• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could use some help.

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
Years
  • There are two parties I like to fight with, but my favorite,by far is this one, my only problem, is it is not always balanced... Any suggestions?

Greininja, Camerupt, Emolga, Flygon, Ludicolo, (and the last I tend to change between Mewtwo, Charizard, Scizor, or Ludicolo)... I am not the best, at making teams, but I would like to think I'm decent-ish at it... Constructive criticism much obliged.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Camerupt is terrible in the standard environment. Its 4x weakness to Water is severely crippling, as Water is a very common attacking type. It's also very slow and its Lucario-level frailty doesn't help in that case. Ludicolo functions best in Rain teams, so it doesn't really have a place in other teams. Flygon is outclassed by Garchomp, which is stronger and faster than it. Emolga is flat-out terrible; its offenses are mediocre and it's frail. Mega Manectric and Wash Rotom are better because they pack more offensive power (and Speed in the former's case).

In the end, the only viable team members you have are Charizard, Scizor and Greninja, with Garchomp and Wash Rotom filling in for Emolga and Flygon. Rapid Spin/Defog support from Excadrill, Latios or Mandibuzz takes up the last slot.

Charizard:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Earthquake/Roost
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Charizardite X
    Ability: Blaze

or
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch/Earthquake
    -Roost
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 144 HP/244 Atk/120 Spe

or
    -Fire Punch/Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Roost
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 248 HP/148 SDef/112 Spe

or
    -Fire Blast
    -Solar Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Dragon Pulse/Roost
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Charizardite Y

Greninja:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Extrasensory
    -Dark Pulse/Hidden Power (Grass/Ice)/Grass Knot/Spikes
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Protean

Scizor:
    -U-turn
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower/Brick Break
    -Pursuit/Knock Off
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Technician

Garchomp:
    -Swords Dance
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Fire Fang
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

or
    -Stealth Rock
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast/Swords Dance
    Nature: Naive/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash/Life Orb/Lum Berry

or
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Fire Blast/Dragon Claw
    Nature: Naive/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

or
    -Stealth Rock
    -Dragon Tail
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic/Fire Blast
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin

Wash Rotom:
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split/Rest
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry

or
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Thunderbolt/Will-o-Wisp
    -Trick
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

Excadrill:
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Head
    -Rapid Spin
    -Rock Slide/Stealth Rock
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Air Balloon
    Ability: Mold Breaker

or
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Head
    -Rock Slide
    -Rapid Spin
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe (Choice Scarf) or 120 HP/136 Atk/252 SDef (Assault Vest; Adamant only)
    Item: Choice Scarf/Assault Vest
    Ability: Mold Breaker

-Foul Play
    -Taunt/Whirlwind
    -Defog/Toxic/Knock Off
    -Roost
    Nature: Bold/Impish
    EVs: 248 HP/136 Def/108 SDef/16 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Overcoat

Latios:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Thunderbolt/Hidden Power (Fighting)/Earthquake
    -Defog
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Last edited:

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
    Years
  • Thank you for your imput. I don't really know where/how to get rotom wash, but I'll be looking for it, same with excadrill.

I would like to state that as long as your not letting it get hit with water, Camerupt has done really good so far. I don't really see myself switching flygon with garchomp, since Flygon has a movepool that more suits my style of play.

(Also I know this is random,but Emolga really needs an evolution already, same with farfetche'd)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    If you're playing competitively then I highly recommend replacing Emolga and Camerupt.

Emolga doesn't really see much use, mostly because it is outclassed by many other Pokemon. Its subpar stats leaves much to be desired, only excelling in Speed. It can't really sweep teams nor even hold a moderate threat. It's not worth using over another Electric-type, like Rotom (and formes), Magnezone, Mega Manectric, Jolteon, Heliolisk, Thundurus, or even Zebstrika.

Camerupt's stats looks okay, but in practice is terrible due to its low Speed and double weakness to Water-type moves, which is always prevalent. I suppose if you run a Solid Rock + Weakness Policy + Rock Polish set then you might be able to catch your opponent off guard and take out one or two, if not all, of their Pokemon. Still, with its average defenses, it can't really hold out on its own for too long. Other Fire-types like Heatran, Charizard (and both of its mega evolutions), Darmanitan, etc., better achieves what Camerupt can only dream of doing.

Lastly, I'd like to address that your team doesn't really hold out for long in a competitive environment. I'm going to quote Anti's advice regarding a recent team of mine that helped immensely change my view in teambuilding, in hopes of affecting you the same way:
    I guess my general suggestion, which I guess also takes the form of a question, is what is the strategy? I think the team needs a clearer vision of the strategy so that it can pressure opponents more.

Also, we'd be able to help you better if you provide us at least a list of your Pokemon's moveset, nature, hold items, and, if you're able to determine, EVs.

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
    Years
  • Also, we'd be able to help you better if you provide us at least a list of your Pokemon's moveset, nature, hold items, and, if you're able to determine, EVs.

(I understand EV's, but I don't properly understand how to train for them, and such... Also don't know how to see the EVs they already have, so I can't help too much in that)

Emolga:
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Static
    Volt Switch
    Acrobatics
    Pursuit
    Thunderbolt

Camerupt
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: Solid Rock (Which helps with 4x weakness A LOT!!!)
    Item: Hard Stone
    Flash Cannon
    Overheat
    Earth Power
    Rock Slide

Greninja
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Protean (Because seriously... He's so crippled without it)
    Item: Amulet Coin (That's what's on him, but I forget what I put on him when I battle... I've been hatching a lot of eggs lately, so I'd have to search for that)
    Ice Beam
    Nigh Slash
    Surf
    Extrasensory

Ludicolo
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Rain Dash
    Item: King's Rock
    Energy Ball
    Ice Beam
    Brick Break
    Hydro Pump

Flygon
    Ability: Levitate (Adds an extra immunity)
    Dragon Tail
    Crunch
    Earth Power
    Rock Slide

And then as I said I often change out the last pokemon. I like to use Emolga/Flygon Strategically, for not only their resistances/imunities (as I can switch to them to take zero damage at times, and then use one of their moves that changes them while switching out pokemon, leaving the opponent to (Most likely) use a move fitted to hurt Emolga/Flygon or switch, offering me in some free damage on them. Having Greninja have a vast type of moves, it also helps to further this strategy, if I plan ahead. I could also leave emolga/flygon there if I feel they expect me to switch them out (usually not first time I have opportunity for it though.) I also like to keep them around, because a good bit of opponents won't exactly expect a camerupt/emolga, which might help. I've been overwhelmed, by a pokemon I've only seen once or twice, because I didn't know who he was, and what the moveset was. I really feel like I should keep flygon in party instead of switching it for garchomp, but I do not claim to be a pro at it though, because for 90% of my life I have just been playing casual, which I know is a million times easier. As I said earlier though... I legitamately don't know how to get Rotom... I've only seen it when fighting against other players.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • (I understand EV's, but I don't properly understand how to train for them, and such... Also don't know how to see the EVs they already have, so I can't help too much in that)

Emolga:
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Static
    Volt Switch
    Acrobatics
    Pursuit
    Thunderbolt

Camerupt
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: Solid Rock (Which helps with 4x weakness A LOT!!!)
    Item: Hard Stone
    Flash Cannon
    Overheat
    Earth Power
    Rock Slide

Greninja
    Ability: Protean (Because seriously... He's so crippled without it)
    Item: Amulet Coin (That's what's on him, but I forget what I put on him when I battle... I've been hatching a lot of eggs lately, so I'd have to search for that)
    Ice Beam
    Nigh Slash
    Surf
    Extrasensory

Ludicolo
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Rain Dash
    Item: King's Rock
    Energy Ball
    Ice Beam
    Brick Break
    Hydro Pump

Flygon
    Ability: Levitate (Adds an extra immunity)
    Dragon Tail
    Crunch
    Earth Power
    Rock Slide

And then as I said I often change out the last pokemon. I like to use Emolga/Flygon Strategically, for not only their resistances/imunities (as I can switch to them to take zero damage at times, and then use one of their moves that changes them while switching out pokemon, leaving the opponent to (Most likely) use a move fitted to hurt Emolga/Flygon or switch, offering me in some free damage on them. Having Greninja have a vast type of moves, it also helps to further this strategy, if I plan ahead. I could also leave emolga/flygon there if I feel they expect me to switch them out (usually not first time I have opportunity for it though.) I also like to keep them around, because a good bit of opponents won't exactly expect a camerupt/emolga, which might help. I've been overwhelmed, by a pokemon I've only seen once or twice, because I didn't know who he was, and what the moveset was. I really feel like I should keep flygon in party instead of switching it for garchomp, but I do not claim to be a pro at it though, because for 90% of my life I have just been playing casual, which I know is a million times easier. As I said earlier though... I legitamately don't know how to get Rotom... I've only seen it when fighting against other players.
    As I mentioned before, Emolga is terrible and Flygon is outclassed. Wash Rotom and Scizor share better synergy together because they cover their sole weaknesses better (Wash Rotom resists Scizor's Fire weakness; Scizor resists Wash Rotom's Grass weakness). If you want a Rotom in-game, they can be encountered in Lost Hotel's shaking trash cans, but they're somewhat rare.

Like I mentioned earlier, Camerupt's common weaknesses, frailty and low Speed hinder it from doing anything at all to common threats like Greninja and Therian Landorus. I'd suggest replacing it entirely.

A Sassy nature is a waste of Greninja's incredible Speed stat. Timid is the best nature for it. Refer to the Greninja set I posted for the ideal set.

Ludicolo is best suited for dedicated rain teams, IMO, and this team isn't one. It also can't use physical moves well because its Special Attack is better than its physical Attack.

Like Greninja, a Sassy nature is a waste of Flygon's Speed (100 is decent, but still not the best admittedly, but it still shouldn't be wasted). It's outclassed by Garchomp because it's stronger, faster and bulkier. While Flygon has U-turn for scouting purposes, Noivern does that better because of its higher Speed (but that's another story). FYI, Dragon Tail has negative priority (meaning it will go after most moves with a higher priority bracket), which is detrimental to a Pokemon as fast as Flygon. The occasional defensive Garchomp makes better use of Dragon Tail because of its superior bulk. Earth Power runs off of Flygon's lower Special Attack, making Earthquake the better option. Crunch provides no noteworthy coverage whatsoever apart from Ghosts and Psychics (which are hit almost as hard by Earthquake, a required move for Flygon). Is mixed attacking your strategy with Flygon? If it is, Garchomp does it better because it also has the same base Special Attack of 80 in its regular form; it does mixed attacking better in its Mega form thanks to the huge increase in both its offensive stats upon Mega Evolution, but it needs sandstorm support to work to its full potential, as Sand Force is useless outside of sandstorm. Refer to my above post for Garchomp sets.

Back