• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Pokemon Z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2018
    Well, I'm not really much of a battler (kind of a problem in a game where 80% of the time you're doing just that :P), so I'd definitely like to see some more fine tuned features in the world and gameplay, for example:

1. Expanded areas; new places to explore in pre-existing cities
    2. New areas; extensions to kalos
    3. Change in region design; doesn't have to be massive, just similar to how Sinnoh is snowy in Platinum but not Diamond/Pearl.
    4. More side-quests; like searching for the mansion guys pokemon, except actually fun :P
    5. Reduced lag, especially in 3D; the 3D would look so good but it messes with an already unstable framerate...
    6. Less padding; things like a delay when you press 'next' while talking to people, or the delay after pressing an attack in battle. Pointless calls from NPC's at random times really bug me as well. All these things just make the game more frustrating, and are clearly only there to make the game seem just a little bit longer.
    7. More customisation; the new clothes and stuff were a good start, but I'd love to really be able to fine-tune the way my character looks. Maybe even give them more of a personality in the way they walk and stand, somewhat similar to 'Starbound'.
    8. More Looker; he's awesome :D

Quilly

Thespian Punk
    Years
  • If we've learned anything from Nintendo in the past, it's not to get our hopes up and/or assume a third version is coming. However, if we do see a Pokémon Z, I'd like to see:

1. An expanded post-game: This one should be a given, as the X/Y post-game was severely lacking. The only thing it had was the Looker Missions, Zygarde, and Mewtwo. The Battle Chateau is new, but it needs to be expanded upon somehow. Perhaps prizes that you obtain every time you go up in rank (prizes other than Hyper Potions.) The Battle Maison is just your standard battle facility. There needs to be more. Something like Pokéstar Studios.

2. More customization: I like what they did with customization in X/Y. However, I think it can be expanded upon greatly. For example, more color and style choices for clothing, the option to forgo a hat, glasses you can actually wear, etc. I also think the ability to create your own designs for clothing would be awesome. They could use a system like the one they have in Animal Crossing. I think it would be a welcome addition to the series.

3. More legendaries: One of the best parts of B2/W2 was the fact that you could catch all kinds of legendaries from each generation. The Lake Trio, Cresselia, Latios/Latias, in addition to the multitude of legendaries that Gen. V had to offer. The legendary cast in X/Y is severely lacking. Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mewtwo, and the Legendary Birds. Less available legendaries than the first two gens combined. There should be more legendaries to chase after in the post-game.

These are just three things off the top of my head that could be added to the next game in the series.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2018
    3. More legendaries: One of the best parts of B2/W2 was the fact that you could catch all kinds of legendaries from each generation. The Lake Trio, Cresselia, Latios/Latias, in addition to the multitude of legendaries that Gen. V had to offer. The legendary cast in X/Y is severely lacking. Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mewtwo, and the Legendary Birds. Less available legendaries than the first two gens combined. There should be more legendaries to chase after in the post-game.

Honestly, I think the whole idea of legendaries is ridiculous now anyway. In gen 1 there were the legendary birds and the mews, only one of which was an event, and the other was insanely difficult to obtain. But now there's a countless amount of them, and they all seem to be given out at some point whenever a new gen comes out. Most of the time, you don't need to work for them.

Maybe they should do online tournaments of high difficulty, where, if you win, you receive a legendary based on certain conditions (e.g. the level you were playing at, the skill of your opponent, how close the victory was, etc).

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • The main things I want are more character customisation and a better storyline. I was reeaaally disappointed with the story in X and Y.

Years
  • The number one thing I want to see is Pokemon walking with you like in HGSS. Everyone seems to want this.
    As far as legendaries go, I love that amount that was added - not including Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion, I really felt like only 3 new legendaries was a nice refresh. Though I don't want to see any more new legendaries I guess some of the older ones making a return would be nice. We haven't seen Kyogre/Groudon/Entei/Raikou/Suicune in a little while.
    I'd also love for you to be able to take your hat off. Like come on, it's a very simple thing... I don't really want to have to be wearing a hat 24/7?
    And a couple more choices that weren't skirts/dresses for girls would be appreciated too. The suit sets are very nice but unless you want to wear something frilly they isn't exactly much choice there.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    If there ever exist a pokemon Z, I'll say most of the things everyone have said. expanded quests, deeper storyline, more puzzles, more legends returning, etc.
    Also I really hope they eliminate that annoying shiny lock on mascot/posible mascot legends.
    I don't know if pokemon contests deserve a return but i guess it would be fun since i used to play pokemon contests often and blending berries to créate pokeblock/pokepuffins, but i guess they are only exclusive generation thing like the pokethlon and bug contests.
    Anyway, I would like also expanded areas that would require you to dive and also lets you catch pokemon underwater and explore underwater caves. Maybe there is more but i guess the main point is to expand some of the features of the games and probably bring some old ones.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm sure I've posted this before, but I would love a feature to mute people on the PSS.

Togfan

Decently-behaving Anime Girl
    Years
  • I would actually want a plot that makes more sense. So far, it's the same storyline in every game:
    >evil group plots for riches/world domination
    >a kid (you) happens to be there at the same time
    >you coincidentally fight all members of the team and win
    >they drop their plans because they were beaten by a kid in a pokemon match

It just seems ridiculous that the leaders give up when you beat them in a Pokémon match... wouldn't they, realistically, just shrug it off? I'd want Game Freak to make a plot that actually compensates for this; at least making the bad guys give up of another reason. Preferably making a plot that isn't too far-fetched (wiping out humanity? Seriously?) but still deep and interesting (world domination is way too overused), a plot you actually can look more into and discover new truths. Platinum is the closest to this I know of (spoilers btw), because of Cyrus' background and disappearance, as well as how some new member takes over the lead when he's gone, and how the rest of the team dislikes it. I enjoyed it, as well as how his plans were ruined not specifically because you beat him, but because you released the legendary trio.

So yea, just my 2cents and what I miss the most in Pokémon games.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • I'm sure I've posted this before, but I would love a feature to mute people on the PSS.

You can actually disable interactions from Passerbys. I can't remember for sure whether you can do the same for Acquaintances, but I'm pretty sure you can.

Armand

The Wild Eagle
    Years
  • Nice Topic, Nice Ideas ^_^

guess I would like to see the following in a sequel (hope I'll see them before I die at least, or maybe my children if Junichi Masuda would be still alive and making games at that time ^_^)

1- mega game, going through kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh until reaching unova, this can be epic and will expand the game drastically

2- extremely large criminal scheme, having Geovanni returning and leading an alliance (with Aqua, Magma and Galactic team leaders as his admins)

3- if 2 happens, the hero will be joined by N, Red and Cynthia to form a defending team

4- the pokemon can be out of pokeball and move with the trainers, with additional interactive events will be a beautiful extra

5- there are 2 ways that the developers can help us stop our tries to suicide whenever we play a poke game:

- HM's become removable (yes! yes! yes!)

- HM's become an off-battle move sort of thing (ie; not included within the 4 moves) hell YES!

6- we need new epic music for the games! couldn't find a more epic theme since Cynthia's in Sinnoh, which was the best there was, but I hope it'll never be the best that will ever be

7- eevee deserves to have a flying, ghost and steel evolutions at least, and a dragon one would be epic!

8- dragonite! please take at least 10 from its SPK and add it to it's SPD, PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!

9- Mega Latias ??? Alright!!! I want it !!

That's all, and thanks for the interesting topic ^_^

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    I feel like they will make a pokemon Z, because they've made every other duo with a new region have a 3rd game to it. Hopefully they add more postgame content to it though!

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Has anyone mentioned that the music of GL, E4, champion must be changed because tbh it was unpleasant when I first heard them, also they should make the game hard... it really doesn't matter if it's for young kids, back in rgby and rse days it felt amazing when we defeated difficult battles.
    Of course a deeper story for Z, I was really happy about BW storyline , it's not the same pattern:defeat GLs, defeat evil team, defeat E4...lol but it was back since b2w2.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I hope they name it Z as X2 and Y2 doesn't sound very appealing name wise (and neither did Black Version 2 or White Version 2... should've named them DarkGrey and LightGrey at least...)

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    They haven't even made a trading card for Zygarde yet, but they've released the X/Y trading card series featuring Yveltal and Xerneas, so maybe they'll release a Z series trading card set and game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do you think there will be a Pokemon Z, considering Zygarde might be the cover for it.

No one can exactly be sure unfortunately, but chances of it are very high, though, as there's always been a third installment to almost every main-series Pokémon game. Also, there's already a thread like this right here, so I'm merging yours with that. ^^"

Merged.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I honestly don't care what they do in the next 6th gen game or anything up until the 70th generation game, but what would be nice is for Pokemon you trade over to actually recognize you as the same as opposed to a new Trainer with a different name. Perhaps a system wide ID (linked between handhelds and console) as opposed to a game based one. I never liked the idea of starting over again with the exact same team within the same generation just to get a slightly altered story. Did my Pokemon just suffer from amnesia or something? It just feels off, gameplay experience aside.

Other than that, more non-battle fun stuff during and/or post game, vastly expanded Pokemon-amie, more Pokemon interaction outside of battle (even with the trainer videos, why can I only choose "does nothing" and "excitement" for reactions?), yadda yadda the usual pro-Pokemon stuff I always say. If you've got 3D models now, there's really no excuse to bring a heck of a lot more focus to the creatures aside from space limitations.

One thing I loved about Y was how Floette was such an important part of the backstory. Even the Lucario who made its own decisions about you as a trainer was sort of fun. That's what I want to see more of. Everyday common Pokemon that mean something to somebody, or the region itself, and a lot more of them. I mean, it worked for Gardevoir and Ninetales in Mystery Dungeon *shrug*. I guess that's a whole other thing, though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    I want them to bring back the battle frontier and/or pokemon contests and/or it be a whole new story like black 2 and white 2 but have the old characters show up. like shauna and tierno and trevor and especailly calem and serena. i think that would bring up backstories and great memories. possible let it link up to your previous game like black 2 and white 2. i think that would be awesome. oh and make tierno become a world renowned pokemon dancer, and let trevor become an assistant pokemon professor and shauna should be away actually since when she comes to your house post-game, she says that next time she wants she wants to go to a far away region. i think depending on which gender you choose, calem or serena could be the champion. like if you pick a girl, serena will be the cahmpion, and if you pick a guy, calem will be the champion. and bring new gym leaders in. the psychic type should leave as well as the grass type gym leader since hes old as poop lol.

And maybe some cahracters from different regions. that would be cool

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Lots more ribbons, Pokemon that walk with you, and more clothes options. As much as I love the girly clothes, I'd really appreciate some messenger bags, hoodies and long sleeve shirts for the girls, and to be able to wear glasses, on your character's face, not just on the hat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back