• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Established universes, and changing them

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    How do you feel about RP's in established universes, from books, tv shows or movies? And how faithful would you like them to be?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    If I use an existing universe for an RP it tends to be set in an alternative timeline so I still have free reign of everything.

This. I feel that if one follows this sort of thinking that things just tend to work better. It's what was done for the One Piece RP and sort of what I'm doing for the Unova RP.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • I definitely feel weird if an RP is set in a universe where canon characters are present.

Actually, I think I'm generally put off by RPs that are set in universes too similar to whatever they were based off of, with a similar plotline. I can absolutely see the appeal to them, but they're not really for me. Even in terms of Pokemon, I've always entered RPs that have a unique spin to them in some way.

Back