• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Region of Orre (M) [IC]

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
  • Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

I woke up to a constant beeping sound in my ear. "God dammit!" I brought a clenched fist down on my alarm clock and rolled out of bed. "I'm gonna be late!" I quickly pulled on my pants, buttoned my black flannel shirt, and pulled on my boots. I quickly messed with my hair a bit until it looked sexily messy, and pulled my riding goggles on and hung them around my neck. I looked in the mirror and decided that I was ruggedly sexy. "Damn right." I gave myself the clicky guns and walked outside my door. The second I did, I saw Seth signing autographs. Pfft. Typical Seth. I could only laugh. I followed him to the colosseum. I released Seep the Muk from his pokeball and ran up to him and slapped him on the back. "Seth, my man! Are you ready for the tournament?" I looked to his Charmeleon. Pure determination. I looked back to Seep. Pure confidence. I looked to Seth again. "I know I am!"

Years
  • Seth stood with his back leaning agaisnt the wall of the the left side of the entrance to the Colossuem. He decided to wait for Zypher since he pretty much dipped out on him last night. Usually it wouldn't bother him too much, but he felt as if he somewhat betrayed his friend. It was he who told Seth about the tournament in the first place. Seth probably wouldn't even be in the town if he wasn't informed of the happenings. "Of course, you know it." He spoke to Zypher as he patted him on the back, ignoring a group of fans and critics alike. He was reletively calm and content until a man with dark hair and glasses approached he wore a scrubby lab coat and instantly began pawign at the Snag Machine.

"Hey, hey! Back the hell up!" Seth demanded shoving the man with his right arm causing the clumbsy scientist to stummble backwards. The man rotated his body 360 degrees and continued to examine the machine. "Yo! You hearing impared? I though scientists were supposed to be smart?!" Seth questioned giving another rough push.

"Heheheh, I've been keeping an eye on you for quite sometime Zypher....Your methods of battle are rather intreging. Snagging the Shadow competition while pummeling the normal competition....heheheh." The man chuckled darkly.

Seth shoke his head and balled his left hand into a fist. "If you like your face intact I'd move along if I were you..." He threatened. The crazed scientist laughed a little bit then moved into the Colossuem, but not before adding. "Good luck today Mr. Zypher, heheh."

"The hell was that about? Crazy bastard." Seth thought outloud turning to face Zephyr with a wide smile. "Well then shall we?" He questioned making a motion for his friend to enter the dome-topped building "Ladies first." He added cheekyly. Charmeleon growled at the door that the scientist dissapeared into.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn glanced at the clock while she ate, chewing thoughtfully. "You know Yuki, it's about time to go," she said, swallowing her last bite and rinsing her bowl out. Her Pokemon had also finished eating, so she returned them all except Arcanine, who refused to go into his pokeball. "Alright, fine," she sighed, rubbing Arcanine behind the ears. He could be really stubborn at times, but it was always just for the safety of his trainer.

Loryn glanced at the clock again, feeling the slightest bit impatient. "Er, I'm gonna go get in some last minute training and check up on the competition okay?" she spoke as she moved closer to the door. "I'll see you at the Colosseum. Thanks for everything, by the way. I owe you big time." With that, she began walking quickly toward the tournament. It wasn't long before the roof of the Colosseum came into sight. She saw two figures that looked like Seth and Zypher, and waved at them before picking up the pace to meet the two of them. Arcanine trotted beside her, narrowing his eyes slightly at Seth.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • After a while I too decided it was about time to leave. I didn't care much for the training as I already had the tactics in my head, and my pokémon were all raring to go, so I figured that he might have a chance of winning if I tried, I mean I've had these pokémon with me for about 10 years now so they are all very experienced, especially skamory who is probably my best player. Obviously then there's Gallade and Lucario which make a great pair when they work together, although sometimes that's difficult due to their differences, however recently the two have been getting along a bit better due to Gallade teaching him how to use psychic. I leave the house after checking the clock and make my way up to the Colosseum, my pokémon back in their pokéballs due to the mass amounts of tourists and viewers and market stalls, and news reporters. My area is pretty full with tv reporters trying to make last minute advertisements due to it's more sustainable 'elegance.' It takes a good half hour walk until I arrive upon scene, and it's far more packed here than it is back there that I have to worm my way through the crowds of people until I spot Loryn. I smile briefly at her and attempt to find my way into this strange building.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

I had to laugh as a grubby guy came up and started to paw at Seth. It was rather strange, seeing all these people bug Seth. I, myself, had a few fan girls and admirers standing nearby, shouting out encouragements, "I love you"s, and some other indescribable descriptions from my more fanatic fan girls, of which I did not mind. "We all have those fans, Seth. The really creepy ones. I've woken up in some very sketchy situations." It was true. I've woken up in some situations that some would consider mentally scarring or something to that effect. "And if you insist!" I laughed and pushed Seth through the door that led to the locker room.

There were already a few trainers hanging out inside, most of them good friends of mine. Not necessarily quality friends. But friends. I found my favorite spot and placed all of my less-valuable stuff in the locker, and laughed. "Seth, I think we know who will win this tournament!" I laughed and pointed at myself.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    As Loryn got closer to the Colosseum, the crowds got thicker. Arcanine still refused to go into his pokeball, so she had no choice but to weave through the crowds with him. He did sort of come in handy, as most people moved out of the way when they saw the big fiery canine coming. She spotted Yuki a little ways away, and gave him a quick nod before pushing through people again. Soon, both trainer and Pokemon pushed out of the end of the crowd and into the inside of the Colosseum. Not much had changed from the days previous, besides the larger quantity of people. Loryn looked around in amazement, her eyes glistening. Arcanine growled happily; he was just as excited as his trainer for the upcoming battles.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I wake at the sting of sunlight that had made it over the horizon. I got up and looked around the area where I was sleeping and all my pokemon where yawning at the light. Krookodile growled as the sun met his eyes and rolled over to his side, away from the sun. Flygon did her morning routine, and started up her circle laps. Blaziken jumped from where he slept up against the tree, alert and ready for action. Empoleon was having a few problems getting up. I couldn't help my laugh a little inside. Gardevoir smoothly walked over to Empoleon and helped him get up.

Empoleon. Empoleon said in thanks. Gardevoir nodded and faced me. A voice came to my head.

"Good morning." The sweet voice echoed in my head. It was Gardevoir's telepathic abilities. The same one that echoed in my head the night before.

"Good morning everyone." I said to them all.

I looked around, but didn't see my Eevee. A small panic rose inside.

"Have any of you seen Eevee?" I asked.

The pokemon looked around , but didn't see her. Everyone started to look, but no one could find her. Krookodile finally got up, knowing he wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep and went over to the bag that belonged to me.

Krook. Krookodile.

I went over to Krookodile and looked at the bag. Eevee was still sleeping, using the bag as a pillow. I smiled looking at the little brown and white, fuzzy pokemon. I squatted down beside Eevee and put my hand on the pokemon softly.

"Eevee, wake up girl. It is morning." I said to the little Eevee.

The little Eevee yawned and blinked her eyes.

Eevee, Eevee.

"Morning sleepy head." I smiled at the little pokemon.

Eevee climbed up my arm and got to my head and sat atop my head. I looked at my watch and it read 6:47 a.m. There was still a good amount of time before the tournament. Flygon finished her routine and landed gracefully next to the others.

"Ok, guys and gals, everyone is awake now. We still have a good amount out time before the tournament. Y'all go have fun while I am fixing breakfast. I'll let all of you know when it is ready." I said to my pokemon.

They all cheered. Empoleon, Krookodile, and Blaziken all went out into the open desert and practiced with one another. Eevee climbed on Flygon's back and flew around enjoying themselves. Gardevoir went into the town to get some water. Normally I would not send my pokemon alone, but Gardevoir is more than capable handling herself, along with most of my other pokemon.

I got a fire started as Gardevoir returned with the water. After about an hour, everything was ready to eat.

"Come and get it!!" I yelled. All my pokemon returned, ready to eat. Everyone had a bowl with morning stew in it. Most were full after the first bowl. Empoleon and Krookodile got another bowl, but were full soon after. I myself had some gravy and biscuits.

"Ok guys, time for you to rest up for the tournament." I said pulling out all my pokeballs at once.

They all nodded and returned, all but Eevee.

"So you want to stay out with me?" I said with a grin.

Ee, Eevee.

"Ok just don't come in the tent. I need to change." I said. Eevee agreed and wandered off to the tree that Blaziken slept not long ago. I went in to a tent that I always set up, but never slept in. I took off my dirty clothes and put on fresh ones. I wore a dark crimson T-Shirt and a pair of black basketball shorts. I put my shoes back on and a pair of dark crimson gloves on my hands. After I was ready, I returned outside and Eevee ran and climbed my arm and returned to the top of my head. I broke down the tent and cleaned everything up. Normally I would fly, but I wanted to walk today so that my pokemon wouldn't be tired. I left the site and walked toward the city gates. First I would make a stop at the Pokemon Center and then head to the Colosseum.

I looked at the streets, that were very empty at the time. "Got to love getting up early and heading to the Colosseum." I said to Eevee, scratching the little fur ball on the side.

Last edited:
    Years
  • "Punk!" Seth retorted after being nuddged into the locker room, but laughed as he found the humor in it. Charmeleon even managed a smile afterwards. "What you smirking at?" Seth asked fake glaring at his Pokemon that smiled wider. He didn't have anything to place aside, being he never really carried much. He then however sat on the bench and took off his boots putting them in a locker which had his name on it. There was nothing inside except old registration forms, and thank you notes.

Everyone who watched the Pyrite Colosseum matches before knew that when Seth removed his boots, it was a sign that he was there to solely battle and not snag. He looked over to Zephyr with a devious smile. "Yeah, we all know it's going to be Loryn...you know...beginners luck, haha." He said jokingly knowing she was around close by somewhere in the crowd of trainers. Though it wasn't to hard to notice her after tring being her Arcanine was hard to miss.

Then the sound of the intercom announcer rang through the locker room greeting the audiance just outside the door that lead to the arena. "We shall begin the Annual Pyrite Colossuem Knock Out Tournament within 10 minutes! Trainers please be ready when your name is called! We have also set up an observation booth for you as well, can't miss it, right in the front row!" The man then went on over the rules. "The matches will consist of one on one battles with three Pokemon per trainer, the competing Pokemon will be healed after each match to ensure a good show and fairity throughout the competition! If you would take these last minutes for any final preperation please do so now! For if your name is called and your not in the arena within two minutes you will be disqualified!"

"Wow, really it's the Annual Competition already? Damn I thought it was just your average battle competition...no wonder there's so many people." Seth spoke outloud oblivious eventhough he was sure Zephyr did mention that when he told him of the tournament.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn glanced over at the lockers, where she noticed Seth and Zephyr. She thought about putting her backpack away, but instead clutched it tighter on her shoulders. She always had it with her, and there was really no point in putting it away. Instead, she walked over to the two guys and said a quick hello as a voice boomed over the intercom. The man said something about the tournament starting in ten minutes. There was an observation booth in the front row, the man mentioned, so Loryn figured she would wait there until it was her turn. She mentally went over the rules in her head until she had them memorized, then smiled nervously.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Maya was utterly dumbfounded at the vast expanse of people, interspersed within the simple, pallid ramparts of the ample Coliseum. Truth be told, it was almost inconceivable at the expanse of people, gathered within its dwelling. Maya appeared quite pleased. It looks as if there's more competition than I'd anticipated. The more, the merrier, as they say. This'll certainly prove to be a great challenge. Although, a subtle hint of mild exasperation fluttered from her tender lips, as she had sighed, albeit nonchalantly; truth be told, she didn't particularly cherish the distasteful drudgery that was involuntarily imposed upon her; but, nevertheless, she yet still possessed an ember of determination towards the overwhelmingly jubilant occasion. Maya, taking especial notice of her companion, approached Loryn, and spoke,

"Hey, Loryn! It's pretty packed in here, don't you think?"

"It's sort of intimidating, and to be honest, I'm more nervous than usual. My knees can't stop trembling."

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I wonder into a room filled with lockers and get to view most of my participants. I didn't actually bring anything except my jacket which I plan to wear so I ave no use for the thing. I sit on a bench and have a look. I can see Seth and Loryn, the rest are unrecognizable to me, although I feel as though I've seen faces before. I quickly look to see how much space there is and there is quite a lot so I release Lucario and Gallade in order of pokéball number 3, 4. The two sit on opposite ends of me. Yes I get I'm sort of giving away my team a bit but I honestly can't help it, my pokémon aren't the sort for pokéballs. The two decide to freshen up themselves by practicing punches against each other for fun or perhaps just to be a little bit more acurate, but the two know they are being viewed so they are both calm and collective, although I can tell by the look on Lucario's face that it isn't determination he shows but anger. I decide to intervene a few moments after Lucarios anger by putting an arm on his shoulder which signifies they should stop, and instead they do something more peaceful together with their psychic and a can - I honestly have no idea where that came from. Lucario actually has the hang of this psychic thing but I can tell he is putting a lot of effort into it, unlike Gallade who is simply lifting and arm. His psychic is very precise, mainly because he's had it for about 10 years and perfected it entirely, but who knows what will happen against a real opponent. I gather around the two to discuss my plan.

"Guys I plan to use you two last because you are the strongest of the bunch, k." They both know I'm lying. I said that far too loud for it to be true. Besides Gallade can read my mind.

Gallade, I think, I actually have no plan of order, but be ready for any opponent. You and Lucario are my best shots at winning this.

Then a voice rang trough the locker rooms explaining the obvious rules and stuff. He already knew the rules, read it somewhere perhaps. Yuki yawned and waited for the first name to be announced although he had a sinking feeling it wouldn't be him first, but second.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    "Hey Maya!" Loryn chuckled as the girl appeared next to her, complaining about how nervous she was. "I'm pretty nervous too! This is my first Colosseum battle, after all!" She clasped her hands together to keep them from trembling, then focused her attention on Yuki, who was training his Gallade and Lucario. They're strong... she thought with a sinking feeling as Lucario used Psychic to levitate a can. That was unusal, she'd have to remember it...

Arcanine nudged her hand with a whimper. "What is it buddy?" Loryn looked down, confused. Arcanine motioned with his paws toward the two Pokemon sparring, and she suddenly got the hint. "Oh, you want to train too?" she grinned, then held up a pokeball. "Alright. Vaporeon, c'mon out!"

The little blue Pokemon appeared with a squeal. She looked up at Arcanine expectantly. Loryn ushered them to a corner where it wasn't so crowded and the lockers were still only a few feet away. "Okay. Vaporeon I want you to use Aurora Beam to counter Arcanine's Flamethrower. I know it's stronger, but you need the endurance!"

"Eon!" Vaporeon chirped excitedly, and the two began firing the moves at each other. Loryn could tell Arcanine wasn't trying his hardest, as Vaporeon was pushing his move back bit by bit, but that was what she'd hoped. Besides, she wasn't even using one of the two. The other just needed a training partner.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

I couldn't help but shudder in anticipation as the announcer announced the ten minute warning. "Woo!" I jumped into the air and triumph. I sent out Seep the Muk, Nail the Primeape, and Burn the Flareon. My three faithful companions looked up at me with a smile. "Are you guys ready?" Nail jumped up and fist-pumped in the air in excitement and let out a cry of excitement. Burn shot off a small Flamethrower into the air, accidentally setting off the smoke alarm and the sprinklers. "Woops!" Seep began to groan and expanded his body in order to soak up the water until everything stopped. I looked around at the other contestants. "Eheh...Heh..Heh...Heh..........Heh. Sorry about that." I felt kinda awkward, but I couldn't help but burst out laughing afterwards. "Good job Seep!"​

Years
  • Seth sat for moment and waved his hellos to Maya, Loryn, and Yuki. He was literally about to follow the two girls out to the observation area, when he heard it, his name. "Alrighty Ladies and not so Gentleman let's get this thing underway! First up the young man who needs no introduction, three time Annual Champion of the Pyrite Colossuem, Seth Zypher!" The announcer called as the audiance cheered crazily, the obvious nay-sayers mixed in were utterly drowned out by the echoing roar. "His challenger, Oosei Kameso! A seasoned trainer of the Phenac City Gym!"

Moving out of the locker room into the arena Seth frowned slightly seeing that his opponent was a girl. 'Ladies first' His previous words echoed through his head, 'Damn it, Rider.' He added with a smile internally looking over to his friend in the obsrvation area.

"For those who unaware of the importance of the Annual Colosseum Tournament let it be known that the victor along with the reward money, will also recieve the Pyrite Pokemon Tag, an item equivalent to one the Pokemon League Badges found in the other Regions!" The announcer continued. "Now if both Trainers are ready, the first battle may now begin!"

A large screen hanging from the center of the dome lit up showing the combatants, their names underneith, along with three empty spaces benieth them where their Pokemon would appear upon being sent out. Charmeleon stepped forward but Seth held him back with a look of disapproval. "Not yet, Go Umbreon!" Seth called as the black Eeveelution streached out of the red light that momentarily surrounded him.

"Ain't too bright are ya?!" Oosei shouted across the arena. "I seen what you did to my home town the other day, I'll have you know I'm taking it personally!" She added throwing her first Pokeball into the air. In a red flash an amped up Machoak appeared. "Hehe, type advantage from the start!" She called pointing a finger for the Fighting-Pokemon to charge. "Go on and use Brick Break!"

"Not too bright yourself..." Seth retorted but not nearly loud enough for his voice to carry. Umbreon turned his back to the approaching target and kicked up a cloud out dirt from the ground into Machoak's eyes. The Pokemon stummbled back blinded temporatily. "Umbreon Take-Down!" Seth shouted as the Dark-Pokemon shouldered his opponent with enough force to inflict damage on both Pokemon. Before the opponent could retaliate Umbreon was already charging a Shadow Rush. A blue aura surrounded the Eeveelution as he drove his opposite shoulder into the face of Machoak. Again recoil damage was delivered.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Vaporeon and Arcanine paused their attacks as the smoke alarm went off. Suddenly, they were all being sprayed with water from the sprinklers. Vaporeon squealed, leaping around through the mist. She slipped and stumbled over to the Flareon that had set the sprinklers off. "Poreon?" she squeaked, eyeballing the other Eeveelution with a puzzled look on her face.

Loryn brushed back her hair, which was damp from the water. At least I don't have to shower now, she thought with a smirk. Arcanine shook out his coat; he absolutely hated water. Loryn laughed at the annoyed look on the canine's face, then walked over to Vaporeon, where she sat inspecting Zephyr's Flareon. "Looks like you made a new friend, hm?" she grinned at the two Eeveelutions, then looked up at Rider. "Next time, be more careful okay? Not everyone here appreciates a shower during their training," she smirked, then looked up as Seth's name was announced over the intercom. Quickly scooping up Vaporeon, Loryn and Arcanine made their way to the observation area to watch the battle. It was just getting started as Seth sent out Umbreon and his opponent, Oosei, sent out Primeape.

Years
  • "Keep it going Umbreon! Take-Down again!" This time the move sent Machoak sprawling backwards across the ground. The Pokemon attempted to pull itself up while wipeing it's eyes, but was quickly struck by another Shadow Rush. After deliving the move Umbreon started to pant feeling the fetigue of overusing self inflicting techniques. "One more!" Seth directed, and again before the opposing Pokemon could do anything about it, Umbreon drove his head forcefully into Machoak's chest.

"Machoak return!" Oosei shouted as the red beam from her Pokeball brought her first Pokemon back. The Picture of Machoak fading as she did so. "Okay, then I see how you like to play!" The girl taunted.

"Do you now? Moonlight Umbreon!" Seth interupted as the Dark-Pokemon began to heal itself magically. "Better hurry!" Seth suggested watching the girl send out a Torkal, that instantly spat out a long flamethrower. Umbreon busy with it's previous move was soon engulfed by the flames. "Eoooooon!" The Pokemon screamed out in pain as the searing fire washed over it's body. "Take it Umbreon! Shadow Rush!" Seth called as Umbreon again grew a blue firey aura rushing through the flames toward the Torkal.

"Iron Defense!" Oosei ordered as Torkal pulled itself into it's shell that suddenly glowed a shimmering steel color. Umbreon bounced off hitting the defended Pokemon with staggering force. Wobbling backwards Umbreon tried to focus on it's ooponent but was then pushed back to it's own side of the arena by a star of fire, Fire Blast.

Seth cursed to himself and returned his injured Pokemon. "Fine then, try this on for size!" He commented sending out his Zangoose who waved it's claws through the air intimidatingly.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I walked toward the waiting room where the trainers would be waiting for their battles. Right as I walked in the sprinklers went off and I jumped back a bit to avoid getting wet. I let out a laugh that everyone had gotten wet, but me but then stopped. I did not really see what had happened, but I was glad I wasn't there a minute sooner. Eevee was still sitting on my head as I walked into the room. I looked around and saw that some trainers were training some, I wondered to myself why they would train right before a battle. But then again, the matches are random.

I let my bag down in a locker and closed it and put my own lock on it, so that no one could get in the locker to easily. As I locked the lock. The speakers announced two people to the field. Someone named Seth and someone named Oosei.

I walked to the viewing room and watched the two trainers battle, with Eevee still on my head.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn bit her lip as she watched the battle, clutching Vaporeon close to her chest. Arcanine had finally agreed to return to his pokeball as he was too large for the observation area. Oosei's Pokemon were strong, but Seth was more experienced. Still, it was tough to determine who had the upper hand.

Loryn's thoughts were cut short as Vaporeon wiggled out of her grasp and scampered off behind her. "What the...Vaporeon, get back here!" she yelped, whipping around to see where the little blue Pokemon had ran off to. Her eyes immediately fell on a boy she'd never met before with an Eevee on his head. Vaporeon was jumping up and down in front of him, squeaking up at its previous evolution. Loryn smirked at the sight up it, then walked over and scooped her Pokemon up.

"Sorry about Vaporeon. She's real friendly, especially around Eevee and its evolutions." She grinned sheepishly, then stuck out her hand after a moment. "I'm Loryn by the way. I don't think I've met you before."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As I watched the battle, a pokemon ran up to me and rubbed up against my leg. I took my eyes off the battle to look down. A Vaporeon was jumping up and down and squeaking at Eevee. I smiled at the little blue pokemon and before Eevee could jump down from my head, a young, thin and tall female walked up and scooped of the Vaporeon.

"No worries, Vaporeon wasn't bothering anyone." I said smiling at girl. She had brilliant blue eyes and curly dark brown hair. She looked wet. I figured she was unlucky to get caught in the whatever had happened before I had entered the waiting room. I took her hand and shook it.

"My name is Iruko and this is my Eevee. And yeah you probably haven't. I am from the Hoenn Region. Nice to meet you Loryn."

As I looked at her, I noticed that she was the girl I had saw the previous night who flew off with that boy on his Skarmory. I was glad to see she was okay.

"That is a healthy Vaporeon you have there." I said.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn smiled back at the guy that indentified himself as Iruko. He was from the Hoenn region, which he said while she was gazing down at Vaporeon. Hoenn? she thought, That's pretty far. It'd be fun to travel there though. She brushed a piece of her still damp hair behind her ear, then asked: "Why'd you leave? There's nothing very exciting in Orre." then laughed, tilting her head back up to Iruko as he complimented how healthy the little blue Pokemon was. "Thanks," Loryn said, looking at his Pokemon. "Your Eevee's really cute by the way. I've always had a soft spot for them." Her gaze turned back to the battle. "I'm sorry for distracting you. You can keep watching if you want."

Back