• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my team?

Chimcharguy

Chimchar Master
Years
  • On Diamond I wouldn't mnd improving movesets,items etc.
    Any suggestions (I'm not changing any Pokemon, I want THIS team)
    If you suggest something please tell me how to get it (location of TM or item) not just that I should get it...

My team is:
    Infernape -
    Flamethrower
    Flare Blitz
    Close Combat
    Dig
    Item: Fist Plate

Staraptor -
    Close Combat
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Brave Bird
    Item: Sky Plate

Luxray -
    Thunder Fang
    Thunderbolt
    Iron Tail
    Crunch
    Item: Razor Fang

Floatzel -
    Ice Fang
    Surf
    Crunch
    Waterfall
    Item: Icicle plate

Rampardos -
    Avalanche
    Zen Headbutt
    Rock Slide
    Head Smash
    Item: Tickets Incense

Garchomp -
    Crunch
    Dragon Rush
    Earthquake
    Draco Meteor
    Item: Draco Plate

Thanks.:)

Not tickets incense obviously, I meant rock. Stupid autocorrect on phone...

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • This kind of stuff belongs in the In-Game Team Help, as you're wanting help with your team that's in a game! So, I'm gonna move it to that forum. You should probably get more responses here than you would have done in the 4th Generation board. :D

Moving on up

Renegade1

#1 Noob!
    Years
  • The movesets seem a bit.... sameish to me.

I'll explain what I mean.

1) First all, why so many crunches? I get it's a good move, but is it really needed on so many 'mons? I'd look at alternative ways of lowering defenses.
    2)If you ignore Dig/Fly You practically have no defensive moves. You have no Sp Wall and no Physical Wall. It's just a team of sweepers, but that's you want. 'Don't wanna change lineup' And there's no wildcard really. :/ I mean a really random move you'd rarely use, and you only do when the situation is right.

It looks like a team of brute force. If I put a semi-decent mixed wall against that, you'd have trouble.

Of course, what do I know :P

Chimcharguy

Chimchar Master
    Years
  • A valid point, I was always planning to put a Good defensive Pokemon in there, I was going with a rock type then I wanted rampardos... my team kinda just ended up that way

Renegade1

#1 Noob!
    Years
  • Well Rampardos is a good all out attack 'mon imo. But so are many of your own.

Without a decent mixed def/Sp def or physical def? I guess your moves are good, but my point remains the same. You'll have problems against a serious battler DX They'll just wall you straight away :( By the time your crunches have their desired effect, you'll by 3-4 pokemon down, in my opinion.

As I said, what do I know :P

Back