• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did anyone else think that the graphics of ruby/saph/emerald were bad?

which had better graphics?

• Total voters

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
  • To say none of them was bad. All were mindblowing. All were great. But i have to agree that fire red and leaf green was much harder and much better in graphics. Well the first R\S\E was made early. The FR\LG was a later development so you see. I think all gen 3 games a superb.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    By comparison FR/LG definitely seemed like that had sharper, more vibrant colors and graphics, but I think the soft, patel feeling of RSE is why I prefer them so much more. To me it gives the games the whole "cute" aspect I look for in a lot of Pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    The graphics were nice but the Pokémon sprites have aged quite badly when looking in retrospect.

EthanAG

Im not sure I really enjoyed Fire Red and Leaf Green, Also R/S/E. I just enjoyed Fire Red and Leaf Green more for well... My favorite graphics and what they did to the Ghost sprite, luckily now its not as scary, Pokemon Gen 1 Ghosts scared me a lot :P

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I didn't hate the RSE graphics, but FRLG was definitely better in terms of visuals in my opinion. RSE had the better region though, Kanto is a bit too simple.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    At the time, R/S/E's graphics were quite good. Especially the upgrade from G/S/C, many people were amazed. Although I think FireRed/LeafGreen's graphics are more detailed tbh. The feel of it was just more better then R/S/E's graphics, but don't get me wrong; I don't think R/S's graphics are bad.

Back