need a split evo given it is a counter part. But I am having trouble thinking of a counterpart to a cotton candy poodle, maybe like a feminine fairy vs voracious hound.)
5) Xerneas creation of life & Yveltal destruction of life. True. (Essentially confirmed.)
6)The Scoop of the century will be a disappointment. False. (This better be false!)
7)Stantler has some connection to fairy type True. If false, then it alludes to a pre-evolution.

My guess, assuming it is true that some are false and some are true as the supposed leaker claims.The false statements, or at least, appear to be false, may be alluding to a truth. Why use the terminology "flying solo"? It is apparent in the flying-eeveelution reference.

Overall, this doesn't tell much, but that is usually a much better sign than some employee that lists have the pokedex; most of those types of leaks would entail an insider who is willing to risk his job for practically no benefit. Smaller leaks are usually a bit more likely to be true. Overall, the only piece of info that I am most intrigued about is the split evos for Spritzee, and most likely, Swirlix, if true. Other than that, there isn't much here.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I don't believe any of that rumor. Anyway i have a rumor/speculation for this. Here it is:

First i have this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IabkLMEHcA

then this:
original.jpg

then a pokemon originally going to be in gold/silver

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Alpha_kurusu.png

It's rumored/speculated that this pokemon who was replaced by totadile has been revamped and is what we see in the 2nd picture. Your thoughts? Also can someone tell me where the x and y general chat and speculation forum went, i was gone for a week.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
If they do make Chespin's line part Rock type I'll be annoyed because it's so obvious that Fennekin's gonna be Fire/Psychic and not so obvious that Froakie's gonna be Water/Fighting. I honestly hope they're Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting because it's something new-ish.

Grass/Rock ):< n o p

Where are the fake scans of Swirlix; does no one love him?! :(

EDIT:

zoroarkrules25 said:
I don't believe any of that rumor. Anyway i have a rumor/speculation for this. Here it is:

First i have this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IabkLMEHcA

then this:
original.jpg

then a pokemon originally going to be in gold/silver

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...pha_kurusu.png

It's rumored/speculated that this pokemon who was replaced by totadile has been revamped and is what we see in the 2nd picture. Your thoughts? Also can someone tell me where the x and y general chat and speculation forum went, i was gone for a week.

I honestly doubt it's a new Pokemon; it's probably the creators lack of detail for that particular scene in the anime, although if your theory were true it would be awesome!

And it's here but it was closed.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Ok thanks for the info. You may be right about a lack of detail though. I am still hoping they bring it back and the other fire bear who was replaced by cyndaquil.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If they do make Chespin's line part Rock type I'll be annoyed because it's so obvious that Fennekin's gonna be Fire/Psychic and not so obvious that Froakie's gonna be Water/Fighting. I honestly hope they're Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting because it's something new-ish..

It was also so obvious that Emboar was Dark type. Really there is no proof to situate on any secondary type. Watch Fennekin will be pure Fire or even some Medicham like Fire/Fighting Taoist looking Renamon clone. Based on the newest rumors of it being "wizardy" Fairy has a pretty good chance. Only clue we have to Fennekin being psychic is it can use Psychic as shown in a battle trailer, which...almost anything worth giving a Special Attack Stat focus can do and a ghostly ambiguous attack from the original trailer which what pushed Froakie being Fighting type despite the fact it used a Normal type attack which was revealed later on.

Chespin also learns a Rock attack that usually passes around to ball like Pokemon or Pokemon that can curl into a ball. Still has more potential than Psychic being on Fennekin proving its Psychic typing.

If Fennekin is Psychic I do not see them adding a Dark type into the starter set. Giving an Immunity over another starter doesn't seem like something they'd ever try to do as the starters are usually more balanced than that. If Fennekin is Psychic, chances of Dark appearing aren't very high.

Years
Spoiler:

Watchog in the enlarged pictures, is standing behind a man who is on the left side of the airplane ramp. That man is not in the zoomed out picture. Perhaps, the preview cut several frames in order to condense the preview. The actual anime may be more detail oriented.

Though, my guess is that the white pokemon is a Swirlix evolution; it does look like a French poodle.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
It was also so obvious that Emboar was Dark type. Really there is no proof to situate on any secondary type. Watch Fennekin will be pure Fire or even some Medicham like Fire/Fighting Taoist looking Renamon clone. Based on the newest rumors of it being "wizardy" Fairy has a pretty good chance. Only clue we have to Fennekin being psychic is it can use Psychic as shown in a battle trailer, which...almost anything worth giving a Special Attack Stat focus can do and a ghostly ambiguous attack from the original trailer which what pushed Froakie being Fighting type despite the fact it used a Normal type attack which was revealed later on.

Chespin also learns a Rock attack that usually passes around to ball like Pokemon or Pokemon that can curl into a ball. Still has more potential than Psychic being on Fennekin proving its Psychic typing.

If Fennekin is Psychic I do not see them adding a Dark type into the starter set. Giving an Immunity over another starter doesn't seem like something they'd ever try to do as the starters are usually more balanced than that. If Fennekin is Psychic, chances of Dark appearing aren't very high.

Don't rule it out tbh; so what if there's an immunity involved. We know they're trying new things this Gen and having those specific secondary typings allows that Pokemon to hit the Pokemon it would be weak to super effectively. So now Froakie can hit Chespin, Chespin can hit Fennekin and so on, all for super effective damage.

And Chespin can learn Rollout, that doesn't really mean anything tbh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

And they gave Swampert a 4x weakness against a fellow starter, how is that balanced? An immunity isn't that big considering Fennekin evolution will still have fire attacks which it can use to knock out Chespin's evolution with.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yeah I'm not really too concerned about the secondary types being balance. That doesn't really seem like it has ever been a main focus when the picked out the secondary typings. If anything it'd just be similar to the legendaries where making them balanced wasn't really a primary focus. Having the immunity really wouldn't be that big of a deal.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I dont think anyone else posted this but remember the professor Patrice the leaker was talking about?
july_p12_03.jpg

Maybe she is like that professor that inspected dreams but now she gives you info about the global link

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I dont think anyone else posted this but remember the professor Patrice the leaker was talking about?
july_p12_03.jpg

Maybe she is like that professor that inspected dreams but now she gives you info about the global link

Quite possibly! Same-ish role as that professor from B/W, the Dream World chick... forget her name.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
And they gave Swampert a 4x weakness against a fellow starter, how is that balanced? An immunity isn't that big considering Fennekin evolution will still have fire attacks which it can use to knock out Chespin's evolution with.

Swampert also has 2 ways to kill Blazekin given that both of his types are SE to Fire while Sceptile didn't get any new bonus to balance out their bonuses. Same in Gen 4 where Empoleon gained Steel which neutralized his Fire resistance and Torterra loss his Water resistance. The secondary types were made to balance out the others in some way. Immunity does not balance out in any way shape or form and goes against everything the Starters stand for.

Its not something they'd do and is one of the things that would be out of the question.

@Jay...I don't think she's a professor. I think she'll be a news reporter that works with Alexa. Like Alexa is the on site news reporter and that lady is the Anchor that works with Alexa from the news room.

Also, Fennel was a researcher not a Professor.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Fennel is the name!
Can the ones who make the PC storage considered professors as well?

They're usually considered researchers, not Professors. That was a mistake on my part. The reporter aspect makes sense, I didn't even notice the microphone in front of her, and her whole look does seem more 'professional'.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Fennel is the name!
Can the ones who make the PC storage considered professors as well?

None of the PC developers were Professors. Amnita, Fennels' assistant and the PC developer for Unova, wasn't a professor. I think Bill was classified as a Pokemaniac, Bebe was a researcher from memory and the chick from Hoenn.....Lanette was a Researcher as well. All of their research went into the storage system though and wasn't anything major like a Professor's research. The only two Professors from Black and White series were the Professor Junipers, both Cedric and his daughter.

B2W2 added another Researcher who was a Pseudo antagonistColress and Bianca as a Professor's assistant/Aid.

Years
So am I the only one disappointing in that mystery gamefreak site with the horse=like siloutte?

Solitaire horse racing????? REALLY??!?!

Ugh, I was hoping for pokemon-related collaberation. Any side projects are an allocation of GF resources away from pokemon one's :(

Back