• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Wifi Team - One of plenty!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
'Sup dawgs. I've been playing quite a bit with Pokemon Online and I have to say, I love Gen 5. No, I don't care about weather abuse and how "ridiculous" dream world abilities are, I consider them godsends.

Anyway, here's my team for a quick preview:

620.gif
196.gif
448.gif
113.gif
598.gif
149.gif

Kojondo
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Regeneration
EV Spread: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
Moveset:Fake Out / Hi-Jump Kick / Stone Edge / U-turn

While not a personal favorite, he still makes a great scout. Fake out is to break focus sashed/sturdy leads, where Hi-jump kick or stone edge will do the rest. U-turn makes it easy for Kojondo to get out of situations where he doesn't belong, or when some one is about to set up an entry hazard, which is where the next pokemon will come in.

Espeon
Nature: Timid
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Magic Mirror
EV Spread: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
Moveset: Psychic / Hidden Power Fire / Grass Knot / Shadow Ball

Oh sure, "you can see your opponent's teams so Magic Mirror isn't as useful!" blah blah blah...

For some reason, a good number of people still try to throw entry hazards with there leads on the second/first turn... Lol. Magic Mirror will deflect those hazards, and even status effects with a little prediction. The thing I like about this particular set, though, is that Espeon will not only block mess with the stallers, but also pose a direct threat to them. If I was a smart dog who would save his logs, I could show you how it 1HKOs Hippowdon with Grass Knot, 1HKOs Roobushin with Psychic, 1-3HKOs Nattorei, Forretress, and even Scizor, and Shadow Ball... Well... Does something with ghosts and other psychics, but generally not used so much because most of them ether outspeed Espy or wall it with high special defense. All thanks to Expert Belt.

The nature is Timid because I like my attackers to be fast, as you might be able to see with the rest of the team.

Lucario
Item: Balloon
Ability: Inner Focus
EV Spread: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
Moveset: Vacuum Wave / Aura Sphere / Hidden Power Ice / Nasty Plot

Come on guys, special Lucario is just as good as physical!

Vacuum wave is the priority coverage, and probably my best coverage against the dreaded Excadrill/Doryuuzu. Aura Sphere is a great STAB that never misses, and Hidden Power Ice deals with the dragon walls. Even Gliscor is threatened by it's hidden power, as it 1 hitKOs him on average. I love this guy, but he's really there to clear the way for the star sweeper at the end of this team.

Chansey
Nature: Impish
Item: Evolution Stone
Ability: Natural Cure
EV Spread: 252 Defense / 252 HP / 4 Special Defense
Moveset: Seismic Toss / Wish / Protect / Thunder Wave

Chansey is the cleric of this team, and she's damn good at that, I should say. Evo Stone, plus defense boosting nature and maxed out defense stat, gives her incredible bulk that even surpasses Blissey, sort of.

Wish and Protect are the main healing moves, Seismic Toss gives it an actual attack, and Thunder Wave cripples teams with slower speed and a chance of being unable to attack, which I find especially useful against Dragon Dancers.

Nattorei
Nature: Sassy
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Iron Thorns
EV Spread: 252 HP / 168 Special Defense / 88 Defense
Moveset: Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / Leech Seed / Power Whip

I've always been annoyed by this thing, and now that I look at its stats, I kind of see why it's so popular. It's probably one of the best walls this gen has to offer, and even though it's weak to fighting, it discourages the use of it with its ability.

Natts main job is to wall off physical attackers and Stealth Rock/Leech Seed any switch-in. Power whip provides some stabby STAB along with Gyroball, which takes advantage of Natt's low speed.

Dragonite
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EV Spread: 252 HP / 40 Attack / 216 Speed
Moveset: Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / Fire Punch / Roost

Multiscale is awesome. It allows Dragonite to even survive a boosted Outrage attack and strike back with a move of it's own. Dragon Dance gives the boost in speed and attack, and the rest of the moves speaks for itself. It's a shame Multiscale is available on only two pokemon (the other being an Uber), but it's still on the right ones!

Post your thoughts, fools. I admit I'm not exactly sure on Dragonite's and Nattorei's set. Any advice will be taken into consideration.

Update: (Feb 12, 2011)
- replaced Hariyama with Kojondo (oh well, maybe you'll do well in UU!), edited Lucario's set and Hold item and completely changed Nattorei's and Dragonite's set. Thanks for the help, this team is much better off than where it started.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
If you're not going to use Espeon as a lead, it pretty much needs Sub so it can scout for Pursuits from Tyranitar/Scizor, since Tyranitar will not go down to any of your attacks and will end your hazard-blocking spree quickly. Espeon is extremely frail so sub helps a lot in these cases. Leftovers should be used with Sub for HP recovery.

When you're using special Lucario, Red Card is pointless, Life Orb gives you more power, so I seriously recommend using that. Also, Shadow Ball in conjunction with Aura Sphere is probably one of the best options possible since it provides unlimited coverage, so I would drop Dragon Pulse for that. My only suggestion for you if you want to keep coverage on dragons would be to drop Nasty Plot, grab some Choice Specs, and throw on Hidden Power Ice (Kingdra will go down to Specs Aura Sphere so Dragon Pulse isn't needed).

I don't play with Chansey that often, I'll let someone else deal with that.

Nattorei wants Gyro Ball >> Toxic because it allows hit to hit more than just water types and gives you better attacking options vs faster Pokemon.

I think Bulky Dnite wants Dragon Claw>> Outrage, but I'll check on that. You do want a way to keep Stealth Rock off of the field though, and preferably more than one since Espeon, again, is very frail.

Hariyama does tend to fall in this game because Espeon and Rankurusu easily mash it apart into pieces, so you could replace him with a Rapid Spinning lead. One of my favorites for this is:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spa/252 Spe/ 4 HP

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Recover

Hydro Pump just eats up so much with its massive power, and T-bolt/Ice Beam is up to you for coverage against either Gyarados and waters or dragons.

Just some changes I recommend, feel free to use them or drop them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
If you're not going to use Espeon as a lead, it pretty much needs Sub so it can scout for Pursuits from Tyranitar/Scizor, since Tyranitar will not go down to any of your attacks and will end your hazard-blocking spree quickly. Espeon is extremely frail so sub helps a lot in these cases. Leftovers should be used with Sub for HP recovery.
That's a good point. I'm a little worried, though, as the majority of players I've fought don't try to switch out against Espeon (at least on the PO Server, I have yet to get a grasp on the popular tactics of Smogon) and try to attack it outright. Because Espeon is incredibly frail, its subs might just break since the most common leads have gyro ball, earthquake, etc., but I have yet to test it.
I can easily switch Espeon as a lead, especially because this is a wifi team.

When you're using special Lucario, Red Card is pointless, Life Orb gives you more power, so I seriously recommend using that. Also, Shadow Ball in conjunction with Aura Sphere is probably one of the best options possible since it provides unlimited coverage, so I would drop Dragon Pulse for that. My only suggestion for you if you want to keep coverage on dragons would be to drop Nasty Plot, grab some Choice Specs, and throw on Hidden Power Ice (Kingdra will go down to Specs Aura Sphere so Dragon Pulse isn't needed).
I've tried a conjunction with Shadow Ball before, and the fact that all the dragons came in and walled it to pieces made me switch to Dragon Pulse. Hidden Power Ice might be a good change, however, as it will vastly expand his coverage.
I'm a little sketchy about the item changes you suggest. I know life orb will give it more power, but the fact that many life orb users are so easy to play around with in stall teams that it's kind of discouraging. The fact that I've got Hariyama dropping his HP with his item doesn't really help it, either.
I've used a choice specs set in Gen 4 before. It works well, though I kind of hate the idea of switching out constantly and giving it's walls a free turn, but that's more of a personal preference.

I don't play with Chansey that often, I'll let someone else deal with that.
Try it, man. I've even walled a Superpower attack from Tyrannitar with that set. :P

Nattorei wants Gyro Ball >> Toxic because it allows hit to hit more than just water types and gives you better attacking options vs faster Pokemon.
Very good point. This is will be a definite change, since the grass type move kind of has bad coverage to begin with.

I think Bulky Dnite wants Dragon Claw>> Outrage, but I'll check on that. You do want a way to keep Stealth Rock off of the field though, and preferably more than one since Espeon, again, is very frail.
I've considered this. Outrage is generally a risky move to use, especially early in the game when steels are on the field, so I'm open to changes with it's current set.

Hariyama does tend to fall in this game because Espeon and Rankurusu easily mash it apart into pieces, so you could replace him with a Rapid Spinning lead. One of my favorites for this is:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spa/252 Spe/ 4 HP

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Recover

Hydro Pump just eats up so much with its massive power, and T-bolt/Ice Beam is up to you for coverage against either Gyarados and waters or dragons.

Just some changes I recommend, feel free to use them or drop them.
Not a bad call. I don't doubt that Rank destroys Hari at all, as I've faced him and the best attack that even puts a dent to it is stone edge, and that still won't murder it in time for it's dreaded trickroom/calm mind combo. Chansey and Dragonite kind of put him down, though, Chansey in particular since it's already good special defense and can use thunder wave to decrease it's chances of even attacking, though it kind of relies on luck. Starmie does sound like a good contender for this team.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Lucario : Balloon is better than Red Card on Luke, at least with everyone using Gliscor. x_x

Natt : Thunderwave/Protect/Gyro Ball > Toxic on Nat. All are much more useful, since all its primary switch ins are steel. That evs spread is also eh, 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD @ Sassy gives you the most overall durability.

Chansey: Try and find a slot for Stealth Rock on it imo.

Dragonite: Invest in its HP 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe @ Adamant. EV spread to raise his bulk to a great level and make him outspeed Scarf Chomp after 2 Dragon Dances. Fire Punch > EQ, hits everything bar Heatran and Stops Skarm, Natt and Zong going "rofl" and also some steel Balloon users.

Also if you're using Spikes id definitely get a ghost otherwise its pointless and a vital part of your team is lost if they have a Spinner.

On a final note, Starmie is pretty bad this metagame imo, Pursuit users are everywhere and it cant switch in on the most common Spikes user, aka Natt. If you want a sturdy reliable anti Spikes mon go with Xatu. :]

Anyway i like the concept of this team. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Lucario : Balloon is better than Red Card on Luke, at least with everyone using Gliscor. x_x

Natt : Thunderwave/Protect/Gyro Ball > Toxic on Nat. All are much more useful, since all its primary switch ins are steel. That evs spread is also eh, 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD @ Sassy gives you the most overall durability.

Chansey: Try and find a slot for Stealth Rock on it imo.

Dragonite: Invest in its HP 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe @ Adamant. EV spread to raise his bulk to a great level and make him outspeed Scarf Chomp after 2 Dragon Dances. Fire Punch > EQ, hits everything bar Heatran and Stops Skarm, Natt and Zong going "rofl" and also some steel Balloon users.

Also if you're using Spikes id definitely get a ghost otherwise its pointless and a vital part of your team is lost if they have a Spinner.

On a final note, Starmie is pretty bad this metagame imo, Pursuit users are everywhere and it cant switch in on the most common Spikes user, aka Natt. If you want a sturdy reliable anti Spikes mon go with Xatu. :]

Anyway i like the concept of this team. ^^

I took your suggestion, and the mons that were edited are working much better than they did before, thank you.

I've chosen to put Stealth Rock on Natt in place of spikes, though. It has a little more of a broader coverage and I won't feel like I've wasted so many turns setting up spikes when rapid spinners are about.

Putting hidden power ice on Lucario helped me tons, especially since everyone seems to be using Gliscor for some reason (maybe because sandstorm is so popular nowadays?)

I'm thinking of replacing Hariyama with Kojondo. While it's defenses are comparable to Sharpedo, it still hits pretty hard, and U-turn might give me some hope in knocking out Reuniclus, since using Payback with Hariyama is worthless on it due to being slower than him. What do you think?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm thinking of replacing Hariyama with Kojondo. While it's defenses are comparable to Sharpedo, it still hits pretty hard, and U-turn might give me some hope in knocking out Reuniclus, since using Payback with Hariyama is worthless on it due to being slower than him. What do you think?
I think Kojondo is a good idea, since it functions as a scout/sweeper. It doesn't have much of a movepool, but it has what it needs:
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Regeneration

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Finally, I got a chance to update the first post.

Just for kicks, heres a pretty funny log of Espeon and Lucario pulling off a hilarious sweep:
Spoiler:

The guy forfeited after Lucario used Aura Sphere on Natt, and I don't blame him. After all, he was only left with a Paralyzed Blaziken.

I admit I didn't play my cards right with Kojondo and Chansey, but it was just fun for me to watch this. Why doesn't Scizor carry brick break nowadays? >_>

Back