• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Fastest Game Complete Time or Total Game Time (Red&Blue)

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I'm interested to hear everyone's fastest time that they beat our childhood game, or maybe you still have your file from when you were a kid and if so how many hours have you raked on to it? My Red Version no longer saves (I don't feel like opening it and risk damaging something to swap the battery inside) but I find that on average I can get a Gym Badge every 30 minutes. Haven't found a good strategy for the Elite 4 though, I just sort of get there and give up.

I'm not much of a speed runner but I have been trying to play the game as fast as I possibly can. I'd like to share strategies with someone if they'd be willing to post or message me even, thank you all for your time!

Guest123_x1

On my later playthroughs of Gen I games, I would usually beat the Elite Four in around 40-50 hours. However, on an early playing of Yellow, I racked up over 100 hours by the time I got to the final Gym (partially because I was stupid about how the game really should be played, and I was spoiling my Pikachu to the point where it got to level 65 by the time I reached the last Gym.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I didn't generally play through too quickly (I liked to take my time), so I'm not sure what my fastest time was. I think I had several hundred hours on Red total, though they were spread out over different save files (which are backed up on a Mega Memory Card somewhere). I do recall that my original file was at about 71 hours, though, as I remember comparing it to my friend's game (he only had 29 hours; evidently, I'd spent a lot more time doing random stuff than he did). I only had a couple dozen hours on Yellow (30-35, maybe?).

For challenges, I can generally beat Red in a couple of hours, but that's with sped-up game play, so I'm not sure how many in-game hours it amounts to.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    17 hours . 59 mins with ever pokemon owned, all traded not a single one matching my own id no hacking or glitches

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    During my first time completing Pokemon Red, it took me 38 hours. I might replay Pokemon Blue as quickly as possible with a completely different team. As for Pokemon Gold, I think it took about less than 30 - 40 hours to get all 16 badges and beating Red.

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    My fastest time on my Red game was about 16 real world hours, using the x3 speed on pokemon stadium. I did help that I had beaten all the games like 10 times already. So I know what pokemon to get at what time and how high a level they needed to be. So much fun.

Back