• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Original] Bard's Short Story Selection

Years
  • The fuck did I just read? Lol no, I understood most of those sentences. "If you throw glass stones in glass houses, what breaks?" & "I don't give up, I gave up on giving up." I liked, "I spout psychological nonsense because no one I know knows." & "I'm not digging my own grave, I'm digging towards China." I found kind of funny. "I spout psychological nonsense because no one I know knows." yeah I got lost, im kinda slow

Years
  • Holy cow, I just stumbled upon this, and I think I'm in love.
    Seriously though, I think I might try something like this on my own! These are really funny!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I am so slow oh my god I didn't realize the ten-word sentences formed a story xD Though the first three lines did throw me off since they weren't about the bread story. I chuckled at the first one; love a good self-roast.

Burnt Out Brains edition was very cyberpunk. And it's scary because I know that mocks our current reality. To be able to weave in humour while suggesting grim undertones... I like it. More than the next story, I feel. :3

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    While I like what you're doing overall, doesn't serializing them defeat the whole exercise? The form changes from really short stories to a longer story in which all sentences are ten words. I like the overall picture that it paints, but I can't say I enjoy the sentences too much as stand-alone pieces.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Hmm... I'm a bit iffy to comment on the haikus because it seems you focused more on the technical form (5-7-5 syllables, and using 10 words on top of that), rather than juxtaposition of images or what is called "cutting" -- the essence of a haiku.

I like
    "I'm understanding
    That everything I have learned
    Is only nothing."

Though like I said, I can't really consider them to be haikus, more of ten word sentences with line breaks.

Back