• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon fail

Years
  • I spent a long time leveling up a now exploud to get a move that i want bred onto my eevee. After all that work, I put them in the daycare. took forever to get eggs, because they didn't like each other. finally hatched an egg, and it was... a whismur. i didn't even check the genders >_>

have you had any pokemon fails?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I occasionally ride around Route 7 waiting to get an egg only to find out I never left anything at the daycare. I also never noticed until about a month ago that Loudred had a nose.

Years
  • Omg Loudred does have a nose! lmao

I've only recent found out that Dunsparce is not actually laying on it's back and that it actually has mouth. Also thought his wings were his hands, since, well, I thought he was laying on it's back all this time.

I'm pretty sure I've experienced some in-game fails but it's too early for me to remember. :D

Years
  • When I was a kid, I used the Master Ball on a Ponyta in AND ran away from Mewtwo to change boxes in the same Yellow file, plus I ran away from what might've been a shiny Zubat in Gold because I wanted to check if it were really shiny :'D For a more recent fail, I was doing some battling on PS and had a Kyurem-B against a Dedenne; tried using a Dragon move against it, ahahaha. (Thank goodness Kyurem-B wasn't choice-locked.)

EDIT: Just thought of this now; when I was young and playing Gold I thought Pinsir evolved into Heracross because they were next to each other in the Johto Dex. Raised a Pinsir to level 50 before finally realizing it didn't evolve into the stag beetle :<

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Ran away from a shiny Medicham while playing through Diamond, because I didn't know what a shiny was back then >.> A few days ago I tried breeding 2 Pokemon together, only to find out they were incompatible due to sharing the same gender. I facepalmed pretty hard after I found out :x

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    when i first stated playing i didn't know that machok evolves into Machamp when traded..and machamp was the first pokemon i know i wanted for sure in my team (didn't know alot about the game..just thought he was cool )
    just kept leveling it to like level 60 And finally i gave up...till a friend told me i need to traded it..got so mad on that useless machok and all the time he took me i decided to catch another pokemon lol

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • While EV training my Zangoose in Emerald for Attack, I poured 252 EVs into HP by fighting a ton of Whismurs. The Zangoose had a 30 for Attack IV, so I was frustrated when I found that.

-Caught Sandslash with Master Ball in Blue
    -Failed cloning glitch in Emerald and lost my brother's Walrein
    -Kept leveling Gurdurr only to find it evolves by trade (Black 2)
    -Kept leveling Sunkern to find it evolves with Sun Stone

These are Pokemon-related fails:
    -Lost my FireRed cartridge
    -When internal clock died in Crystal, I soldered the inside to open the screw and cartridge, but ended up destroying the internals of the game.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I remember when I was playing Silver & was in the burned tower when I
    encounter a Shiny Magmar!
    Excited, I weaken it, opened my bag &...
    NO FREAKING POKEBALL WHATSOEVER!!!
    FAILURE!!!

Years
  • EDIT: Just thought of this now; when I was young and playing Gold I thought Pinsir evolved into Heracross because they were next to each other in the Johto Dex. Raised a Pinsir to level 50 before finally realizing it didn't evolve into the stag beetle :<

I feel like I've done this with a pokemon before, I just can't remember which one. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The biggest fail I ever experienced: I encountered a shiny Riolu and it broke out of the sole 2 Poke Balls I had, even when it was paralyzed. Lesson learned: always bring in plenty of Poke Balls when grinding/training; you never know when a shiny will show up.

Years
  • I Didn't realize trapinch evolved into flygon if i knew that i would have caught one on route 111 and evolved it FAIL...

Back