• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slippery Room

Sitrus

is not sweet.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
This is just a nice little Hail and Trick Room team. Let me tell ya, the combination can be absolutely devastating, especially on teams based completely on Speed (and in fact, the only team I've faced that wasn't based on Speed was actual Trick Room teams).

This team can absolutely cripple most Sweepers. Considering they're based on Speed and usually sashed, it can completely ruin them.

Finally, and as a note, this team is made for Double Battles. If the criticism you made concerns only scenarios that would appear in a Single Battle, don't post it.

So... Now it's time to give you a little overview on my Slippery Room team.

Abomasnow@Focus Sash
Quiet
252 HP/52 Attack/200 Sp. Attack
Snow Warning
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Typical startoff for hail.

It wants to survive until Trick Room is set up, so the first turn it protects so it can become a pain. Earthquake is good in general, Blizzard gets it's Power doubled in hail, and it's hit ratio becomes 100. Giga Drain helps it live.

Reuniclus@Life Orb
Quiet
200 HP/56 Defense/252 Sp. Attack
Magic Guard
- Recover
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast

My first of two Pokemon to set up Trick Room. And it wants to survive. Like, bad.

First off, it has boosted Defense and HP EVs, which make good way for survival. Second, Magic Guard prevents damage from things like poisoning and burns. But here's the best part- Magic Guard allows Reuniclus to get the boost from it's Life Orb, but without recoil from it.

If it get's damaged, it'll be damaging first. It can then Recover. The other moves are there to take use of it's Sp. Attack EVs, and Life Orb boost.

Porygon2@Eviolite
Quiet
252 HP/82 Defense/176 Sp. Attack
Trace
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Blizzard
-Thunderbolt

Porygon2 is a bit more focused on surviving than attack power, but that's irrelevant. It has some pretty good Defense EVs and HP EVs, and with the Eviolite, it's a beast. It also has Recover, so you'll be seeing it out for quite a bit.

As this is my second Pokemon to set up Trick Room, it has it, obviously. Recover to become even more annoying, Blizzard for the same reason as Abomasnow, and Thunderbolt for no particular reason.

Gastrodon@Rindo Berry
Relaxed
200 HP/52 Attack/252 Sp. Attack
Storm Drain
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Scald

Gastrodon is an attacker who can survive. Not exactly focused on it. It has Recover to be annoying, Earthquake for a few reasons, Blizzard for the same reasons as Abomasnow and Porygon-2, and Scald because it's epic. Chsnce to burn? Yes please.

Also, Storm Drain increases Sp. Attack, directing all Water type moves to Gastroson and making it immune to them.

It's held item reduces the damage taken from Grass typed moves, giving it a chance to survive.

Escavalier@Choice Band
Brave
248 HP/252 Attack/8 Defense
Overcoat
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Aerial Ace
- Reversal

Set needs no explaining. It goes fast and hits hard. Overcoat also protects it from hail.

Eleketross@Life Orb
Brave
252 HP/72 Attack/182 Sp. Attack
Levitate
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
________

And that's my team.

Can I get any criticism on this?

Last edited:
Years
Eh, I'll give this a shot, though I don't play doubles, so my small bit of advice here may be useless.

Basically, why not Life Orb on Escavalier, unless you're playing with item clause, though I suppose he hits hard enough, and survivability is more important?

You only have two pokemon with trick room, and though I know doubles battles are generally shorter lasting than singles, it seems like you may want at least one more pokemon with it, considering its duration, though I don't know offhand who's on your team right now who can learn it but does not have it. Conversely, plugging a Whimsicott in somewhere lets you quickly set it up, and can force your opponent to choose whether to fire him or Abomasnow should they appear at the same time (though I know who I would choose).

Also, does having the flying gem negate the double damage bonus of Acrobatics? Not really, a criticism, just something I'm wondering.

Sitrus

is not sweet.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
According to Bulbapedia, it doesn't.

I'll look in to your criticism.

What Pokemon would you suggest to replace for Whimsicott?

And Escavalier probably would be better off with a Life Orb. I'll look into it.

Also, Whimsicott's superior stat is Speed, so I suppose I can give it a Lagging Tail.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
According to Bulbapedia, it doesn't.

I'll look in to your criticism.

What Pokemon would you suggest to replace for Whimsicott?

And Escavalier probably would be better off with a Life Orb. I'll look into it.

Also, Whimsicott's superior stat is Speed, so I suppose I can give it a Lagging Tail.

Prankster grants priority, even in Trick Room settings.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You can consider Giga Drain on Abomasnow so it can survive a bit more easily.

Steels laugh at Reuniclus, so you can use Focus Blast instead of Shadow Ball.

Escavalier is better going off all-out with Brave and 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def.

Archeops can pull the Flying Gem + Acrobatics combo better than Eelektross. I'd rather go with this:
-Thunderbolt/Wild Charge
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw/Hidden Power (Ice)
-Grass Knot/Brick Break
Nature: Brave/Quiet
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SAtk
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt/Leftovers

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm not a doubles player (and so I don't have much to say) but I wanted to point out that, iirc, Whimsicott's ability doesn't grant TR priority over regular moves. It simply lets it bounce up a priority bracket, meaning that TR will still be the same priority as Roar and Whirlwind (aka still slow). If the only reason you'd use Whimsicott is to get off a fast TR, then you shouldn't use it. It's still going to be useful, though, because Encore & Sub provide set-up opportunities for TR. It's just you won't be able to get in and assume you'll get off a fast TR. :)

Speed has no merit when you're using Prankster.

Also, tbh, I prefer Choice Band on Escavalier. The only things that are going to flat-out wall Megahorn (aka Skarmory) flat-out wall every other move Escavalier has anyway. It's better to just smash hard with Megahorn when you can because you're going to break everything anyway; Esca likes to keep as much of its health intact to abuse its 105/105 defenses, as well.

Good luck with your team!

Sitrus

is not sweet.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Any more suggestions? I'm gonna be making this team soon, so please tell me.

I also gave Abomasnow a Focus Sash. Especially with the Darmanitan+Sheer Force+Life Orb combo, Abomasnow needs it to at least attempt to get good damage on them.

It's also guaranteed to last more than one turn, because it's supposed to protect while either Reuniclus or Porygon2 set up Trick Room.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Any more suggestions? I'm gonna be making this team soon, so please tell me.

Have you tried battling on Pokemon Online? It gives you a chance to test your team and see how effective it is before actually making it in-game. That way, you can mostly save the trouble of making a Pokemon for your team, and then finding out it was absolutely useless. :)

Sitrus

is not sweet.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Have you tried battling on Pokemon Online? It gives you a chance to test your team and see how effective it is before actually making it in-game. That way, you can mostly save the trouble of making a Pokemon for your team, and then finding out it was absolutely useless. :)

I don't have access to a computer.

EDIT: Any feedback is needed, now. I'm making the team soon.

Last edited:
Back