• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I won't move on! :@ OU RMT

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah....no Gen V for me....that's strictly secret until I actually have the games and catch them myself.....except for random info I know, like Zekrom and Reshiram's signature moves...well, 2 out of the 4 xD

So, here's a team I've built. It's based around Electivire because I currently really like him, and well....here it is:

I should point out that I know this is nowhere near perfect...I've just come back to battling...and what I'm aiming for here is something like a team I used to have, which aimed to set up a SubPetayaEmpoleon sweep, using Toxic Spikes as one of its' many devices, but was so good Empoleon often didn't need to come out as I'd already stalled the opponent to death...I know this team isn't there yet.

Team Building Process

Firstly, I had Electivire. He's the main idea in this team, and it's all built around the potential of a mixed-sweeper E-vire.

As I'll be running Hidden Power Grass....I need something to take care of Gliscor....and also Swampert, as he's not guaranteed to be KO'd by HP Grass in any way....something I found that should work as a good lure here is Infernape......HP Ice takes out Gliscor and other airborne targets....Grass Knot hits Swampert and bulky waters....however, Vaporeon is a problem that will need to be dealt with. Specially based MixApe is an ideal candidate, despite Vaporeon.

Gyarados so easily fills in gaps here, it's unbelievably handy it was created. Lure for electric attacks, preferably immune to Earthquake to reduce danger to Electivire? Gyarados. Something able to come in on Choiced Earthquakes aimed at Electivire and set up? Gyarados. Late game set-up sweeper that can take advantage of damage Infernape may do to bulky waters, should it fail to finish them off? Gyarados. He was a pretty obvious choice here...offensive DD Gyarados fits my play-style best, so that's my set of choice.

Potential problems for Gyarados such as Celebi (I'm running Earthquake), Skarmory and Vaporeon...SpecsRotom can counter them with Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt. However, another little leftover problem from Electivire is Heatran, who can take all of Electivire's attacks, including a Flash Fire boost from Flamethrower.....Hydro Pump can take out Heatran. However, it does have problems...namely Pursuit users....

I was in need of a lead....Machamp seemed good...however, another use of Machamp could be to switch in on the Choiced Dark-type attacks that would be coming at Rotom, throw up a Substitute and begin wreaking havoc.

Finally, a lead. In a way, this is a bit of a novelty for me, as I've got no previous experience with Uxie...however it looks good,tricking a Scarf around can always be helpful, as can paralysis and Stealth Rock. U-Turn is obvious, as it means Uxie isn't Taunt-bait, and could switch out should the enemy lead be a Pursuit user.

Team Movesets

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
    Impish
    252 Hp / 104 Def / 152 Spe

Trick
    U-Turn
    Stealth Rock
    Thunder Wave

Paralysis is always useful, which is why it won over Yawn and Knock Off....this is a novelty, and may not work...

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Mild
    40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Grass
    Cross Chop
    Flamethrower

This was what I originally planned the team around...however, it overdeveloped from there....

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive
    64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Fire Blast
    Close Combat
    Hidden Power Ice
    Grass Knot

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Hydro Pump
    Trick

Machamp @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    No Guard
    128 Hp / 252 Atk / 128 Spe

Dynamicpunch
    Payback
    Stone Edge
    Substitute

So, there you have it....it may not have Electivire as its' sole focus....but it's a team nonetheless.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Just a quick note, if your opponent pursuits rotom, machamp will not be able to actually *take* the hit you know. You could perhaps try swapping it out for a SD Scizor if your prime goal is to lure out Gliscor, as (at least it was generally assumed the last time I played plat) Scizor is after all quite commonly used as a CB'er, known for spamming u-turn whenever it got a chance - the one STAB attack that Gliscor can actually take. Iirc a SD LO BP is a ohko on Gliscor after sr.

Oh, and to be honest, I don't see uxie doing much for you. You could possibly run, idk, a lead mamoswine in order to prevent dd nite from doing much to your team after a dd as extra insurance if you follow up on my scizor suggestion, or you could maybe run an empoleon as your lead in order to seriously maim w/e your opponent has in and set up sr if needed be.

Empoleon @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Aqua Jet
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Ice Beam

Gyarados can easily switch into Infernape leads that empoleon would have trouble with, and rotom is immune to all of its weaknesses barring fire, so the synergy is there spot on. EV's assure that you ohko Azelf with pump + ajet iirc. Lum basically allows you to beat roserade, smeargle, breloom etc that tries to sleep you, focus sash gives you a safety net vs powerful attackers.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well.....Uxie's working quite well...but maybe that's just the people I'm battling. I managed to steal 3 Lum Berries in my last battle xD

So I'll try both leads, see which one works best.

However, I do have one problem - Gengar. Oldest trick in the book...so old, I forgot it and am remarkably weak, having nothing that can outspeed it except Uxie (only with Scarf, and can't catch ScarfGar), and Uxie can only damage with U-Turn.....

Any suggestions?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Well, to be fair, when I see an Uxie I always think "trick scarf", pursuit bait :x (then again I've played a lot of UU, might be because of that) But yeah, you trick a scarf and u-turn out, only for ttar or scizor to catch you. Not doing too much imo :/ But if it works, by all beans use it.

How could I've overlooked gengar? O_o But Scizor will at least possibly check it due to Bullet Punch, and Mamo will still do a number to it with Ice Shard. Empoleon can also beat it, it might survive a Focus Blast and finish it off with pump. I'd really try using Scizor. (writing Thus from my phone, might be å bit too short)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have to agree that Scizor would be beneficial....

However, Machamp is lethal....this team needs more testing before the changes are made. Provided Gengar switches into Machamp it's screwed as he can actually take a Shadow Ball and OHKO with Payback...

Do you think switching Scizor in for Rotom or Machamp would be better?

Rotom so far isn't seeing much use....but that's because I've yet to face all the things I brought it for....

Back