• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7 Days of Battling

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Day Two: Finish a battle using a monotype team!

Let's go back to our roots and play with a team of all the same type! All the coolest Gym Leaders and Elite Four members are doing it, so why not us? Monotype random battles are allowed in this challenge. Remember that you only have to finish a battle, not win it.

Got everything you need to know? Well then, good luck and have fun! If you have any questions just post in this thread and I'll try to answer them.

reminders

- Remember the rules listed in the first post.
    - To confirm that you've finished this challenge, just post your replay in this thread. (i.e Day Two: link or code goes here).
    - Even if we're on another day already, you can still do this challenge as long as you haven't done it before.
    - Remember that you can do your simulator battles on any server! Just remember to save the replay.
    - A battle is finished when a player has won or forfeited. Disconnections are not considered as finished battles!

Additional reminder: Please post your battle server username so that I can give the Battle Points accordingly.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In.

Day 1:

This is a Battle Spot battle: GXUG-WWWW-WW29-Y5W5

I just love using the Mega Gallade + Bisharp core.

Day 2 will come up when I figure out what type I want to use.

PC Server name: PlatD

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Day Three: Finish a battle using an offensive team! Bonus points if you win the battle.

Well those last two days were very easy weren't they? Why don't we go for something that requires a bit more thought in teambuilding? Yes! For this challenge, you have to finish a battle using an offensive team! It can be any form of offensive team (hyper offense, bulky offense, trick room offense, and so on and so forth), so be creative! Additionally, you'll be getting bonus 2 Battle Points if you win the battle! Random battles are not included in this challenge because it's almost impossible to ensure that you get an offensive team.

Got everything you need to know? Well then, good luck and have fun! If you have any questions just post in this thread and I'll try to answer them.

reminders

- To confirm that you've finished this challenge, just post your replay in this thread. (i.e Day Two: link or code goes here).
    - Even if we're on another day already, you can still do this challenge as long as you haven't done it before.
    - Remember that you can do your simulator battles on any server! Just remember to save the replay.
    - A battle is finished when a player has won or forfeited. Disconnections are not considered as finished battles!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Day Four: Finish a battle using a defensive team! Bonus bonus bonus bonus points if you win the battle.

You know what they say, slow and steady wins the race! Well that's your challenge today! Remember that you don't have to win the battle, just finish it! However, if you do manage to win you'll get a bonus whopping 4 points! For the sake of making this challenge easier, I'm going to accept bulky offense teams and balanced teams as "defensive." As with the last challenge, random battles are not included in this challenge because it's almost impossible to ensure that you get a defensive team.

reminders

- To confirm that you've finished this challenge, just post your replay in this thread. (i.e Day Four: link or code goes here).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I kinda think that bulky offense shouldn't be included for this day. It's still very much an offense team even though the 'mons don't die from a Tackle unlike HO. 'Sides, you don't have to win the battle for this day either.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I kinda think that bulky offense shouldn't be included for this day. It's still very much an offense team even though the 'mons don't die from a Tackle unlike HO. 'Sides, you don't have to win the battle for this day either.

I know it is, but I put it there as an easy out for those who don't want to waste 70+ turns using defensive teams. Besides, the point is to have fun without worrying about the specifics :p

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Day Five: Finish a battle using a team without a mega evolution (Gen 6) or without Dragon-types (Other Gens). Bonus points if you win!

Since their inception, mega evolutions has been a staple of almost every team out there. In this challenge, you are to experience battling without having a mega by your side! Does it make any difference? Find out by battling now! If you win your battle, you get bonus 2 Battle Points!

If you're feeling a bit tough, why not consider going through this alternative route? This route requires you to play an older gen (Gen 5 or below). Instead of not having megas, you have to finish a battle without any Dragon-types! Dragon-types are without a doubt the closest thing to a mega in the previous generations, and not having one in your team will put you at somewhat of a disadvantage. If you opt for this route, you will get bonus 3 Battle Points if and only if you win your battle. Are you brave enough for it?

As with the previous two challenges, random battles are not included in this challenge because it's impossible to ensure that you'll get a team that meets the requirements.

reminders

- To confirm that you've finished this challenge, just post your replay in this thread. (i.e Day Five: link or code goes here).

Back