• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Slumber

Would you like me to use the Semitransparent Textbox on all messages? (signs, persons...)

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Pokémon Slumber

Base: Ruby English (AXVE)
    ruby.png

Language: Spanish

Creator: Tervaxx

Story:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    3VOhwW5.png
    OtLqqGG.png
    KC4Bwqi.png
    KqJ8fPh.png

lPq4Bd5.png
    rteeT6y.png
    oF2JUgj.png
    l97pPCk.png

VJx9NGr.png
    hXsVPAT.png

Those are the main characters, but their sprites have to be done again, with a better style. I just leave this here so you know how they will be:
    5Hntc5q.png
    and
    aQ4YwpF.png

Videos:

Features:
    -A new region to explore, Oniria
    -Playing as a Male or as a Female changes some things of the storyline.
    -New Attacks, Fairy type, Dark and Ghost effectiveness fixed
    -386 Pokemon, being them from all 6 Generations. Some alternative forms available.
    -Most of your decisions will affect and change the storyline (like Butterfly effect)
    -New companions and rivals to fight.
    -Day and Night system
    -Almost all music of the game is changed.
    -You can Dive anywhere in the sea, and there are a lot of things to discover in the deep.

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    If you want i can help translate it to english. I got a very basic grasp of spanish but I think it would be a very fun learning experience for me.

Years
  • If you want i can help translate it to english. I got a very basic grasp of spanish but I think it would be a very fun learning experience for me.

Good ^^, but we should wait until I have more things done and probably until I release a beta, because I still don't have too much scripts done xD. I think I still have a lot of work :3

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Story sounds interesting, tiles look good, new music is great, new bag UI looks great, keep up the good work. I know you just started and it'll be awhile before you consider doing an English translation but when and if you do, I'd be down to play this. Good luck!

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Jeez, hacks like these always catch me off guard no matter what! I had trouble believing this was a Ruby hack at first, and I can usually tell the diff.. but besides that, the stuff you've shown off so far looks great! Can't wait to see more.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Looks like a great game, can't wait for the almost complete versions and Moonlight Sonata for title screen music, not something I would do, but overall, it's a great choice.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • This hack looks absolutely stellar! You non-English folks really do tend to have a higher bar set when it comes to quality, I have to admit that.

As far as graphics go, you've used those tiles (I've seen them before) well enough. The story, from what I can tell, seems really thought out. I get the suspicion it sounded lovely in your native language judging from the vocabulary that made it through! :P

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Looking good! You're mapping looks really great, and I'm looking forward to seeing how your scripting will fit into it all! :)

And here's a few translations for our non-Spanish speaking members:
    OtLqqGG.png

"That ability is more dangerous than you'd think. It's coveted by evil."

KC4Bwqi.png

"Synesthesia Beach / The most peaceful and tranquil beach."

Years
  • Looking good! You're mapping looks really great, and I'm looking forward to seeing how your scripting will fit into it all! :)

OtLqqGG.png

KC4Bwqi.png

Thanks for translating those 2 :b (I didn't think about it ^^'). I still need to improve my scripting level, but I've been busy with other things (investigating moves' effects), but I just finished it. I've already decided that in the next update I will show a large script and probably the new added attacks, and I don't know if something more, we'll see xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Good ^^, but we should wait until I have more things done and probably until I release a beta, because I still don't have too much scripts done xD. I think I still have a lot of work :3

Ok, just PM me whenever you need help with translation :) unless you don't need any help of course lol.

Looking good! You're mapping looks really great, and I'm looking forward to seeing how your scripting will fit into it all! :)

OtLqqGG.png

KC4Bwqi.png

Coveted? Why not just say something like "Evil yearns for it" or if you want to be fancy "It tempts evil"

Years
  • Oh wow! What a nice looking hack! I really like your story. It has a very mysterious vibe to it and your hack seems to have a nice atmosphere around it that makes you uneasy about what could happen next.

Years
  • Thanks Fun Size and Sniper for your comments, I'm glad you liked it ^^

I'm posting to let you know about a poll I just made. I'm not sure what I should do about the Semitransparent Textbox (the one of the following screenshot:)

KC4Bwqi.png

I was going to keep it only for signs, and keep a non-transparent Textbox for persons messages and so. But then I thought to put the semitransparent textbox on every text of the hack (or at least almost everyone of them). What would you like more?

Also, I edited the first post explaining some features of the hack. Some are obvious, but there are others that aren't.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Honestly I'd prefer if you went back to the normal non-transparent textbox, but that's just me. Transparent textboxes seem a bit overdone in Ruby hacks these days.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I prefer the normal textbox, I recomend the transparent only if you make any modification to the texbox (Like the transparent textbox of my hack).

Suerte con el hack tio, que mola como va!!!

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • As a huge Pokémon Ruby fan, I am going to say this hack can win awards. I wish I could it play it. (No Spanish, :( )

Years
  • First of all, thanks everyone for commenting :b.

Well, I didn't want to come without nothing, sorry ^^', but I needed to inform you all. I've been very busy with school, so I haven't had time to hack. That means, unfortunately, that I haven't done anything since the last time (excepting thinking of new ideas for the hack). Now I'll be able to continue with it more frequently, and I hope to come with a few updates on the following weeks, with screenshots/videos and so ^^

So this post doesn't feel empty, here are a few ideas (they will all happen along with the storyline):

-Robbery at Liren City's Bank (I won't explain more: a large script where obviously your decisions will be very important)

-The Witch's House / The Fairy's House will be located in recondite places. You can trade special items found around the world with the Witch / the Fairy for their incantations, and in exchange they will make your Pokemon to learn special Moves. You will only be able to enter one kind of house, and it depends on if you are a "good" or a "bad" person (your decisions throughout the game).

-Hard items like HM, Amulet Coin or so, will only be obtainable on Temples, places full of puzzles and strong Pokemon (you can imagine those temples like the ones that are in The Legend of Zelda, to make an idea xD). At the middle and the end of the temples there will be a very strong Pokemon and a Legendary Pokemon, guarding a very special item. Though it won't be easy to get to the temple's entrance. There will be 7 temples in total, and they will be related to a type of Pokemon (Water, Ghost, etc.)

-The names of the main characters (Male and Female) have been decided (although you still can choose the name you want). They will be Derek and Dakota respectively. They're siblings.

-Your sister/brother (depending on which character you chose) will met a drug addict (Jared or Janeth, again depending on which character you chose) and will fall in love with him/her. Your decisions here will be very important too. Do you think persons are able to change?

-Aren? Town's War. Such a Hack needed that point on the story. Avarice always cause wars, and make innocent soldiers turn into assassins for the good of rich people. As always, Darkrai will be there, waiting in the dark. This time you will incarnate a soldier, and your decisions can change the entire world. Dying is an option, of course.

There are other ideas, but they aren't that important on the storyline. To sum up, I'd like to say that the Textbox will remain Semitransparent for most of the messages (thanks for voting!). The Textbox could be better, I know, but I don't think I'm able to change it as my ASM level is null (I need to learn a lot).

I will be working on some scripts to show you, and some videos. I would also like to implement important Sprites/Minisprite by the time I post an update, but we'll see xD

Last edited:
    Back