• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Merging Worlds

Do you like Cyndaquil as a starter?

• Yes

Votes: 59 67.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 32.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
Pokémon:Merging Worlds
Storyline: You are a young boy in an impoverished family. You've often gone to your friends house to watch RED battle in Kanto. You simply love watching the Pokémon Battles unfold and want to go on an adventure yourself. Your friend jokingly mentions that you bear a resemblance to the Kanto Champ.
Unfortunately, the region of Shidu is a place where money plays a large factor. The poor live in small houses, while the rich live in bigger, more luxurious ones. Pokémon are bought rather than caught, and the few pokéballs left are distributed illegally by undercover smugglers in pokémarts.
Yet, on your fifteenth birthday your mom mysteriously gives you a Cyndaquil. You are overjoyed, but upon talking to your mom you find out she has given you such a prestigious pokémon to earn money for her. So you set out on your not-so perfect pokémon adventure.
But it doesn't stop there. For some reason, changes are happening in the world. Clouds spin overhead at impossible speeds. Policemen become evil. Entire parts of Kanto appear in Shidu for unexplained reasons. You will encounter many seemingly impossible challenges and strange mysteries. What is the evil at work behind these changes? Why are parts of Kanto in Shidu? What is causing these changes? Are you up to the task to find out?

Features:
A whole new region, plus parts of Kanto
Increased Trainer Difficulty and More Expensive Items
Reusable TM's
Fairy Type
Updated Gen IV and V Moves and Movesets
Physical/Special Split and Icons
Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn
Fire Red Tiles you probably haven't seen (in the game already!)
An interesting storyline
Decapitalisation (the game doesn't scream at you)
Skip the dumb controls and introduction
and more (will be updated, and can't think of all right now =P)

Screenshots: (Updated Often)​
Spoiler:

Leave a suggestion down below for ideas, features that I should add, etc. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Downloads and Progress: Alpha coming soon. So far I have almost completed two towns and a Gym.

FAQ:
Q: Who am I?
A: Someone new to the community and hacking, hoping to make a good hack first time around.
Q: Can we be the female character?
A: Not right now, probably not ever. Has to do with storyline. Sorry ladies!
Q: Can we pick a starter other than Cyndaquil?
A: All starters will either be buyable or rare in the wild. The starter just had to be cyndaquil. I think you can see why.
Q: How does your mom afford a Cyndaquil. I mean, it's probably pretty expensive, right?
A: Play game when released and find out.

HELP NEEDED:
Banner with Hack Name and Cyndaquil
New Overworld Sprite for Male Hero
Any Help will be appreciated and you will receive credit.​

Extra Notes: This hack is storyline based, but it does have some cool features that make the gameplay more difficult and more enjoyable than typical FireRed.

Credit to:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I love the idea of your mom giving you a pokémon just for the reason that she wants money. Also you can add the reusable TM's because you are poor and you cannot spend a lot of money

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oooh this is interesting. Though if this character is different from Red, I recommend using different character sprites for the main character for overworld and battle to help separate the two characters.

Years
An interesting storyline and is the protagonist red's son????? and when will you release this one????? as for the story will it be a combo of gold and red?????

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
An interesting storyline and is the protagonist red's son????? and when will you release this one????? as for the story will it be a combo of gold and red?????

I prefer to release it when at least a good part of it is done, instead of an alpha when there's only about two gyms complete. The story will have some of Kanto (red) story elements, but not Johto (gold).

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
It looks like in one of the screenshots that the main character talks. Is that the truly the case?

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
It looks like in one of the screenshots that the main character talks. Is that the truly the case?
Yes, I like to have it so that your character does respond (although maybe not how the player specifically wants). I made it like that so when someone asks you a question, like in the screenshot, your character doesn't simply ignore them. This is something that bugged me in all pokemon games.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
This story and those screenshots look very good. However, I do have a few issues that bug me. If items are going to be much more expensive, how will we, the players, earn more money? (i.e. Will it be possible to re-battle trainers for more money? Will we find an abundance of nuggets, star pieces, and big pearls to sell?) The other one stems from me being a Grammar Nazi. Could you put quotation marks so that we can differentiate speech from action? The one where your mother gave you a Pokeball threw me off a bit. Aside from that, I can't wait to see more.

PS. I automatically voted for the poll before I actually read the story. Of course I want Cyndaquil as starter!

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
This story and those screenshots look very good. However, I do have a few issues that bug me. If items are going to be much more expensive, how will we, the players, earn more money? (i.e. Will it be possible to re-battle trainers for more money? Will we find an abundance of nuggets, star pieces, and big pearls to sell?) The other one stems from me being a Grammar Nazi. Could you put quotation marks so that we can differentiate speech from action? The one where your mother gave you a Pokeball threw me off a bit. Aside from that, I can't wait to see more.

PS. I automatically voted for the poll before I actually read the story. Of course I want Cyndaquil as starter!

Very good questions! I think perhaps I will add sidequests where you can receive nuggets and/or money as a prize. More will be coming soon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 13, 2015
I actually like the plot, it`s good.
I voted in the poll, I don`t like Cyndaquil as a starter, but it`s your hack after all
Keep up with this!

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
If we really don't want cyndaquil as a starter, we'll randomize the game, I feel. But this looks epic

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
No don't do randomized starters, that makes it difficult to get good natures and IVs...

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
Years
First of all, I love the whole mum needing the money thing. It's a very unique reason for the whole journey/rite-of-passage sha-bang that all 10 year olds in the Pokéverse undergo. I have just one critical comment to make; the screenshots aren't that great. The maps either look too cluttered or too empty.

Otherwise, excellent concept! Good luck!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The story is very very interesting. I'm looking forward to be able to play this. :3
And Cyndaquil is my favorite Johto starter, so I wouldn't mind having that 'mon as our starter for this game. <3

Back