• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

regarding a zelda hack.....

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    this may not be the best place to ask(since this is the pokemon community)but......i wanted to know if it is possible to improve the graphics in zelda oracle of seasons by using zelda minish cap palettes, my friend is currently learning how to hack and i wanted this to be his first project,but first i want to know if it is possible.also, if anyone else is interested in the idea, you can go ahead and make the hack,i just want to play oracle of seasons with improved graphics.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • Don't worry, there are all sorts of hacks around here; I recall seeing Super Luigi 64 around here last week. It should be possible to do a hack of such, but I don't know where you would find the software and tools to hack that game.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well i don't know if they have an editor for that yet.
    But i do despise oracle of seasons graphics.It looks like a kid drew it.
    And you can try to ask some people on youtube who hacked or is hacking zelda.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    thanks for the replies everybody, but could it be done the other way around? i mean hack zelda minish cap, to try to make it look like oracle of seasons?(like zel did with fire red and shiny gold) or is this impossible?anyways thanks for the advice, its just that i'm trying to create something different from pokemon hacks( because even though they are cool, they get repetitive) and i think a zelda hack would be awesome. :)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    thanks for the replies everybody, but could it be done the other way around? i mean hack zelda minish cap, to try to make it look like oracle of seasons?(like zel did with fire red and shiny gold) or is this impossible?anyways thanks for the advice, its just that i'm trying to create something different from pokemon hacks( because even though they are cool, they get repetitive) and i think a zelda hack would be awesome. :)

Someone would have to make a program that would import/export the graphics.

Years
  • Well i don't know if they have an editor for that yet.
    But i do despise oracle of seasons graphics.It looks like a kid drew it.
    And you can try to ask some people on youtube who hacked or is hacking zelda.

So does Minish Cap. Only difference is that it looks like a kid drew it with a more powerful handheld. Also, I kinda disagree that Oracle looks like a kid drew it. It actually looks like a kid drew it, ate it, and then threw it up. As cliche as that is, I always get a laugh from the image...

I don't doubt it could. Just have to get the right tools. Or you could do it the hard way, and draw it all out yourself. But that'd be no fun. So do you mean that you want the hack to be Minish Cap with Oracle's Graphics, or Minish Cap hacked to play like Oracle? There is a difference.

P.S. Click the Pokemon Prism button below for a non-repetitive Pokemon Hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    thanks for the information tetsu,and what i wanted was to hack zelda minish cap so it would play like oracle,but my friend is moving out of the country in a week.......and i don't know anything about hacking, so unless anyone is interested in making it,i guess it won't happen.by the way i would really like to see this come to life, so if anyone likes zelda and knows how to hack(and wants to of course) please make a remake come to life.

P.S:Minish Cap does looks like a kid drew it, but the overall sprites of the world look a lot nicer than those of oracles.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • So basically, you want to re-script Minish Cap to be exactly like Oracles? That would take awhile because you'd need to work out all the commands and stuff. :S

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    yeah it might be too hard, and i don't know anything about hacking,but maybe someday someone will take interest in it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Oh just downloaded Hyrule magic otherwise known as Hmagic and it hacks LOZ:Link to the past.
    Now LOZ has the same structure as advance map(eg.the tile on the left side) but it is real hard to even MAP a LOZ game with that piece of junk.But it has other nice features like script(if there are any) editor,world map editor,start screen editor,and other stuff i forgot to mention.Sorry but it is against the rules to make a link on another site.And i might get arrested for not having the real LOZ game anymore.
    And people did take intrest in zelda hacks.
    Look up "Parallel worlds" on youtube.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    hey just watched the video,but wouldn't it be easier to have hacked the gba version,instead of the old snes one?or does the snes version has tools that the gba one doesn't have?anyways if you find a tool that will make the hack easier please tell me, because i might convince some people to start working on it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yes but they don't have any GBA zelda hacking programs to my knowledge.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • there's always the old TLP and hex editor method.....it's what most new hacks start off as before more specific tools get created. try and find graphics in TLP first see if you can change them, and tell us your progress, i would consider doing this, if i didn't have 2 hacks on their way, those being super luigi 64 and a pokemon hack...

I wish you the best if you decide to make this zelda hack

ZELDA FTW!

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    i would love to make it,but i don't know how to hack.........i'll have to wait until someone has free time and wants to do a hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    if anuone is interested or know someone who might be interested reply to this thread.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Dude use this thing called zelda classic engine. It has the engine of zelda classic and you can make a custom quest anyway you like. Look it up on the internet. You can find tons of sites with sprites, and palletes. You can most probably be able to create a reake of oracle seasons/ages with this. if you know how to.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    thanks for the info,i might convince some hacker in this site to do it.....i just need to wait until he finishes his current hack :)

Back