• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Practically the same pokemon ._.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
  • The Pika clones, the classic butterfly, we have like 7 of those ones.... It's insane. And, all of them are bad, they're bad and you know it. Not even Quiver Dance saves them!.
    Dusty the Butterfree begs to differ. She tackled Giovanni's entire team once, only losing to the last one. Same deal with Venomoth, I beat the Elite Four with one. I haven't used the others though, but I'll try using them later.

Usefullness aside, there's a lot of butterflies in the world, so having a lot of butterfly Pokemon isn't entirely wrong. There's several thousand butterfly and moth species, and each one looks different.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Come to think of it there's no chicken Pokemon, or at least none that I know of. There's a cow Pokemon (Miltank), a bull Pokemon (Tauros), two sheep Pokemon (Mareep and Flaafy), four horse Pokemon (Ponyta, Rapidash, Blitzle and Zebstrika, though those two are more like zebras), even two goat Pokemon (Skiddo and Gogoat), but no chicken Pokemon to be found, which doesn't make a lot of sense. You'd figure after 6 generations we'd finally have a chicken equivalent. There's a similar lack of peacocks and dolphins... That's a bit off topic though.

Actually there's a bunch of frog Pokemon too. There's the Poliwhirl line, the Seismitoad line, the Greninja line, the Toxicroak line... you think that's enough frogs? The first two are pretty similar to each other too, barring Politoed. There's also a few kaiju Pokemon too like Aggron and Tyranitar and Groudon... which we honestly need more of. Kaiju are awesome, man.

Well, the Torchic line are all based off of chickens/roosters, but more "standard" chicken pokemon do need to be made.

As for the topic at hand, I don't really mind the repeats. Different types of the same animal do exist, and some of the "repeat" pokemon have been some of my favourites. That said, a little more variation would be appreciated, but not necessary.

mew_nani

Years
  • Well, the Torchic line are all based off of chickens/roosters, but more "standard" chicken pokemon do need to be made.

As for the topic at hand, I don't really mind the repeats. Different types of the same animal do exist, and some of the "repeat" pokemon have been some of my favourites. That said, a little more variation would be appreciated, but not necessary.
    Well that was embarrasing. Blaziken is one of my favorite starters too. :I

Still it's more of a rooster Pokemon than a chicken Pokemon, as it embodies the fighting aspect of roosters in real life. There's no Pokemon that fills the traditional aspect hens are famous for: laying eggs that humans eat. Pokemon lay eggs, but to my knowledge they aren't eaten like chicken eggs are. Where do people in the Pokemon universe get eggs from? (Besides Chansey and Blissey, which function more like nurses than hens.)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I don't mind having different kinds of the same Pokémon. I just don't like if "this new Pokémon replaces this old one" like how Black and White were first made. For me, the first Gen. 5 games felt like an "attempted reboot", where each Pokémon in there hoped to replace the old ones. The Timburr line replacing the Machop line, Mincinno line replaces the Clefairy line, and etc. :/

Where do people in the Pokemon universe get eggs from?

The Pokémon World is inhabited by humans, Pokémon, and ordinary animals.
    Spoiler:

mew_nani

Years
  • The Pokémon World is inhabited by humans, Pokémon, and ordinary animals.
    Spoiler:
    But that's the anime. There's references to animals in the games but it still doesn't make sense why there isn't a hen Pokemon or a peacock Pokemon or a dolphin Pokemon or things of that nature. Especially when in the games people eat Pokemon; in Sinnoh there's a thing about picking a Pokemon's bones clean and throwing it back in the water and the Pokemon will be born anew. And there's Pokemon modeled after cows, goats and other kinds of livestock so why not hens?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I find that too many pokemon are recycled. It's complete bull that any of the game developers could say that they're starting to run out of ideas. Really? There are so many amazing and fantastic creatures living on our planet, and a bunch of imaginative monster designers for a fantasy game can not come up with a new and original 150 monsters? Seriously? Are they really trying to say that Nature is more creative then their imaginations? They seriously can't bring up Google or Wikipedia and can't take the time to research some fascinating animals that really exist?

I'm cool with having a variety of the same kind of basic physical concept of pokemon, monkeys, bears, cats, birds, etc., but there is no excuse for saying they can't come up with new original pokemon or at least to design the pokemon that are similar without any very distinct features that separate the pokemon designs from one another.

I also want to know why there have been less fantastic pokemon lately. When I say "fantastic" what I mean is, why haven't they been making more pokemon that are based on things that obviously couldn't be based on animals from the real world? I miss designs like "Chansey", "Likitung", "Jynx", "Swalot", "Mawile", pokemon that aren't really based on any previously thought up monster, just pokemon built around a concept if even that. I miss the weird designs where any person could look at it and ask, "What the heck is this creature based on?" with the appropriate answer being, "Who cares, it's a pokemon."
    These designers can make just about whatever comes off the top of their heads into a pokemon, so there's not really any excuse towards why their pokemon are becoming recycled and uncreative.

If you're going to make another Monkey pokemon, fine but maybe do something interesting, what if it was some kind of frightening baboon pokemon with a shiny red butt and make it a Dark Fighting type or something, that would be completely original in my book and would be fascinating to stumble upon in a forest somewhere within the game. That took me like 20 seconds to think up... so explain to me why we have to have two fire monkeys that look almost exactly the same?

The.Lethal.Cherrim

Vampire Cherrim
    Years
  • I'm cool with all the bird, bug, and rodent clones. Do I care for them? Hmm yes and no. I honestly find these repetitive Pokemon to be a complete hit or miss.
    I would love to see Gamefreak incorporate a lot more new animals that they yet to use for a Pokemon design concept and inspiration.
    There is no Hamster Pokemon, no Chickens/Hens, Guinea Pigs, etc.
    A lot of cool things to conceptualize from are out there. Hopefully Gen 7 does that.

Back