• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen need the safari gate restoration game genie code converted to gameshark

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    I don't think there's a code to open the gates.

You need to enter the world of hacking to do so.
    There's no text data for a sign saying Safari Gate Open or something.

All that needs doing is placing a door on the park entrance. Then, you enter, but there's nothing to do there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    guys this is on my real gbc ? ( igot an a/r for £4.99 new and can easily replace cr2032's , already done so on my silver)

back in 2003 , when I used the above g.g code on a crystal v1.0 , the sign said "the safari zone is now open"

and when "raikou used dig" or "alakazam used teleport" or even "franky used escape rope" I could leave :) !!!!!

and trust me , if I knew how /where to get a flashing/save duming type of device , I would hack the rom inside of my own cart (emu's don't really give me much fun like my real Gameboy colour does , it doesn't feel as personal and I don't care about the savs , I use my pokemon I train , yes I don't cheat for leels up or encounters barring celebi ... I use them on stadium2 in the competition and link cable battle my brother who lives with me)

but yea if I could modify my rom on my cart , id put the top floors back in kanto radio / silph co and some nice events to go with

im pretty sure they had event data for these places through jap crystals mobile adaptor right?

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • and trust me , if I knew how /where to get a flashing/save duming type of device , I would hack the rom inside of my own cart (emu's don't really give me much fun like my real Gameboy colour does , it doesn't feel as personal and I don't care about the savs , I use my pokemon I train , yes I don't cheat for leels up or encounters barring celebi ... I use them on stadium2 in the competition and link cable battle my brother who lives with me)

but yea if I could modify my rom on my cart , id put the top floors back in kanto radio / silph co and some nice events to go with

Well, in this case, I think I'd recommend visiting https://www.k1gba.com. It's something I often find myself on the verge of purchasing because I really appreciate an actual handheld Nintendo device but enjoy romhacks and modified versions as opposed to the original Pokémon games. It's a Game Boy Advance SP that's been modified to accept rom files through a Micro SD card fitted inside of an ad hoc GBA cartridge. Very unique and cool. And they've come down in price a little bit in the past few months. I've found myself making my own personal modifications to a lot of the well known romhacks lately and I think I'll actually be purchasing one of these types of GBA clone items very soon.

Edit: There's also a more traditional GBA-looking version of this concept that can be found at https://www.revok101.com. This has a sideways orientation that characterized the original GBA, but does all the same things; emulates rom files for Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, Game Boy, Nintendo Entertainment System aka Famicom, and the Sega Master System. If you've got the desire to modify existing rom hacks or modify the original games but want to play on a handheld that's not a phone emulator, this is probably the way to go.

im pretty sure they had event data for these places through jap crystals mobile adaptor right?

That I've not heard of. I am aware that in Japan they had the ability to hook up their games to a cell phone and do different things, but the extent of the things they were capable of doing I'm not sure of. I would definitely be curious to see more info on that, though. I've only ever really heard of the GS Ball event. I'd love to hear what else was done with that technology.

Last edited:
    Back