• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    Mostly trash, but its such a great feeling when you end up getting great Pokemon in between.
    I've given away a few shiny Pokemon on there (All chain fished), and have received all of the starter Pokemon, eevee's, ralts, and some well EV/IV trained Pokemon. So it is a really nice feature on the game. I just wish there were less of the weedles and things floating around on there.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Well, after that incident trading a shiny Scyther, I was rewarded in return with a shiny Tododile! I was just trading of another batch of egg pokemon, and I stumbled upon this guy. Along with my favorite starter line, I got a couple of other starters and some other pokemon from previous generations.

Toast1229

Explorer Scholar Gentleman
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    For some odd reason almost all I get in wonder trades are protean Froakies. Best trade I've gotten is and axew for a forretress.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I've just been given a 5IV (HP, Def, SAtt, SDef, Spd) Fennekin ^_^

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Had a good run with the Wonder Trade for a while, then got lots of stuff that was either crap or things I already have, but now I got 2 things that are kinda nice: A Misdreavus and a Feebas.

I don't really have any use for either (have my own EV trained Mismagius and Milotic on Black2, but I'm not terribly interested in using them for competitve battles, so I don't need perfect ones), but perhaps I'll breed them a bit and send those into WT or trade them to people who want one on PC.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I have been having fun with Wonder Trade for a while now, at least an hour a day I'll spend Wonder Trading.... just yesterday I Wonder Traded a box 2/3rd's full of Mienfoo (19 Mienfoo and the others where a few extra bred Pokemon I had left over - 2 Buizel, 2 Zorua, 3 Patrat, 2 Purrloin) and got a few Pokemon I needed for my PokeDex.

Some Pokemon I got in return (that I didn't have that is) - Dusclops, Abra, Spiritomb, Golem, Tepig.

Not sure who I wonder traded today [don't remember the other's name], sent Tyrogue and got Chimchar. Another starter I didn't have.

My first wonder trade: I traded shiny Poliwhirl and got a Japanese Eevee - I prefered Eevee over Poliwhirl (so at least for me it was good)

edit traded away my newly hatched Zangoose got Cyndaquil in return (now I have all fire starters)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Probably my favorite wonder trade acquisition was my Japanese 5IV Fennekin, but he has Blaze as his ability. Guess I need to cross breed him with a Magician female. ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    While Wonder Trading my Roselia leftovers from breeding, I got an Adamant Chimchar with Iron Fist, 3IV (Def, SpD, Spd) and 4 egg moves!: Fake Out, Assist, T-Punch and Fire Punch!
    Really proud on this monkey!

Also a Jolly Totodile, Modest Porygon 3IV and a Jolly Charmander 4IV with D-Dance and Outrage.

I must be the luckiest Wonder Trader.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've gotten an Adamant Bunnelby w/ Huge Power, a Timid Pichu w/ Volt Absorb, and an Adamant Fletchling w/ Gale Wings from Wonder Trade today. These are truly excellent trade offs.

Years
  • I've been getting a few unobtainable Pokes using wonder trade lately. I got all the Hoenn Starters, Chimchars are running around too, I get them quite frequently if its in the unobtainable category.. one of them even had Iron Fist. I got a Tynamo, a Chikorita and Cindaquil as well.

The only things I keep these days are usually Pokes with interesting nicknames, breeding projects and scatterbugs. Scatterbugs will always evolve into the region they're from, so for me its always a surprise.. and if its something I already have, I can usually GTS it for something reasonable thats unobtainable.

I was originally all bummed that Pokebank was unavailable still, but by the time we get it, I probably won't really need it except for porting in legendary guys.

For some odd reason almost all I get in wonder trades are protean Froakies. Best trade I've gotten is and axew for a forretress.

I've noticed that too.. I get SOO many Froakies I don't know what to do with em all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • When I first read this I was thinking these MUST be rare cases, how can anyone get the past starters through wonder trade?
    But, yesterday I tried it for an hour or two while watching TV.
    Here is what i got:
    Trash - expected
    Protean Froakie
    Treeko
    Cyndaquil
    Chimchar
    Phanpy
    Spiritomb
    And a lv 59 Noibat - which I evolved and then traded...

Definitely give it a shot!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I've been getting a few unobtainable Pokes using wonder trade lately. I got all the Hoenn Starters, Chimchars are running around too, I get them quite frequently if its in the unobtainable category.. one of them even had Iron Fist. I got a Tynamo, a Chikorita and Cindaquil as well.

The only things I keep these days are usually Pokes with interesting nicknames, breeding projects and scatterbugs. Scatterbugs will always evolve into the region they're from, so for me its always a surprise.. and if its something I already have, I can usually GTS it for something reasonable thats unobtainable.

I was originally all bummed that Pokebank was unavailable still, but by the time we get it, I probably won't really need it except for porting in legendary guys.

I've noticed that too.. I get SOO many Froakies I don't know what to do with em all.

Actually that's a misconception, Scatterbugs don't evolve into the region they're from, they evolve to the region they're currently in. I can trade you a Scatterbug from an Ocean region (I have one) and it will evolve into whatever region your 3DS is set to. Or more exactly, whatever region it was set to when you first started the game.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Actually that's a misconception, Scatterbugs don't evolve into the region they're from, they evolve to the region they're currently in. I can trade you a Scatterbug from an Ocean region (I have one) and it will evolve into whatever region your 3DS is set to. Or more exactly, whatever region it was set to when you first started the game.

Have you ever tested that yourself? Because it is not true, at all. My region has the Garden pattern, and yet all the Scatterbug/Spewpa I got from trades have evolved into the pattern of their original regions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Traded a shiny ditto yeterday and got an aerodactyl... Ing luck -_-

You wonder traded a shiny ditto?! Why would you do that? Two shiny bug pokemon got me a Zapdos and and Articuno!

Have you ever tested that yourself? Because it is not true, at all. My region has the Garden pattern, and yet all the Scatterbug/Spewpa I got from trades have evolved into the pattern of their original regions.

I absolutely have tested that, like I said I have Scatterbugs from an Ocean region and they all keep changing into High Plains patterns but the game they're from they turn into Ocean (I have X and Y and when I started X I changed my region in my 3DS to an Ocean region) but when I trade from that game to my Y (which is set for BC) they turn to Highland Plains

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I absolutely have tested that, like I said I have Scatterbugs from an Ocean region and they all keep changing into High Plains patterns but the game they're from they turn into Ocean (I have X and Y and when I started X I changed my region in my 3DS to an Ocean region) but when I trade from that game to my Y (which is set for BC) they turn to Highland Plains

That shouldn't happen. All the Japanese Scatterbug I got from trades have evolved into Elegant Vivillon, and all English language ones have evolved into various patterns, while my own Scatterbug, as in caught or bred in my game, have evolved into Garden Vivillon.

From my understanding, the pattern it will evolve into is determined based on the region where the Scatterbug was generated, either by catching it in the wild or breeding it. This means that it doesn't matter if you bred an Elegant with a Tundra, you will still get a Vivillon of your region.

Years
  • I understand that wonder trade is all about mysteries and it's exciting to not know what you'll get. But most everyone just places a Fletchling and runs off with their new catch. What I'm trying to do is make wonder trade just a tad better, like where people actually have a chance at getting something good when they put one down. If I get a bad pokemon, I check to see if it has a hidden ability. If it doesn't, I release it. Otherwise it would only continue to cycle through wonder trade and add more disappointment. I'm also throwing phiones into wonder trade, or starters. Maybe an Eevee or two. Just pokemon that people can use. Personally, even if I already have the pokemon, I truly appreciate it a lot when I see somebody put thought into their selected pokemon. All it takes is breeding to cycle those pokemon through so others can get something worthwhile. Now this is all your choice, but I would really appreciate help from other people. I mean, it puts a smile on my face just when I get sent a starter. I already have them, but I'm still excited about it. There's still people cycling great pokemon through wonder trade and I don't want them to give up on their chances because of people and their pikachus. I placed down almost all of my phiones, and I got a Fletchling, Pikachu, Pansage, Pancham, stunfisk, Skitty, Eevee, tentacool, Hawlucha, Furfrou, skarmory and sneasel. Some of these I will keep; the tentacool, skarmory and sneasel. The others though, imagine how proud they must be of themselves for snagging a phione with a Pansage. (The Eevee was pretty good, I'm just not keeping it because I have so many)

So here is what I ask of everyone.
    1. If you get a bad pokemon, don't cycle it back into wonder trade.
    2. If you have spare good pokemon, consider putting them through.
    3. Maybe breed some good pokemon just for wonder trade specifically.
    4. Spread the word

I would appreciate this. If enough people begin doing this, we can really elevate the chances of decent pokemon. If it's something as small as a Fletchling with gale wings or as big as a level 100 groudon, I would be really thankful. The legendaries of course are only if you're feeling particularly Chance-y (ha. Get it? Chance-y? Chansey? No? Okay :c ) but maybe consider some starters, hidden ability pokemon, rares, safari, or anything you believe to be useful. Breeding doesn't take too long if you have a flame body pokemon, and you can really make someone's day.

Thanks for hearing me out :)
    -PsychoticPurpleGiraffeNamedCamiro

If you have any questions or comments, pm me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Fletchling lvl 5 -> Steelix lvl 24
    Bunnelby lvl 4 -> Dratini lvl 1
    Magikarp lvl 15 -> Axew lvl 1

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back